NO.

NO.

A Chapter by unspoken_vocabulary

“ISAAC, get away from that thing!” Anna’s eyes met mine. We both turned to see my mom, with a gun in her hand. 4 officials stood next to her. The were bigger than usual, and the uniform they were wearing meant one thing. They weren’t only officials, but the higher rank kind. They only showed when something serious had happened, like treason.

“Mom, put the gun down. You don’t understand, It’s all a lie! Everything we’ve been told is false. Our government isn’t even from the United States anymore.”

“Did she tell you that?! She did, didn’t she? Don’t you get it Isaac? This is what they do. They mess with your mind so you turn against us. They are the bad guys.”

I looked at Anna, fear filled her green eyes. We both knew what was coming, but I didn’t plan on giving up when we were so close. I held Anna’s hand, hoping to assure her and comfort her.

“Don’t worry, I have a plan B” I whispered to her. I took the video from her and held it behind my back. I wiggled it, hoping Aaron would catch what I was trying to do.

“Mom, please don’t do this. Anna is right about everything, I believe her. Don’t you see the dog?! Aren’t you a little bit curious about why there is a dog when they are supposed to be extinct?” My mom’s mind filled with doubt. Aaron took the video from my hand, and I turned to him.

“Take it to Emma, she’ll know what to do.” I turned again to see Anna. I nodded, hoping she would understand that it would all work.

“Go Aaron!” Aaron ran, just like the time I saw him for the first time. “Emma! play it in the warehouse. Make sure everyone watches!” I yelled with all of my strength. My mom seemed convinced about what needed to be done. The officials smiled at us, and that was enough to send chills all over my body.

“Kill them both” said the first official, “they have committed a crime against our government.” The gun went off. A gasp was the last thing I heard from Anna’s mouth before the bullet hit her chest.


© 2015 unspoken_vocabulary


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on June 7, 2015
Last Updated on June 7, 2015


Author

unspoken_vocabulary
unspoken_vocabulary

CA



About
Just a 16 year old girl from California. I've learned that the only way I can express myself is through writing, so here I am. I would love some feedback :) Instagram: unspoken_vocabulary more..

Writing