Sophomore Year - Realizations

Sophomore Year - Realizations

A Chapter by whiteNight
"

Don't worry, is coming to a close o:

"
"You do realise I'm not on the pill," I said.
"Yep."
Bobby and I were sitting a bench waiting for my bus. He lived nearby so he could just walk.
But I really didn't want him to leave, because I was mentally freaking out.
"I could get pregnant."
"I know."
"Then how are you so damn calm?" I almost shouted.
He looked at me. "Whitney, I'm sure your fine. Either way, I'll be with you to help you out. We'll... Work it out somehow."
"Bobby, this is not sometime you can just 'work out somehow'," I said. "This is pretty serious... Bobby, I'm really scared."
He looked me in the eye. "Don't be scared, okay? Just think of anything else. The more you stress, the worse it will get."
I sighed, and my bus pulled up, and I got up. I was about to walk away when he said something that made my heart drop.
"I love you."
I turned around. "What did you just say?"
"I said I love you."
The door to my bus opened. I barely noticed.
I crossed back over to him, leaned down and kissed him. "I love you too."
He smiled - One of those rare genuine smiles he got every so often. "You're about to miss your ride."
"Worth it," I said, and kissed him again.
The bus driver honked.
He chuckled, rolled my eyes and grabbed my bags, and headed on the bus.
When I sat down, I had never felt so high. I was completely dizzy. I have never had this feeling before.
I knew I loved him.
But I didn't know I could love someone this much.
* * *
It was the second-to-last day of school, and I had PE first period. After my schedule had been changed, it was the only class Bobby and I had together now.
I had found I found out I wasn't pregnant.
"Now, there are two things you can do today," Mrs. Hood said. "You can be part of the movie group, or part of the game group."
"What's the movie?" someone asked.
"Warm bodies."
I made a face. I wasn't in the zombie-movie mood this morning.
Bobby nudged me. "What do you what to do?"
"Honestly, neither."
"Me too."
"We could just walk on the track," I said.
He shrugged. "Sure."
Mrs. Hood grudgingly let us go out, and we were the only ones on the track.
"So what're you going to do this summer?" I asked.
"Going back to the Arkansas to see my dad," he said. "I wish I didn't have too. I hate him."
"I'm sorry," I said.
"Hey, don't be, I'm coming back anyway," he said. "Not your fault. What're you doing this summer?"
"Going back to Texas," I said. "We leave in a week."
"You're not coming back, are you?"
I shook my head, and we were both were quiet.
He pointed to the lookout building by the track onto the football field. I nodded.
We sat on the stairs, and the building hid us from everyone inside. It was a beautiful day, and as he leaned back on the stairs, and I leaned into his chest.
I looked at him, and blinked. "Hey, you shaved," I said.
I smiled. "About time you noticed. You've been complaining about it since I can remember," he said.
I smiled. "I didn't think you'd do it."
"Of course I would," and he leaned in kissed me.
And we stayed like that. The only sound around was the sound of the wind rustling through the trees and passing cars on the nearby country roads.
"I wish you didn't have to go," he said.
I ran my fingers through his soft hair. "Me neither," I said. "I'm really going to miss this."
He looked at his watch and sighed. "Class is ending - we should probably get going."
I frowned. "Fine, lets hurry before we're late for second period."
He kissed me one more time as we got up.
"You coming to school tomorrow?" He asked.
I made a face. "Why? It's a half day anyway."
He shrugged. "There's free food; I'm going."
I laughed. "I'll think about."
He smiled. "Whatever you say."
We walked in the gym, and the bell rang. He kissed me, and we walked through both the different locker room to exit.
I felt a pang in my heart.
In four days; I won't see him again - maybe never.
I took a deep breath and paused.
Can I handle losing not only the place I loved - but now the guy I completely have given my heart to?
I didn't know.


© 2013 whiteNight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on June 20, 2013
Last Updated on June 20, 2013
Tags: true story, love story, high school


Author

whiteNight
whiteNight

San Antonio, TX



About
Hi, I'm 16, and constantly moving. I've lived around the world, and I wanted a place to share my writing. I'm a sucker for beat poems, and I would be lost without sports and literature in my life. .. more..

Writing
Soul Soul

A Poem by whiteNight