Prolouge

Prolouge

A Chapter by Amanda Eckhoff
"

This story starts out rough but it gets better as the chapters progress.

"
     I hate my school. I was blessed enough to be the lucky one whose father is a rich neglectful a*****e who makes it up to me for not being there. Well he doesn't constantly make it up to me but he did name a school after me. Benjamin High.

     My name is cliché Benjamin but everyone calls me Angel. My mother was the hippy type. She was one of those people that don't name their children, they let the spirits do it for them and what the spirits came up with was Angel. My father had told her that she would name me Angel over his dead body. With enough persistence though, he compromised on Benjamin Angel. My mother left us when I was 13 though, something about finding her true inner self. I haven't seen my father much since then either. But it doesn't matter if I never see him because I can't stand him. It's not one of those things where on the inside I'm hurting. No, I really cannot stand to be around him. He's a stuck up a*****e and doesn't even care that I exist. Just looking at him makes me want to be sick. He is a doctor and along with being a doctor, he had a god complex. My whole town knows him and because of that they all know me.

     I hate my school because as much as I don't want to, I have to fit in. I have to be the decent kid who happens to be the school star. I have to get honor roll, can never do anything stupid, and most of all, maintain a group of friends who are as equally normal as me. I suppose I have gotten used to fitting in but I haven't gotten used to liking it. My father expects me to do well for his reputation. I am getting tired of doing well. That's who I am Benjamin Angel Walker.


© 2013 Amanda Eckhoff


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Flow and fluency charmed me.
I may follow as you glide along.
Hope it will remain as interesting as the prologue.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This was a very interesting read. It'll be interesting to see how the two parents play out and how they impact their child because it seems like they're two pretty different people.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Amanda Eckhoff

10 Years Ago

Thank you. There are more chapters to come. :)
I mostly read poetry on here, I don't really review stories that much but I took a chance here and wasn't disappointed.
I like the title its unique and quirky
This is a good opening for the story and Im looking forward to what else you have to write.
I think his "hippy" mother adds depth to his character
well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Amanda Eckhoff

10 Years Ago

Thank you for giving Cigarettes and Pepsi a shot. Also, thank you for the review. I'm glad you enjoy.. read more
Entropy of the mind

10 Years Ago

You are very welcome :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 19, 2013
Last Updated on May 19, 2013
Tags: chapter one, cigarettes and pepsi, story, beginning, introduction, boys, gay, romance


Author

Amanda Eckhoff
Amanda Eckhoff

MO



About
I love writing about things out of the ordinary. In my writing I love to explore human sexuality, relationships, and human struggles. Most of my writings involve gay main characters but are not limite.. more..

Writing