Chapter Seven: It happens and it isn't always pretty.

Chapter Seven: It happens and it isn't always pretty.

A Chapter by Amanda Eckhoff

 *2 weeks later*

 

I awoke to the sound of my phone ringing loudly next to me. Sometime that night I had fallen asleep with my head at the foot of the bed. I could remember that MiKey and I were wrestling and tickling each other senseless then I fell on my back with my head at the foot of the bed. MiKey had settled with his head on the pillows at the other end of the bed. We had talked for a long time but sometime through the conversation I had fallen asleep.

I sat up quickly and scrambled away from the tangles of MiKey’s legs on me and I grabbed it. I didn’t take the time to see who it was before I flipped it open.

"Hello?" My voice was a whisper.

"Angel! What the f**k! Where have you been?" Candy’s shrill voice boomed in my ear. I pulled the phone a little ways away from my ear and looked over. MiKey had rolled over at the noise and was lying in a ball with his hands pinned to his chest. I glanced at the clock. It was like three in the morning. I moved as silently as I could and climbed off the bed. I walked over to the door and stood out in the hallway, closing the door softly behind me.

"Why the f**k are you calling me at three in the morning? I was sleeping." I heard some loud music and people screaming. I could only think of one explanation, she was at a party and she was wasted. I didn’t miss getting dragged to parties. They never really reflected who I was. I had more fun in my life, lying on my bed playing video games with MiKey than I ever did with a group of drunk people.

"Well, if I don't call you then I won't talk to you because you certainly won't call me. Why do hate me so much Angel?" Her voice went up in an annoying high pitched whine and I sighed.

"I don't…hate you.” I said, although I was pretty sure I was starting too. “I just need some time okay?" She squealed at something and then turned her attention back at me. The giggles she was producing slurring together.

"Two months! It's been almost two f*****g months Angel. You need two f****n months? I haven't talked to you in forever! I miss you! I miss my boyfriend. Why aren’t you here with me!" Her shrill whiny voice was rubbing on my nerves like a cheese grater. I bit my tongue. I heard some guy’s raspy voice through the speaker and then she squealed again.

"John no! Leave my bra alone!" I rolled my eyes, just wanting the conversation to end. I wanted the relationship to end.

"I gotta go Candy bye." I was about to end the call and go back to cuddle with MiKey but she stopped me.

"No Angel wait! Will you take me somewhere? Tomorrow? Please? I wanna go on a date…Please?" I sighed again.

"I don't know I have plans tomorrow…sorry. Maybe later." I closed my phone and rubbed my temples. I was all of the sudden getting a really bad headache. I walked back in the room silently and climbed back into bed. I lay down softly and took a deep breath. I felt him shift beside me and his arm wrap around my waist.

"Who was that?" He said in a sleepy dream state sort of way. His flicking ears made me smile. I rubbed his tail softly.

"Sorry, didn't mean to wake you. And that was Candy." He nodded, eyes still closed.

"Oh." I knew he didn't even like hearing her name, much less talking about her.

I sighed and he snuggled into me, his heat making me sleepy again. I had gotten so used to having him in my bed, sleeping with me that I wasn’t sure if I could ever sleep on my own again. I didn’r really want to. It didn't take me long to fall back asleep.

 

------

 

When I awoke again, it was eight in the morning. MiKey was still fast asleep, so I got up to go to the bathroom. I closed the door behind me and shed my clothes. I was really feeling disgusting even though I had just showered the day before. I assumed it was from talking to Candy. She always made me feel…wrong. I climbed into the shower and just stood there, letting the water run over me.

Today, was going to be a good day, I told myself. I wasn't going to think any negative thoughts. I had a surprise plan to take MiKey somewhere special that day. A place my mom used to take me when I was little. It was one of the only good memories I had of my mother.

It was a beautiful park. There was a pond, some playground equipment and picnic area. No one knew about it though because it was so far out of the way. My mom used to take me there when she wanted to do deep meditating. And by that I mean sitting on the ground next to the pond and "getting in touch with nature." I would play silently on the swings or slide and just breath in the clean air.

I turned off the water after I was done with short showering process. I stepped out, dripping water onto the floor. Wrapping a towel around my waist, I turned on the sink. I vigorously brushed my teeth and then left the bathroom. MiKey was still sleeping just as I had left him. I silently moved across the floor and threw on a clean pair of boxers and some jeans. As soon as that was done, and I had a cigarette in my hand, I walked down stairs and into the kitchen. I proceeded to make two bowls of Lucky Charms, and then went back up the stairs, balancing them carefully. When I opened the door slowly, cautious not to spill anything, I saw MiKey sitting up in bed, stretching. I smiled at him and he smiled back his eyes shining.

"Goodmorning lazy." He giggled and took the bowl from me when I handed it to him.

"Hey." I sat next to him and we ate silently for a while, the only sound was the crunching of the cereal.

"So, I was thinking that we should go somewhere today." I said with my mouth full of cereal.

"Oh yeah?" He asked as he finished off the cereal. When I was about to reply he slurped down the milk and then looked at me. I couldn't help but to smile.

"What?" He said, blushing.

"Nothing. You’re just so cute is all." He blushed even harder. I leaned over and pecked his cheek.

"So, anyway, I was thinking that we should go someplace."

"Where is this someplace?" He set down the bowl and looked at me curiously.

"It's a surprise." That brought a smile to his face.

"Surprise huh?" I finished my cereal and set the bowl on the table next to me.

"Yeah, a surprise. I think you’ll like it." I pushed my hand through his hair softly, feeling the thickness of it.

"Can I go take a shower?" I pulled my hand back.

"How many times do I have to tell you that you can use anything you want that belongs to me. You don't have to ask." He blushed again and stood up awkwardly.

"Sorry." I set my bowl down and grabbed his arm slightly, pulling him to where he stood in front of me. With me sitting, he was only a few inches taller.

"Kiss me." I said it with a whisper. He leaned down and softly pressed his mouth against mine, his hair falling around my face. I opened immediately and he pulled back when I did so.

"Let me brush my teeth first." I laughed.

"I don't care about at little bit of morning breath." He shrugged with a smile on his face.

"I do though." Then he turned around and walked into the bathroom and I couldn’t help stare at his a*s. He closed the door softly behind him. I sighed and fell back onto the bed. I could feel my need for him growing and I wanted to just ask him. I knew we should talk about sex. It was important, but I was scared. It was my on fear that kept me from doing the things with MiKey that I really wanted to do. We had gotten close to starting things a handful of times but I always ended up backing out. I put my hands on my face and groaned.

 

------

 

"We're taking a picnic?" He asked with a smile on his face, his one dimple showing.

"Yep." He sat on the barstool across from me, where I was making some sandwiches and packing a basket with drinks and snacks, complete with a blanket.

"How clichéd." He said with a smile but reached over to touch my arm softly.

"Hey now, don't be mean." I said as I raised the knife I was using to cut the pickles with.

"Ooo, what are you going to do? Stab me?" I shrugged.

"If I had too."

"Whatever, you wouldn't ever hurt me in any way." He picked up a sliced pickle and nibbled on it.

"Maybe not, but I could pout until you felt sorry for me."

"Yeah, you’re right there." I finished putting together the sandwiches and stuffed them into the little picnic basket that my mom used to take with us on these long trips.

"Alright, everything is in order, we can finally leave." He hopped off the stool.

"Finally. I never knew how obsessive compulsive you are." I grabbed the basket and he grabbed the water bottles off of the kitchen island.

"That's not very nice." I said, but my voice held a playful tone I knew he would catch. "Why are you ganging up on my today, what did I do?"

"I don't really know I just kinda feel like teasing you a lot today." I smiled as we walked through the garage door.  We packed the car and got into it. I pulled out a cigarette and lit it before sticking the keys into the ignition. I pulled out slowly and turned onto the road. Instinctively, I handed MiKey the cigarette after I had taken a drag off of it. He slowly took a drag of it and then blew it out in tiny little rings.

"Where did you learn to do that?! I’ve always wanted to do that!" I asked him in awe.

"I taught myself. When I was bored and had nothing else to do, I would smoke and that only lasted a little while. But when I did smoke I concentrated on things like blowing the smoke into rings. It’s all about keeping your cheeks in and controlled coughing. Like, light coughs." I smiled.

"You have many talents I don't know about don't you?" He glanced at me with a smirk. I took another drag and went to hand it to him, but he shook his head. I put it out in the ash tray.

"Yeah, and a lot of them have to do with my mouth." I laughed and couldn’t help the flushing of my face.

"You’re just a short little pervert aren't you?" He huffed.

"I'm not short!"

"But you are a pervert?"

"Hey, I didn't mean that! Maybe…just a little…"

"Uh huh. You’re not the only one who can pick on people….shorty." He scoffed again.

"I cannot believe you. And m' not short." He sat up in his seat to add to the height he didn't have.

"Okay…you’re only like 7 or 8 inches shorter than me." He flicked my ear.

"Ow! That hurt! What was that for?" The grin on his face said he felt accomplished for flicking me in the ear.

"Don't be a b***h and I won't flick you."

"If I wasn't driving right now, then I would…would…"

"What? What would you do?"

"I would tickle you!" He laughed.

"Tough guy. So, how long is this drive anyway?" I looked at my watch.

"From here? I'd say we have a good hour and forty five minutes."

"An hour and forty five minutes!?" I nodded.

"Geez, where are you taking me Angel?" I smiled.

"Hopefully, one of the most serene places you'll ever be ever." He sat back and turned on the radio.

"I hope so."

“Me too, my mom used to take me there when I was little. I’d be like…five or six and she would surprise me sometimes. Pack up a lunch and load me into the car.”

“So, it’s special to you?” He asked. I nodded with a smile.

“Yeah, yeah it is. It’s one of the places that makes me happy to remember her.” He grabbed my hand and held it loosely.

“I know you told me about her vaguely. You told me she left but…you didn’t tell me anything else. You can trust me. You know that right?” I took a deep breath. I did trust him. I trusted him and it was like a weight off of my shoulders. I hadn’t spoken about her to anyone or how I had felt about it.

“Yeah, I know. I do trust you…” I said, taking a moment to collect my thoughts . I decided I wanted to…I needed to tell him. So that is what I did. I didn’t over think it, I just let the words come out the way they were in my head.

“Growing up with my mom and dad was f*****g hard.” I exclaimed, slightly exasperated as the words finally left my mouth after so many years. “They didn’t love each other you know? You can tell when two people love each other. They talk, they touch, they eat together. And you can tell when two people don’t have anything in common and simply live under the same roof. That was how it was with them and I always felt in the middle of it. My dad went to school most of the time and then his residency, he was never around much. My mom resented him for that…” He gave me a sympathetic look.

“You felt responsible for them not liking each other?” He asked.

“Yeah, I did. And also, I felt like neither of them wanted me. They loved me I guess and they supported me. They gave me everything I needed but emotionally, mentally, I was forced to raise myself. I don’t know…my dad was always too busy for me and my mom never seemed like she wanted me around. Like, I was always interrupting her life. I’m pretty sure they didn’t plan me or even want me. The only times in my life that my mom ever took an interest in me was when she was taking me to this place to share her meditation with her. She was hell bent on raising me like her. She wanted to live in the f*****g trees like Tarzan and Jane for Christ’s sake. I honestly don’t even know why she was with my dad or why they even had me. They hated each other because they were polar opposites. Then, when I turned thirteen and she realized I wasn’t like her and didn’t want to be like her…I guess she had enough and just left.” I hadn’t told anyone how I had felt. I kept it all bottled inside. No one ever asked me, so I never felt like I had the chance to say anything. Then MiKey came along and he held my hand and told me I could trust him, so I did. As the tears fell, I felt like I had been freed from a cage I had locked myself in my whole life.

“It wasn’t your fault.” He said and wiped the single tear that had fallen down my cheek.

“I don’t know…” I said, squeezing his hand and trying to force the rest of the tears back so I could drive properly.

“No, Angel, it wasn’t your fault. It wasn’t your fault that your mom and dad weren’t compatible. It wasn’t your fault that they decided to be parents even though they couldn’t take care of their relationship. It wasn’t your fault that you couldn’t be like your mom, it’s just not who you are. And it wasn’t your fault she left. That was her choice and hers only.” I nodded some. He was right. I had blamed it on myself all of this time but it wasn’t really my fault.

“I guess you are right.” I said.

“I am. I know I am because I felt the same way you do right now. I’ve felt that before. I hated myself for the longest time, you know that? I believed it was my fault that my mom was dead. Maybe if I had just helped her with the things they made her do, then maybe she wouldn’t have gotten sick. Maybe she would have lived. But I was just a kid. No matter how much laundry I would have carried for her, no matter how much sweeping I would have done for her, it wouldn’t have stopped her from getting sick. It’s not my fault she died and it’s not your fault that your mom left you.” I felt silly all of the sudden. I was so torn up because my parents didn’t love each other but MiKey’s mom was dead. She loved him and he loved her and she was dead. He was moved as child, he lives with someone that doesn’t even deserve to have him, and he gets hit for nothing.  I felt ridiculous thinking for even one second that I had it bad.

“I’m sorry.” I said. He looked at me, confused.

“You’re sorry?”

“Yeah, I’m sorry that I’m just some whiny rich boy who thinks his life was so horrible. God, I live in a f*****g huge house with a forty thousand dollar car. What do I have to complain about?” I said.

“Don’t do that. Don’t trivialize your feelings like that. Just because you have stuff, doesn’t mean you’re feelings aren’t real okay?” I still felt selfish even though he was trying to reassure me. I just let it go.

“Okay.” I said and gave him a smile.

“Yeah?”

“Yeah. Thanks for listening to me. You don’t know how much it means.” He leaned over and kissed my cheek.

------

 

About an hour into the ride he was fidgeting and became so restless that I had to say something. I looked over at him.

"You wanna stop or something, get out and stretch?" He nodded.

"Why are you so restless?" He looked at me then looked away. He wouldn't stop tapping his feet against the floorboard and it was getting on my last nerve. "Could you stop tapping your feet?"

"Sorry." He immediately stopped and I felt bad. "For some reason it is hard for me sit still for long periods of times." I nodded. “Well, we’ll stop and you do jumping jacks or something.” He laughed, his dimple showing and his brown eyes sparkling. He was so god damn adorable.

“You’re so cute.” I said to him and he blushed.

“Whatever.” He said and I reached up to run my fingers through his hair some, feeling the silkiness and loving it.

“You are.”

“You’re sweet.”

"Yeah well, what are gonna do? That's just who I am…" He laughed again and ruffled my hair as we pulled into this little old, rundown gas station.

"God I hope they have unleaded. It doesn't look like they have s**t here." I mumbled to myself. When I stopped the car MiKey jumped out.

"You want something?" He shrugged. "Well you wouldn't mind paying for the gas would you?" He shook his head.

"Nah sure." I handed him a hundred. He looked at me like I was crazy.

"It's gonna take at least 60 to fill up the gas tank.”

"Y-yeah." He ran inside and then disappeared behind the door.

MiKey had bought more water and for us and some gummy worms. I laughed as he plopped down in his seat, a gummy worm hanging from his mouth.

"Do you really think that you need any sugar?" He shrugged. I kicked the car into gear and spun out of the gravely pavement the reaction sending vibrations through the car.

After we were down the road a bit, he handed me the money that was left over. I glanced at the clock. We still had about another 45 minutes on the road.  He popped in a CD. I didn't get time to glance at it before it was in the player. I did glance over when he turned it to track three and snow patrol started playing. I was surprised to see that he pick it. Hearing it after so long made me remember why I loved it so much. I glance at MiKey who was singing along softly.

"I don't quite know,

How to say,

How I feel…

Those three words,

Are said too much,

They’re not enough…"

I suddenly understood why MiKey didn't want me to say it, say those three words, and just that fact made me respect him on a whole new level. I looked at him and he looked back still singing along and smiled at me. I looked back at the road to keep him from seeing the blush on my face…

 

------

 

Soon, I had turned onto the gravel road that led to where I wanted to go. MiKey had been asking me questions and we chatted aimlessly about the music we did and didn’t like. When we reached the end I turned off the car and glanced at MiKey. He seemed so absorbed in the case and all the CD's that he didn't realize the car had even stopped.

"We're here." He jumped, startled. Then he closed the case in a hurry and jumped out of the car. I laughed. I threw my keys in the console and jumped out. I looked out at my surroundings and they seemed exactly the same since the last time I had been there.

My mom had taken me the day before she had left and the place still had that same positive, aura to it. I took in a deep breath of the fresh air, the smell of pine and flowers mixing together in a beautiful way. It was just becoming spring and it was warm. The sun beating down on me filled my whole body with warmth that you could never achieve with just simple heat. I slowly opened my eyes against the harshly bright sun and looked out over the little pond. It was a clean little body of water, good for swimming in. The water was crystal clear and you could see right down to the bottom. I stretched and lifted my arms above my head in a lazy motion.

Then, all the sudden, I felt a heavy weight slam into my side and before I knew it I had hit the ground with an ’oomph.' It didn't take long to register MiKey was on top of me laughing. He kissed my mouth slightly then jumped up and ran away. I hopped to my feet and took off after him at full speed.

"You little b*****d, I will get you for that. I mean it." I heard him laugh as he ran around a picnic table. I stopped on the other side of it, my breath just as labored as his.

"Come get me, I dare you to try!" His eyes had a look of challenge and mischief to them. I went to move to one side and he moved to other. That happened a few times before I just decided to jump over the table and I almost had him by the sleeve. He ran just quick enough to be out of my reach. I laughed as he ran over to the edge of the pond. The grass was thick and lush. The park it's self wasn't very big at all, maybe the size of a small field.

MiKey ran to the edge of the pond and then continued to run the perimeter of it, I was laughing and running as fast as I possibly could. I finally caught up with him and tackled him to the ground. He hit with an oomph and was laughing so hard, he couldn't catch his breath. I was no exception.

"I told you I'd get ya. I run a lot, you can't out run me." He giggled as I pinned him to the green grass. His plain white t-shirt popped in comparison to the dark grass. I held my weight above him and he wrapped his tail around my waist.

"MiKey…God, why do you do this to me?" I softly pushed the hair from his forehead and kissed it.

"Do what?" His eyes were closed like he was trying to just enjoying my embrace, a smile still ghosting his lips.

"I don't know. Make me feel this way. Make me have all these feelings I've never had before. You make me feel so good." He opened his eyes and they nearly stole the breath right out of me. He had the fiercest, most beautiful brown eyes I had ever seen in my life. They sparkled and glowed.

"I don't know either, but you make me feel the same way." I kissed him. My mouth pressing against his in a soft manner, nothing rushed, nothing hard, just a kiss. The contact sent shivers through my body. My whole being just warmed up when his skin made contact with mine. I felt like falling on him to get as close as possible. Yet oddly the lips to lips, skin to skin contact was enough to make me feel satisfied. When I pulled back he ran his hand through my hair.

"What do you wanna do with your life?" His words were a shock to me.

"What?" He rolled me over to where I was on my back on the ground and he was on his back right next to me, his head on my shoulder.

"You heard me. What do you wanna do with your life?" I shrugged.

"Like a career?"

"Career, family, place, anything." I pulled him closer to me.

"I don't know. I wanna do something useful you know. I've kinda wanted to be a cop you know? As for where at, I couldn't tell you. Why, what do you want to do?" He shrugged.

"I don't know. Anything that involves you…" My heart felt like it was going to explode.

"Really?" He leaned up on his elbows to look me in the eyes.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" I shrugged.

"I don't know, I guess I just kinda thought that after you get out of here you'd wanna leave. Go far away." He gave me a look that said "are you stupid?"

"I just wanna be with you, if that is okay with you…"

"Is it okay with me? Of course it is. God, yeah…I just didn’t know if that’s what you wanted.” He smiled.

"I do.” I nodded.

"Yeah? I just thought that maybe after this you'd wanna move on and find someone better for you." His smile fell almost in a millisecond.

"What does that mean? There is no one better for me than you. You get me, I’m comfortable with you, I feel like I can tell you anything, and we are good for each other.”

"You don't even know how much it means to me to hear you say that."

"I mean it. It’s true." I nodded and kissed him again, and then we settled back down into the grass.

A few minutes passed in comfortable silence. Then I spoke into the quiet.

"Hey MiKey, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure." He looked up at me.

"Wh-What…um…What do you like think about…sex?" At first he shrugged and didn't say anything.

"Like, what do you mean?"

"I don't know, um, I haven't like ever had true sex. Any that I enjoyed anyway and I-I don't really know. I mean like, I've thought about it a couple times. Thought about what it would be like my real first time. A-and I don't know if like you would even wanna do that with me, like right away." He shrugged.

"I don't know. I've thought about it. I know I want to with you.” The butterflies in my stomach fluttered at his words.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Of course. I wanna share something that deep with you, I-I just don't think that I'm really ready to do it now…I don't know." I nodded.

"Yeah, I know. Not now, but sometime. I just wanted to know what you thought about the whole situation." He curled into my side and smiled.

"I think that when it happens, it'll be awesome, because we'll both be ready and it will really mean something."

 

------

 

We had just lay in the grass and talked for the whole day. We ate at one point and then threw each other into the pond a couple of times. Our clothes were soaking wet, so we ran around a little and tried to get them dried out. Then we lay back out on the vast patch of green and just enjoyed being in each other’s presence. With MiKey, it didn't take much to please me. I could just be laying next him and that would be enough for me. Just knowing he is safe and happy was enough.

By the time it was starting to get dark, he fell asleep as we watched the sky fade into darkness. I looked at him, his eyes closed and his face completely relaxed. He looked beautiful.

I stood up silently and walked over to the car. I opened MiKey's door and reclined the seat back. I jogged back over to him and bent down to pick him up. He was a lot heavier than he looked, but I was still able to pick him up. I hooked my arm under his knees and the other behind his head and slowly hefted him up. Once I was standing, he seemed a lot lighter. He subconsciously wrapped his arms around my neck. He clung to me still out cold. When MiKey slept, he slept heavily.

When I got to the car, I lowered him into the reclined seat softly. He didn't even move as I shut his door, shut mine, and turned on the car. I watched for a moment as his chest rose and fell in soft breaths, carefully timed. I pulled out onto the road and started the long drive home.

Without any stops, it only took about an hour and a half to get there. When I pulled into the driveway, I pulled into the garage and unlocked the back door. I brought all the stuff in and then went back out to the car. I leaned over my seat and gave him a small kiss on the cheek.

"MiKey." I shook him a little. He stirred and then rubbed his eyes to adjust to the light coming from the garage.

"Huh, yeah? How did I get here?" I smiled.

"Well, you fell asleep and I carried you to the car. We're here." He sat up and rubbed his eyes again.

"You carried me?" I backed out of the car.

"Yeah, you're a lot heavier then you look." He smiled and got out too. We closed our doors simultaneously.

"Sorry." I shrugged.

"Don't worry about it." We walked up to my room and shed our clothes down to our boxers and crawled into the clean bed sheets. MiKey fell back asleep not to long after we crawled in and then I followed.

 

------

 

I again woke to the sound of my phone ringing, only this time; it wasn't in the middle of the night. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was ten in the morning. I was surprised to see that MiKey was awake and sitting on the window sill looking outside. It looked like a beautiful day. When he saw that I was awake, he smiled at me. I smiled back then it registered again, that my phone was ringing. I reached over on the bedside table and grabbed it before putting the thing to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey Angel." It was Candy. I sighed.

"Yeah?"

"I just wanted to say that I was sorry for the way that I acted the other day. I didn't mean to call you at the break of dawn; I was just wasted and really upset.” I glanced at MiKey and he looked away.

"Yeah, sure." She sounded like she was crying and I had a moment where I thought should feel bad. I didn’t though, because I knew she didn’t really care about me.

"I just miss you. You haven't spoken to me in forever and you seem like you hate me. Why do you hate me?"

"I don't hate you.  I just needed some time okay. I was a little busy, my dad has been home." Any person who wasn't blind could see that it wasn't that at all but she was blind.

"Well…well, I miss you. I want to see you." I nodded to myself for a brief moment before realizing once again that when you’re on the f*****g phone, the other person can’t see you nod. I wanted to tell her to f**k off. I don’t love you and I’m with someone else. I wanted to tell her to just buck the f**k up and go find someone else to mooch off of.

"Yeah, yeah sure. When?" She sniffled and with that I could tell that she was trying to cry on purpose.

"Uh today, maybe. Come pick me up at eight? Maybe you can take to the mall to get some clothes or something?" I sighed, it always came down to me buying her something.

"Fine whatever."

"See you eight!" She giggled before hanging up.

I shut my phone and ran my hand through my wavy, short hair. Then I sat up. MiKey looked at me again.

"Candy?" I nodded.

"Yeah and I told her I'd take her out tonight at eight." He nodded and turned away. "MiKey I'm sorry. I'm sorry it has to be this way. I wanna be with you with no worries. God, you don't even know how much. But, I have to. And if I don't take her out then she is gonna start asking questions and that is the last thing I want. I’ve been avoiding her for nearly two months. I can’t anymore or she will start snooping." He nodded again, still looking away. Then I saw the tear slip down his cheek and became frustrated, not at him but at myself and my life. Frustrated with my dad and everyone else who complicated it.  I hated that I had made him cry, I hated that it was always my fault and my own stupidity. I hated that I could prevent it, but I didn't.

"MiKey please don't. Don't cry." He took a deep breath and I could hear it crack at the end.

"I'm sorry, I just…never mind." Another one slipped past, he squeezed his eyes shut and rubbed them.

"F**k." It was just a small whisper to my ears.

"MiKey, I'm sorry." I walked over to him and hugged him to me.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, but I have to do this. I have to, I don' t want to. It's the last thing I want, but I have to." I raked my hand through his silky smooth hair.

"I know. Yeah, I-I…know."

When you don't want something to happen, it comes in the blink of an eye. But, if you do want something, the day seems to drag on and on. Well, it didn't drag on, eight came faster than I expected it too.



© 2013 Amanda Eckhoff


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on May 24, 2013
Last Updated on June 12, 2013
Tags: chapter seven, cigarettes and pepsi, story, beginning, introduction, boys, gay, romance, hybrid, abuse, violence


Author

Amanda Eckhoff
Amanda Eckhoff

MO



About
I love writing about things out of the ordinary. In my writing I love to explore human sexuality, relationships, and human struggles. Most of my writings involve gay main characters but are not limite.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Amanda Eckhoff