single doses

single doses

A Chapter by Pax
"

the main quote in the excessivenes of human nature...

"

 

Everything in Excess is poisonous

addiction starts off in single doses

until completely indulging…



© 2013 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
i guess this will be main point of the mini booklet of mine...
here is a link: Excessiveness of Human Nature
hope you like it..

I may be wrong or not...it depends on how you understand...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mia
I completely agree with you! However, addiction is not always a bad thing. I’m addicted to love…I have to have it, all the time and I have to give it all the time. Addiction has such a negative connotation and it’s understandable. Many people have suffered as a result of some addiction. I refuse to see it as a negative, the only addiction I want in my life is the good kind :D
Thanks for sharing my friend.


Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

typo again *point*
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Mia

11 Years Ago

I see what you're saying and reading Caradoc's review made me see your perspective better. Too much .. read more



Reviews

I would completely agree with this, that everything in excess is poisonous . . . even love, even writing . . . It's great how this isn't just the obvious context of drugs or alcohol, it goes past that. Love it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

thanks my friend...its indeed and pleasure to have you around...
so true.. lol repetetive of me much?? I can't help it.. it's so true.. lol

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

hahaha...i like your humor... very much says the lively you...
thank you!!!
A well balanced perspective I say...
Too much of a good thing is a bad thing, or indeed, too much of a bad thing is a bad thing lol
Pinnacle!
You push it :)
xox

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

hahaha...yes it is... thanks my friend...
Totally agree with you on this one!


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

thank you kelsey...:)
True. What you wrote is entirely broad and let's your reader run free for it is easily relatable. More often than not I'm guessing your reader would have some kind of reflection and FIND that addiction they've always been carrying. Addiction towards something that eventually forms their story.

It made me remember a few choice memories. So thank you for writing this :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

:)
~i guess we all have something that we are addicted about... it's just a matter on how mode.. read more
Katherine Enma Pineapple

11 Years Ago

You're welcome :D

Some things for some people sometimes they really can't avoid :)
As a man who has had addictions here and there throughout life I can say there is truth here. For me though as fun as some things are they lose their appeal soon and i drop them in pursuit of something new

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

thank you mr. Tate...its a pleasure hearing your honesty and thoughts about the matter...
Very true my dear friend, wow, again here, the power of balance, how interesting balance and need for balance flows always through our minds... it has to do with us being to romantic and all or nothing persons... great work, to ponder too. Beautifully done.

I loved every word.

E.L.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

11 Years Ago

Wow, that is awesome. I like it how we get inspired through eachother sometimes, many writes of you .. read more
Pax

11 Years Ago

writers inspires each others that's reality and a truthful fact...

11 Years Ago

:) makes me happy.
addiction, the bad kind, i've had expierience with it. i myself, was not addicted, but i lived with an addict. In fact, I am in the midst of dealing with one now! these 14 simple, yet powerful, words explain it all. It is very well said, and oh so true.

For the people who have had the priviledge to never have to cope with an addict, this poem describes it better than any poem i've ever read.

And I don't know if you did this on purpose, but the format, and font, and colour, for some reason seem to fit the poem perfectly. And although Mia is right, not all addiction is "bad" I do not think any addiction is "good" either. I say this because even if you are addicted to something that could harm you personally, you (as the addict) could end up being the one inflicting the pain onto another.

For example, if you are addicted to say, love, as Mia is. You may be so addicted to love that you may have more than one "lover." This could end up hurting both of your "lovers" because you needed love so badly you could set one free, and let the other one find love that is meant for him/her only.

This could also end up harming you, because depending on how involved you are with BOTH "lovers" the matter could be taken to court. And in court, let's say, you are keeping secret yet another "lover" you had all because you were so addicted to love that while your other two lovers fought you fell in love with yet another.

Do you see how this can spiral out of control. So, in my belief I do not think any sort of "addiction" is "good" or "bad". Because your "addiction" may hurt (if not you) others, and end up in the end, backfiring. Hurting you, no matter what.

As you can see, your wonderful, yet simple, and elegant poem has set my mind along a track of thought. A whole new train of thought "choo chooing" along it's tracks. And it also seems to relate to more thank one. Me- who has experience with "bad" addictions. And Mia- who has experience with what he believes to be "good" addiction.

Very well written my friend, as usual, your poem has struck many ideas into my mind. Thank you for writing this elegant piece.

-Jackie Hart

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

I feel speechless with your views and honesty my friend...thank you so much...and i understand your .. read more
Kerri Hart

11 Years Ago

yea... I have that effect on many people...
ahhh i c... understandable
no problem, than.. read more
I think you are absolutely correct! Anything can be the source of addiction and it all starts with that single dose! The trick is knowing where the "indulgent line" begins!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

yes i agree...thank you my friend...
Addictions that affect you in a negative way... for sure. Just one hit... and then you can't stop. Great piece! I love it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

thank you my friend...:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1328 Views
46 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 15, 2012
Last Updated on February 12, 2013


Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


RAPE RAPE

A Poem by Frieda P