the awakening

the awakening

A Chapter by ZmH

   When i walked to the border of the camp the many warriors and leaders stared at me in wonder. They were all formed in the "circle of death". Within the circle was Aureilla. even in death she was amazingly beautiful, like no being ive ever seen. Her death had been expected for her transformation to conclude. As an elder the decision was a brisk one, because often life is only given once. To be fortunate enough to experience the beauty of life twice is truly a gift. I crossed the border line and there was no turning back now. My decision was made, the forture is in my hands, life is in my hands.

 

  When i got closer to Aureilla's cold body the warm hearted damon stood by her. His mystic purple eyes held tears like ive never seen before. Sweet tears of scarlette cascaded down his face and carassed the strength of his cheek bones. His eyes were purple hazed with blue. He was no longer a threat, no longer on the border, he was one of us. His heart beat steadied and his eyes turned lilac his skin no longer posessed a devilish glow. I had heard of love changing the world but i had never seen an example of it. Hope bloomed among the people i could see it in their eyes they knew the day would come. when not another demon shall be slain, not a sword shall be drawn, and not a war shall be faught. That day was not today nor as it tomorrow, but for the future brighter days shall come.

 

  When my thoughts broke and i finally regained my state of mind i took my hands and placed them on Aureillas head. The coldness of her blood made my stomach flip flop and sent shivers down my spine. Ive never felt a person so cold and lifeless. My mouth moved in rythmic motion words flowed quickly and smoothly almost blurring together. an irredescent glow flowed over her body her skin though pale began to shine with the slightest bit of color. Her lips regained their coral tint and her cheeks were again flushed. her heart began to beat once again. Her eyes slowly fluttered open to reveal the deepest of reds. Alarm was among the people who could see her crimson eyes. She shrieked a high pitched sound and blood drained from her eyes leaving a crystal clear blue. The blue of her eyes was so pure, and beautiful. Now there was no denying that she was not human. She gracefully sung her legs to the right and swiftly placed her feet on the ground. She looked through the crowd, met damens gaze then swept the crowd in the other direction. Her memory of him was gone. That was what she had sacraficed, her love and compassion. I couldnt help but stare at the ground, wondering what had i done? The future will change from her living. The past will no longer matter. I could smell defeat heavy in the air. I could hear the arrow rustle the leaves of the trees and lunge toward her. She lifted her hand and the arrow stopped, leaving everyone breathless. What had happened to the almost ordinary girl?



© 2010 ZmH


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on April 24, 2010
Last Updated on July 21, 2010


Author

ZmH
ZmH

About
life is full of deception and loss take it one step at a time. look to the future not the past. these are things i live by, rules i follow. my name is zoe. im 16 and i love writing. Its one of the on.. more..

Writing
; ;

A Poem by ZmH


Storm cloud Storm cloud

A Poem by ZmH