Crimson - Scene 9

Crimson - Scene 9

A Chapter by ApKWrites

       Unknown Location - UK


Flint has been in his office most of the morning, reviewing reports and waiting for updates on the mind controlling freak. He’s gone through all of last night’s reports at least twice but could not find anything helpful. His mind wonders in deep thought while his dark, empty eyes stare at the pages on his desk hopelessly. He barely had any sleep all night, afterall, how could he relax enough to sleep when that dangerous creature is out there free and God only knows who else she might have attacked last night. Someone like that could bring down an army. If she honed her power enough to bring a whole tube station to a standstill, then no one knows what she’s capable of and the thought brings shivers down Flint’s spine.


The knock on his office door snaps him out of his deep thoughts.


“Yes!” he shouts


The agent nervously walks in the office holding a file.


“Sir, we’ve identified the girl and we spotted her taking the tube from Oval just now” he says without daring to look up at him.


Flint stands up in excitement, grabs his gun from the desk drawer and walks out of the room with the agent following.


“Her name’s Charlotte White, twenty-five years old and her last known address was in South London. That’s how we spotted her and she seems to be heading East” the agent continues.


“Great! I want a team ready at her destination” Flint orders and the agent nods “Has my son arrived yet?” he asks while walking towards the exit door.


“A team was sent to escort his from your house, sir. They should be here any minute now.” The agent answers in a tremulous voice. “Sir, we have also sent a team to retrieve the twins from …from agent Graham’s wife. She tried to sneak out with them but we stopped her. She didn’t make it.”


“Good!” Flint replies “One less to worry about. Have you sent for Jackson’s and Jasper’s?” he asks harshly as if expecting a negative response.


“Agent Jasper brought his daughter in himself about an hour ago. A team was sent to agent Jackson’s place but we had no updates yet, sir.”


Flint walks out the door, towards a car that’s been waiting for him. He stops right next to the driver’s door and lets the driver come out so he can take his place and then turns towards the agent.


“Good! Let me know as soon as they bring all the children in. In the meantime, arrange for my son to meet the team at Miss White’s destination. I think it’s time we test our weapons” he smiles


“Yes, sir! Right away.” The agent responds and shuts the car’s door after Flint steps in.


“Let them know I’ll be meeting them there.” Flint says, turns the engine on and drives away.



© 2015 ApKWrites


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice one :-) Not much to criticize, only this confused me a bit: "...her last known address was in South London. That’s how we spotted her..." How did living in South London lead to her discovery? I guess it's not that important at this point, just tripped me up for a second.

Posted 8 Years Ago


ApKWrites

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the review;)
Her last known address is still the current one in Oval so the fir.. read more
Kaliope

8 Years Ago

Ah, okay. Thanks for clarifying that :-)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 27, 2015
Last Updated on September 27, 2015
Tags: #Crimson, #ApKWrites, #AugustFlint


Author

ApKWrites
ApKWrites

London, United Kingdom



About
Stories popped in my mind since I was a child. Sometimes short, brief passages, sometimes just ideas of an event and some other times a full length scenario, so I started noting them down bit by bit... more..

Writing