Crimson - Scene 12

Crimson - Scene 12

A Chapter by ApKWrites

        Liverpool Street Station �" Central London

“Sir, your son is here” the agent standing outside the white van, that Flint is in, says.

“Good, bring him here” he replies and opens the door to step outside the vehicle.

He walks to the rear door of the van and opens it to reveal two other agents staring at four monitors.

“Is she getting off here or shall we move on to the next station?” he asks in a annoyance

“She’s reaching the station now, sir. Her companion just stood up so we assume this is their destination” one of them replies

“Good! Prepare the team.” He orders “I want them lured away from the crowd �" No civilian witnesses. Is that clear?” he insists and they all respond in one voice

“Yes, sir!”

He, then, turns around to face the young man standing behind him and a dark, empty smile widens on his wrinkled face.

“Hello, dad” the young man says “Your annoying slaves here said you needed my help?” he asks in a sarcastic tone.

Flint puts an arm around his son’s shoulders and escorts him to the front of the car.

“Yes” he responds with a smile “I’ve got a target and she’s quite dangerous. She’ll come out of this station any minute now.”

“And you want her neutralised” his son finishes

“Yes, I do. Do you think you can handle her Josh?”

“I’m seventeen, dad!” he blurts “You don’t need to treat me like a child anymore. I’ll take that disgusting freak down for you like you taught me… Just stop treating me like a child and take you dogs off my back, will you?” he says sarcastically “This is my final test, I guess, huh?” he laughs and his father nods.

They both sit in silence, waiting for their target and it’s not long before Josh spots her.

“She’s here, I can feel her!” he says, breaking the silence “and she’s brought friends”

“Can you take care of them?” Flint asks only to get a sharp, angry look from his son as a response.

“It’s done. They are all yours now dad.” Josh giggles.

Flint rolls down his window and nods at the agent standing outside to approach. The agent walks to the window and stands there, lifts his arm and talks to the small device attached to his wrist.

“All teams ready…Proceed as planned” he says and inside the station a team is waiting for Charlie to walk past the station barriers before they block them and when she walks towards the exit, the same team signals two people in civilian clothes to follow her.

Flint turns back to his son and gently touches him on the shoulder.

“The team will drive them away from the crowd” he says “I need to follow”

“Don’t worry dad. I’ve got this” Josh reassures him

“Sir, the target is leaving the station as planned” the agent interrupts

Flint opens the door, steps outside and then shuts it, leaving his son inside. He turns back to face him as if asking if he’s sure he can handle it �" Josh winks at him with a smile �" and Flint walks away with the agent, following their target into London’s alleys.



© 2015 ApKWrites


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice one. The father-son conflict was a bit too blatant for my taste, I think a bit more subtlety might make it stronger, but that's just my opinion :-)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 5, 2015
Last Updated on October 5, 2015
Tags: #Crimson, #ApKWrites, #AugustFlint, #JoshFlint


Author

ApKWrites
ApKWrites

London, United Kingdom



About
Stories popped in my mind since I was a child. Sometimes short, brief passages, sometimes just ideas of an event and some other times a full length scenario, so I started noting them down bit by bit... more..

Writing