Crimson - Scene 4

Crimson - Scene 4

A Chapter by ApKWrites

Liverpool Street, Central London

 

“Did you read all these?” she asks, glazing at the massive bookshelf in Richard’s living room.


“Not all of them…most, but I’m….I’m working on it” he smiles and walks into the kitchen to finish the tea. “I’m sorry I snapped at you yesterday. I didn’t mean to be rude” he shouts from the kitchen while she goes through the hundreds of books.


“It’s fine! You were confused. Are you feeling better today?” she replies


He walks into the room holding the tray with the tea “I’m Richard, by the way…We never introduced!” he pulls a stool with his leg and rests the tray on it. “I’m sorry I don’t have any biscuits or cupcakes. I don’t have people visiting often” he smiles and sits down.


“My name’s Christina, but my friends call me Tee” she puts the books back and joins him on the couch. “So, you don’t have any friends?” she smiles before she realises she should not have asked

“I…am sorry, I didn’t mean to…”she lowers her head.


“That’s ok” he laughs “No, I don’t have any friends. My friends thought I was a freak and they stopped coming round” he pours the tea and hands her a cup.


“Those were not friends then” she takes a sip of her tea “My mom always says that a real friend will never leave you because you are different. A real friend will understand you and accept you the way you are”


“Your mom is right” he pauses for a minute to think, unsure whether he should mention his visions or not " and then he decides to come out with it. “So, was it your mom that got hit by the stone?” he asks and there’s silence for a moment.


She stares at him wondering how he came to know about the stone and even she doesn’t know why she didn’t get up and run. Instead, she tries to speak “H….how did you know? Who are you?”


“Please, don’t freak out. I saw it yesterday...when you touched me at the station! It’s a curse..” his voice softens


“That’s why you didn’t want me to touch you! You are a seer…” she pauses for a minute to think and then she asks “When did your visions start?”


“A couple of years ago…I can’t touch anyone without having them. Please, do you know if there’s a cure?” his voice sounds brittle, his heart racing and he keeps wishing that she will save him and show him how to get rid of his curse but that is not what comes out of her mouth.


“A cure?” she laughs “You are not sick; you are just different” she smiles, moves closer to him on the couch and reaches out to touch him but he pulls back frightened. “Don’t be afraid” she assures him “You won’t hurt me. I can help you control your visions but you have to be willing to do it”

Richard gets closer and takes her hand. There’s a sharp pain, images start floating in his head.


Flashback " Empty room


A suited guy standing tall on top of Tee while she’s lying on the cold floor beaten up, covered in blood. He kicks her and then pulls his gun out and aims….


 Richard suddenly pulls his hand back, accidentally pushing the stool and spilling the tea on the floor.


“What’s wrong? What did you see?” she mutters


“A tall guy, dressed in a suit. He had you in a room….I don’t want to touch you again” he says and stands up, moving away from her.


“What did that guy do?” Tee insists


“Nothing good” he replies while he picks the cups from the floor “I don’t want to talk about it”

Tee gets up and tries to help but he pulls back, keeping distance between them. “Look, it’s getting too late…” he says and carries the tray in the kitchen and when he returns she is standing by the door ready to leave.


She opens the door but before she walks out she turns around “Listen, if you want me to help you, meet me outside the station tomorrow at noon and I’ll show you what I can do, ok?” 

She walks out, shuts the door behind her and walks down the street worrying about everything that Richard might have seen and hopes he meets her tomorrow so she can get more answers.



© 2015 ApKWrites


Author's Note

ApKWrites
This is a story I kept working in my head for years and finally decided to put it on paper. It's supposed to be written in short "scenes" which will complete in "chapters" and when those chapters are put together will eventually form a full story. It's o experimental stage and this is just a draft of the fourth scene....

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good sequel to the first scene, pacing, dialog... all nicely done. I'm hooked and eager for more!

Just "...while she's laying on the cold floor.." - shouldn't that be "lying"?

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ApKWrites

8 Years Ago

Good observation:) Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

407 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 21, 2015
Last Updated on August 15, 2015
Tags: #Crimson, #ApKWrites, #Tee, #Richard


Author

ApKWrites
ApKWrites

London, United Kingdom



About
Stories popped in my mind since I was a child. Sometimes short, brief passages, sometimes just ideas of an event and some other times a full length scenario, so I started noting them down bit by bit... more..

Writing