Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Demka Ekaterina Belikov

Chapter Ten

.::♫&♥::.

 

 

“Vi sitter här i Venten och spelar lite DotA!” Dennis and Brian sang along to the Basshunter song playing in Dennis’ car (which was actually James’, but he could drive it since his brother was in Argentina after all.), fist pumping the air, the music on full blast as we drove to What-A-Burger. Andrew sat in the back with me, while he was tapping the beat on the car door arm rest, I sang along, just not as loudly.

 

We got out of the car when we arrived. I had just noticed that it was extremely hot outside. I only noticed this fact since I was wearing a jacket, though ironically, I was wearing cargo-boy shorts. All four of us entered the restaurant, laughing at a joke Brian told. We got in line, and I began to fan myself, it wasn’t too cool in the fast-food joint either, just as if they decided to use the heater and not the air-conditioner. Brian looked at me with a raised eyebrow and pinched at my panda hoodie, “Caitlyn, Why are you wearing your furry suit?”

 

“It’s not a furry suit,” I corrected him, even though the hood did have little black panda ears on it’s hood and even resembled the large Asian bear, “it’s a hoodie!”

 

“Okay, fine,” my brother rolled his eyes, “but why are you wearing it?” He questioned pointing up, “It’s like a hundred degrees in here!”

 

I gulped quietly, they were getting suspicious. “I’m fine, bro. Really…”

 

Andrew turned to me, “I don’t want you to get heat exhaustion, Caitlyn.” I looked at him with a slightly confused eyes. He looked sincere and worried. I don’t know what came over me, but I instantly took off my hoodie. I felt the pain in my arms as I lifted my arms into the air, but the jacket came off with little resistance, then Dennis slapped his forehead quietly.

 

“You’re also wearing a long sleeved shirt…” He shook his head with a smile, “You silly goose.” I looked down to noticed I had on my white long sleeved shirt with the v-neck, and the random pink and black designs all over it. I had a small smile on my face because I was relieved…

 

We sat at a table and waited for our food. Laughing, talking having fun. Then I look at the door to see someone walking in to the orange burger place. I gasped to myself and looked away, hiding my face behind my hair. Please, I thought to myself, not here, anything but here…

 

Andrew looked at me, “Caitlyn,” this caused me to jump, “are you okay?”

 

“Fine,” I whispered, “perfectly fine.” I brushed the hair in my face with my fingers, still trying to hide. Please, just please don’t notice me. Andrew looked at me; I knew he knew what was going through my head, sometimes better than myself. He looked around, I held on to his arm, “Please don’t Andrew… It’s nothing, really, I swear!”

 

Our food came then, making us forget what we were doing or worrying about. Smiling again, I picked out which burger was mine, but out of a force of habit, I rolled up my sleeves. Brian nearly choked on his Coke, “Holy crap, Caitlyn!” he took my arm, causing me to flinch inwardly from the sensitivity. “What the hell did you do?” by this time, people around us were looking, including him.

 

“Nothing,” I whispered, exasperated, “I fell on a cord plug in history! I swear to God!”

 

“But Caitlyn,” Andrew look at my matching injury, “There’s another bandage on this other arm…”

 

I gulped quietly and felt my heart racing. I closed my eyes hoping for a miracle, when a voice from the opposite booth said, “She fell again, on the same cord too.” I opened my eyes to see myself looking directly at the hunter looking at his prey. Jon Rodriquez.

 

“Really?” Brian looked at me, then laughed as he let my arm go, “Caitlyn, you’re such a klutz.” I smiled, but didn’t respond with anything but a chuckle. Jon smiled at me, lifting an eyebrow. To others, it could have said “you’re welcome,” but only I knew it’s true meaning.

 

You’re in trouble now, Caitlyn Moraine Reed…

 

After we finished eating, we got up and headed out the door. My heart was still racing as fast as a rabbit’s heart. Just as we got to Dennis’ car, I heard his voice shouting to me, “Hey babe, don’t cha want to come back with me?” I looked over my shoulder. It was said like a question, but something told me that I had no choice in the matter, as if it was a command. I looked over to my friends, my eyes telling them “help me,” but they didn’t get it. So after what felt like an eternity, I sighed quietly, walking over to the black mustang. Jon was alone, leaning against the car, posing in his sexy stance. His mouth twisted into a grin, as he pulled at my waist, bringing me closer to him, and placing a kiss on my lips. Without kissing back, he opened the passenger door, allowing me to sit, and then slamming it shut. I could feel his anger. He entered on the driver’s side, slamming his door also, “Buckle up.”

 

He sped out of the parking lot, then he began to yell, “What the hell did I tell you yesterday? I told you to not hang out with those boys, ever!” I fell quiet, wanting to yell back that they were my friends, but the courage from my once flamboyant soul has bleed out of me, like the crimson life coming forth from my wounds. The only thing that fell forth was silent tears of fear and anticipated pain.

 

“I’m sorry,” was the only thing that I was able to whisper.

 

“No,” Jon said, “no you’re not.” He pointed to me, anger raising in his voice, “If you were sorry, you wouldn’t have done it again in the first place!”

 

I couldn’t even look at him, still crying, “What do you want from me then?”

 

He stopped hard at a stop sign, causing my seat belt to lock. He turned to me, as did I, rage swelling in his chocolate brown eyes, and fear swimming in my emerald ones. Jon lifted his hand and smacked me across the face. It stung and throbbed like the bat out of hell. “I want you to not get smart with me for one,” he pointed his index finger at me, “and second, if you know what’s good for you, you will never hang out with Andrew Thomas or his family ever again!”

 

Tears fell down my cheek, “No…” I whimpered incoherently.

 

“Do you understand me, Caitlyn? Do you!” and he slapped my face again, this time the other cheek. I nodded quietly, holding back my sobs. Jon sped off from the four-way stop, tires screeching in the process. “Good,” he muttered loud enough for me to hear, “good.” He turned up his radio, Marilyn Manson’s Beautiful People playing.

 

He pulled into the parking lot of the school, as I was about to get out of his car, he shouted, “Hey! You think you’re finished here?” I blinked and turned back to him. He smiled evilly, “Good girl,” and he pulled out the eraser. I gulped as he began to unravel my bandages, and then beginning to recite the colors of the rainbow…



© 2011 Demka Ekaterina Belikov


Author's Note

Demka Ekaterina Belikov
I would like to point out since this is the draft novel, major changes may occur... Such as James being in Argintina not Peru...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Write more chapters!! I gotta know what happens, haha.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Is this the end?

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 26, 2011
Last Updated on February 26, 2011


Author

Demka Ekaterina Belikov
Demka Ekaterina Belikov

Lubbock, TX



About
Privjet! I'm Demka! I love writing and hope that one day I'll be an author... Please read my stuff and enjoy ^_^ more..

Writing