Chapter 1: Moments of Goodbye

Chapter 1: Moments of Goodbye

A Chapter by Pax

a letter to my love ones

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you remember the time I stole your diary?

I remember the time I first found out about its context.
The love I never knew you have for my brother.
I was so jealous at first.
But as I read through each page down to the last one.
I've realized I have done a lot of things you got tired of.
My brother was always there when we have a huge fight.
It happened time to time in every pages of the diary.
The first few pages were great.
It showed affection in our first date.
I've read our first fight.
A misunderstanding that almost broke your heart.
But we coped up with the differences in our personalities.
Yet it is still the issue.
I therefore conclude that, I was the one.
The only one who broke your heart into tiny pieces!
And it was my brother who put it back each time I broke it again and again.
Now I see how you love him as much as I am.
Now I see how much you protected him from me.
Now I see how you would do anything for him.

It was my mistake.

My brother loves me so much that he said nothing.
He even said he doesn't love you just for my own sake of happiness.
From that you had been fighting me ever since, that I drive my brother away from us.
You've been avoiding me and his been avoiding you.
But still we've meet each others like civilized people.
I felt sick of the entire charade.
That I  felt like I was the main obstacle in this love story.
I don't want that anymore.
I love the two of you so much that I can't endure the pain you two carry.
That's why I decided to go get a job abroad.
So that the two of my beloved people will be happy.

I hope you will take care of my brother, my past love.
He's all I got left from our family that had passed away.
It's been the two of us since the tragic accident of our parents.
I'm so sorry for all the pain I cause.
Just remember me as the one who love you that had to go away.

And for you my beloved brother, I'm sorry also.
I know it's been hard.
You've been very obedient, kind and caring like I tough you so.
I don't want you to be unhappy in you life.
I felt your sadness when our parents died.
Now I felt you sorrow for just being kind.
I don't want that, I've manage yours and my life alone with little problems.
Mine alone will not be problem, so you don't have to worry about me.

It's hard to say goodbye.
Hoping that when I leave the country, this will set the both of you free.
Free to love each other.
I don't want the two of you to stop me.
It's my choice.
Getting it all out, feels great.
Felt relieved of all the pain and sorrow.
Free from the chains I've created.
I leave this house to the two of you.
This will be my future wedding gift.
I hope you two can work things right this time now that I'm not around.

Be happy guys..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the taxi drove out the gate, I've looked back to see something to hold on into.
I was happy and contented of what I've seen.
The two of them standing next to each other and eyeing themselves intently.
A kiss of passion broke their long silence.
That some memory to remember.

A smile broke free from my chained lips from far too long of pain.

Goodbye my good and bad memories.
I've learned a lot from you.
Now I can start all over again.
To start somewhere free to do anything I want to.
Living life to the fullest will not be impossible anymore.


© 2013 Pax


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, amazing! There was so much emotion expressed and I felt every bit if it, the despair at learning his gf loves his brother and realization of his own flaws from her eyes, knowing you are in the way of the happiness of the two you love the most, and this brave selflessness, this lack of bitterness or reverberant jealousy at letting them both go to be together... I love this character already...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

sorry for the late reply my friend... you put a big smiles to me face my friend... your words is tru.. read more



Reviews

Wow, amazing! There was so much emotion expressed and I felt every bit if it, the despair at learning his gf loves his brother and realization of his own flaws from her eyes, knowing you are in the way of the happiness of the two you love the most, and this brave selflessness, this lack of bitterness or reverberant jealousy at letting them both go to be together... I love this character already...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

sorry for the late reply my friend... you put a big smiles to me face my friend... your words is tru.. read more
Wow.

This is amazing. The story is sad, agonizing, and hopeful all at the same time. I'm kind of reeling from the depth of love the narrator feels for both this woman, whom he has strong feelings for, and for the brother that is his only family. Wanting the two of them to be happy together even though he doesn't seem to fit with the woman he wants is...impressive. Not many people feel that kind of love; that they would let someone go so that they could be happy with another person.

And that final monologue at the end...it's like something a character would narrate in a movie. Magnificent. You tell a good story, my friend.

I did notice a variety of mistakes, relatively minor but that could do with a cleaning up. Most are to do with tenses and certain uses of participles and such.

For instance, Stanza 1, Sentence 5; "But as I read through each pages down to that last one."

Remove the "s" at the end of page, as the rest of the sentence implies there are multiple pages. Additionally, depending on how you want it to sound, you could substitute "the" for "that" in the same sentence.

In the sentence below that, "off" is the wrong word. Remove 1 "f" to make it "of" and the sentence is correct in English.

There are many more minor mistakes such as that, but I was able to follow along. You're really quite good at English considering it's, what...your third language?

Overall really well done.

O.o And the Cafe seems to have eaten my review the first time I tried to post it...good thing I copy/pasted...

-Caradoc

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Caradoc

10 Years Ago

You're most welcome my friend. This is an excellent piece and poems/songs that tell stories are alwa.. read more
Pax

10 Years Ago

pardon me with my errors on my reply, god now i notice i am the king of typo, even in replies hehe.... read more
Caradoc

10 Years Ago

Indeed.
A well expressed, intensely emotional piece regarding an unusually noble decision.
Makes for very absorbing reading, Pax!


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

thank you mr. Frank :)
"It happened time to time in every pages of the dairy."---diary (naging gatas yung diary. Lol)

"Yet it was still the issue." -----"Yet it is still the issue" (It was the issue and still now the issue)

I'm so sorry for all the pain I cause. ---I'm so sorry for all the pain I've caused.

Hoping that when I leave the country, this will set the both of you free.----this will set the the freedom for both of you.


Huhu! Sacrifice na naman. So sad, but nice start of your novel.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Eto yung sinasabi ko nung una, 8th line: "It happened time to time in every pages of the dairy."---d.. read more
Marc Marlon Villaflor

10 Years Ago

lol gatas talaga heheh
Pax

10 Years Ago

:) na change ko na, sorry di ko nakita dalawa pala yung diary word... thanks my friend.
What a sacrifice..Though i may not necessarily agree on this: "Goodbye my good and bad memories." For me you can never say good bye to those, you can only refuse to remember it but time will come those memories will resurface.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

yes... that is why he is still in ------- in the next chapter... :D thank you kabayan... i so apprec.. read more
The unconditional love in this story is prominent, to want your brother to be happy over any lingering feelings you may carry and truly bless them in love is an amazing story, there are few in this world so selfless, I loved this chapter, well done Pax!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

oh... thank you so much dear friend... I'm so elated with you reading my booklet...
I can say, it`s so creative way of writing chapter, in a poem-like form! it took my attention right away and loved reading it. it`s very intriguing though sad, as he leaves his beloved one to his brother..that main line seems to develop after. just i didn`t feel the man who left the letter is so extremely in love or jealous...Maybe he is too sad, or the moments of his love are suddenly gone, he looks little depressed, but mostly relieved to go away from all. he acts like real 'gentleman" in this case, don`t fight or say bad words to his 'wife", but just little sadness is inside him..i want to see what happens after!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

oh.. I'm so glad your hook on the story...
thank you so much... It made me remember these sto.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mia
If I may say, your English has improved quiet a lot already. You have made some much progress already. Comparing this to your more recent writing :D
This story is a wonderful mix of sadness and happiness. I can't imagine it was easy for your character to let his brother and ex-girlfriend be together with his blessing. The fact that he insisted was selfless and made this chapter beautiful. Wonderful job. It would be lovely to know their names but maybe I'll find them out in later chapters.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

Mia...you've already read the second book in the prologue of wondering thoughts...remember that....t.. read more
Mia

11 Years Ago

Ah-ha! I must go back and refresh my memory...it's difficult to remember when you read so many diffe.. read more
Pax

11 Years Ago

:D....i know the feeling very well....
D': You have a very wonderful first chapter here and it seems all so tragic. It makes me think that the character is awfully noble for what he did and strong too.

Your intriguing first chapter made me really think and kind of get absorbed in the story as well

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Katherine Enma Pineapple

11 Years Ago

what a nice turn of events... serendipity perhaps? :) You're welcome
Pax

11 Years Ago

the story speaks for itself...maybe...not totally sure.. :)
Katherine Enma Pineapple

11 Years Ago

then let it speak :D Our stories have minds of their own and usually tend to be beautiful even witho.. read more
I liked this which was strange. As many times I felt I wanted to say good bye to free my self from the pain you have described here. Perhaps my life story is a form of good bye letting me feel one last time as sift through the memories. Yes I wonder will free me as write the last words that seal my fate.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to return the favor, but always keep my promises.. I you will noticed I have posted some more chapters. Today a lone I writen more than 24 pages. I acutally think I could be possible to write a complete novel without any fiction as I hage reached almost. 100 hundred pages and I haven't scrached the surffus.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shep

11 Years Ago

After rereading your profile. I seemed to understand you more a was amazed how well you write in eng.. read more
Pax

11 Years Ago

dont feel sorry,your review is really great and i learned a lot from you, on how a story works. than.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

498 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 9, 2012
Last Updated on May 30, 2013
Tags: willyampax, Moments of Goodbye


Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


wounds of my past wounds of my past

A Chapter by Pax