Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

A Chapter by AJT
"

The girls are reunited once more and exchange stories while keeping some secrets...It isn't long before the girls get to try out their new powers...

"

    One by one, the girls reappeared into the main foyer leading into the elemental rooms. They stood where they were for a moment, before walking towards the center of the room each having their own stories to tell, yet some secrets to keep.

    "So, Jade," Tygra began after she, Asha, and Rose had completed their stories. "Hear anything interesting from your spirit?"

    Jade stood where she was with her arms crossed. You may lose control of your mental status. She closed her eyes as the spirit's words haunted her. "No, nothing that was too important anyway."

    "Really?" Asha said, a little snippy. "Of course; what am I thinking? Jade knows everything; the spirit wouldn't have to tell her anything."

    "Just like the spirit didn't tell you anything too important?" Jade said her gaze now locked onto hers. The two shared a few quiet moments watching one another. Asha bit her bottom lip. Does she know what the spirit told me? But she can't…Can she?

    Tygra looked between the two girls.  "Alright, alright now."  She turned to Asha.  "You really have to learn when not to open your mouth."

    Asha stomped her foot. "But-" she was cut short when they heard a scream come from the back of the room. The girls turned to look in time to see a figure fall to the floor silently off the platform set between the water and air entrances.

    Rose gasped. "Katrina!" She cried, already rushing towards Katrina's limp figure on the floor.

    "Stay away from her!" Rose stopped short at the sound of the urgency in the demand. She turned back around to see Jade, now already behind her. "Don't go near her, Rose."

    Rose shook her head in disgust. There Katrina was, lying on the floor only a few inches before them, possibly injured and Jade didn't want anyone to go near her. She turned back to Katrina, kneeling down beside of her, ignoring Jade's demands. "Katrina, are you alright?"

    "Rose, get away from her!" Jade ordered once again, this time grabbing hold of Rose's arm and yanking her up off the floor to her feet away from Katrina.

    "Jade, what is the matter with you?" Rose cried irritably, pulling her arm free from Jade's grasp.

    "Yeah, Jade. Can't you see something is wrong with her?" Asha questioned as she pointed down towards Katrina's still form.

    "It's a trap-"

    "A trap?" Tygra interrupted as she looked down to Katrina. "Maybe…something does seem odd about all of this."

    "Whatever." Rose said in aggravation as she knelt down alongside of Katrina once again.

    "Rose!" Jade yelled angrily, her fist clenched tightly at her sides.

    Rose disregarded her command as she rolled Katrina onto her back. Her eyes remained closed as she looked to be in a deep sleep. "See Jade?" Asha said smugly as she stood beside her, watching Rose. "It is only Katrina."

    Jade remained silent as she watched Katrina, not once letting down her guard. Tygra then stood next to her as well. "You might just be mistaken-"

    "No, there's something different about her…I can feel it…"

    Rose placed her two fingers onto Katrina's throat, searching for a pulse. "It's a little off…" she commented, ticking away the seconds in her head. Katrina's eyes suddenly flew open. Her normal golden eyes were now a glowing emerald green. She shot her hand up, grabbing Rose by her throat.

    "Rose!" Asha cried, grabbing her arm, struggling to pull her friend free from Katrina's vice-like grasp. Tygra rushed over to help, but the harder she and Asha pulled to get Rose free, the tighter Katrina's grip became around their friend's delicate throat.

    Jade calmly walked over towards the struggle amongst the girls and with a swift jab with the blunt end of her spear, she ended the struggle with Katrina's howl of pain as she released her grip around Rose's throat. The three girls fell back as they looked to Katrina as she stood leisurely to her feet, her left wrist cradled within her right hand. Although even with the severe pain she ought to have from such a blow, she stared back down to them with a devilish grin. She soon positioned her hands out to her sides and with a momentary flash of dark light, the woman who appeared to be Katrina, no longer favored her in the least.

    The woman had short, black hair pushed back with emerald green eyes which glimmered with in the light like gems. She was dressed in black, making her already pale skin seem even paler. Running down her sleeveless arms were black symbols; some of which the girls remembered from the room with the statues, others which they had never once laid eyes upon.

    "Greetings, Guardians of the Elements."

    "Who are you?" Jade ordered as the others stood to their feet.

    "The name's Misty." She snickered lightly as she looked Jade squarely in the eyes. "I'm the one who is going to stop your hindrances of my lord's quest." Jade positioned herself in her fighting stance holding her spear with one hand out behind her; the tip of the spear pointed towards the floor. The woman named Misty tsked as she held her hands back out to her sides. "Quite aggressive, aren't we? I have no weapon of my own and you are all ready to attack me?" A wide smile crossed her pale features as she spoke.

    "No, tricks; just fight." Jade demanded as she glanced towards the others. "She's not alone." She looked back towards Misty. "Keep an eye out."

    "Right." Tygra said with a nod as she turned towards Asha and Rose.

    Misty's smile slowly vanished as her hands lowered to her sides. "You are the first to acknowledge my sister's presence before she allows herself to be seen." She held her arms out before her and with in an instant there were two battle axes within her grasp.

    From the blade to its handle, both axes were completely made from solid iron and each were about a foot in length. She raised one axe with her right hand, holding the other out before her, a cool smile sweeping across her face. "Don't disappoint me." She swiftly brought down the right axe on Jade.

    Jade evaded her attack then spun her spear aiming to hit Misty on the back, only to have her turn around in time to catch the edge of the spear with the hook of her axe. Jade twirled her spear once again, knocking Misty's arm holding the axe to the side and with one quick sweep, she knocked her opponent's feet out from under her. As soon as she hit the floor, Misty rolled out of the way before leaping to her feet as Jade stabbed down at where she had once lain.

    Misty laughed as she walked before Jade, their eyes locking in their intense battle. "So far, I am quite bored."

    Jade twirled her spear, the blunt end placed flat against her back. Her eyes remained dark as she kept her gaze on Misty. Her head felt cloudy, yet she was doing all she could to keep her mind focused on this fight. She was worried about the others. What this woman, Misty, had said about her sister…that bothered her. 'Before she allows herself to be seen?' Does that mean she can make herself invisible?

    She promptly raised her spear with both hands, blocking Misty's attack as she brought her axes down on her. Their eyes locked once more. "Tck…" Misty jumped back as she placed her axes to her sides again. "So, you were paying attention after all."

Jade placed her spear behind her back again. "I never let my guard down when it comes to people like you."

    Misty's eyes widened. "People?" She thought about this for a moment before shaking her head. "I'm not a person, I'm a demon. Along with my fellow companions."

    "Bull." Jade took in a deep breath. "Your blood may be different, but you are still a person all the same. That's all that matters."

    Misty took a step forward. "It's nice to know there is someone who thinks that way." She brought up her axes. "However, we are fighting for different causes. Therefore, I still can not allow you to live."

 

    Tygra stood by a wall, watching Jade and Misty's fight. Come on Jade…You can do this…Behind her a dark shadow formed along the wall's surface. The shadow came to towards her, forming into finger like objects, reaching out towards her.

    I didn't know Jade could fight like that.  Asha's gaze shifted towards Tygra, seeing the shadow lurking behind her. "Tygra, look out!" She screamed but was too late as the shadow quickly stuck out at Tygra, slashing her deeply across her back.

 

    Jade glanced over to see Tygra stagger forward, clutching her shoulders in pain. She then raised her spear blocking yet another oncoming attack. Misty then swiped out with the other axe nearly slicing Jade across the throat if she was only a few inches closer.

    Jade faltered with her spear out before her in one hand while the other clasped securely over her throat. That was close…

    "Jade, Tygra!" Rose shrieked dreadfully as she watched the horrendous scenes play out before her as her friends came face to face with death.

    Asha dashed over to Tygra, pulling her away from the wall as she hurled a fireball towards the shadow. It moved out of the way down towards the floor as Asha's attack hit the wall explosive impact. The shadow slithered its way towards Misty before coming up out of the floor, forming into a human figure.

    Before them stood a woman wearing black skin tight shorts with a dark red tank top. She had a black tattoo under her right eye. Her faded, golden blonde hair was tied back tightly at the top of her head, bringing out her natural jet black eyes.

    "One down." The woman said in a deep throated tone, a devilish smile across her face.

    "Not yet!" Tygra yelled angrily through clenched teeth as her wounds began to glow a bright blue, healing with in an instant. She took her whip from its clasp, snapping it loudly out before her. "I'm not out of this yet."

    "So it seems." The woman said brashly as she watched the four girls before her. "Would you like some help, sister dear?"

    Misty smiled. "If you wish, dear Twilight."

 

 



© 2009 AJT


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on May 16, 2008
Last Updated on January 21, 2009


Author

AJT
AJT

About
About us: This is about the third one I am under...My name is Sheri and I am writing a series with my friends Bethany and Justine...each of us having our own separate sites as well. However, instead.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by AJT


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by AJT