Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

A Chapter by AJT
"

The battle continues on between the girls and the two sisters...who will win and who will die?

"

    The two women, Misty and Twilight, separated from where they stood, beginning their assaults on the girls. Twilight came towards Rose, raising her left hand and summoning what looked to be a round ball of darkened energy. Rose stared wide eyed as the ball of energy came towards her, paralyzed with fear.

    Without a word Asha ran towards Rose, pushing her down to the floor out of the way and jumped back just in time for Twilight's attack to rush past her face hitting the wall off to the side with a devastating blow.

    Rose looked up towards Asha, a grateful expression crossing over her alarmed face. "Th-thank you, Asha."

    Asha shrugged as she turned back towards Twilight as she stood a few feet away from them, a devious smile already crossed over her flawless face. "Yeah, no problem."

    Twilight raised her hands once more, summoning more of her energy for yet another attack. Jade rushed out before Asha and Rose. Taking her spear, she slammed the bottom of the rod onto the stone floor, causing the stones to fly up into the air. With her spear, she hit each of the stones, sending them flying towards Twilight's direction.

    Twilight's eyes grew wide as she released her energy and sunk herself back into the floor as the pieces of sharp stone flew over her head where she once stood. She then came back out from the floor, glaring at Jade harshly. "You are getting in the way."

    "That was the point." Jade said, twirling her spear and placing it behind her once more.

 

    Misty ran in the opposite direction of her sister in hopes of surrounding the group of girls, though she was stopped short once she saw Tygra standing in her way. She smiled as she placed her axes down to her sides, looking her directly in the eyes. “Shall we?”

    Tygra cracked her whip out before her. “You're not really the one I wanted to deal with, but I’ll take my aggression out on you for now.”

    Misty chuckled, not once lowering her gaze from Tygra's. “Try, if you can.” She came towards her, raising her right axe high above her.

    Tygra stood where she was, waiting for her foe to come closer. Once she was the perfect distance away, she cracked out her whip. Misty however, stopped short and leapt back to avoid the leathery strike of the whip as it came inches from her face. Her eyes then grew wide as she felt a slight tinge of pain on her left cheek. She rubbed it with the back of her hand then pulled back to see a smear of blood.

    Smiling, she licked the back of her hand clean then pulled her axes up once more. "Clever." She then knelt down, throwing her left axe out sideways towards Tygra's legs. Tygra simply jumped over the axe but waiting for her was Misty as she elbowed her hard in the chest, knocking her a few feet before she landed hard backward onto the floor.

    Tygra gasped for air as Misty came running towards her, seizing her axe from where it lain and held the two weapons out before her, ready for the final blow.

    Jade stomped her foot hard on the stone floor. Then, right in front of Tygra, blocking Misty's path, a square piece of stone rose from the floor. Misty, unable to stop from the sudden intrusion, ran up the side of the stone wall, back flipping off and landing steadily on her feet.

    Tygra quickly rolled up onto her feet as the stone wall receded back into the floor. "Impudent girl." She heard Misty mumble under her breath as she glared at Jade.

    Tygra cracked her whip out before her, grabbing Misty's attention. "Remember, you are fighting me."

    "Then keep your friends out of this."

    "I didn't ask for help." Tygra said smugly as she grasped the tip of her whip, pulling it tight. "She just does what she feels she has to."

    Jade jumped back from Twilight's attack swinging her spear out down towards her feet. Twilight clenched her teeth in anger. "Mind your own business and fight me." She said through clenched teeth as she stood before her.

    Jade shook her head. "The two of you don't play fair; just like that other b*****d. There is no way in hell I'm going to allow the two of you to do as you please."

    Tygra cracked her whip towards Misty and she countered by raising her axes, shielding her face from the whip's strike. Tygra then brought back her whip and with a sideways snap, she was able to wrap her whip around the handles of the two axes, holding them tightly together.

    Misty clenched her teeth in frustration as she pulled back on her axes. “Let go now!” She pulled hard to the side causing Tygra to stumble to the side as well.

    Once Tygra regained her footing she only tightened the whip's grasp around the axes' handles by raveling the leather up onto her arm; the more Misty struggled to get her weapons free the harder it became with each wrap. Tygra paid no mind as the thorns dug painfully into her arm and hands; her mind was set on completely halting her opponent's attacks. With each step she continued to ravel the whip around her arm until she stood directly before Misty.

    Tygra could see the hint of victory flash within Misty's eyes as their gazes locked once more. "Seems you have fallen right into my trap, little girl." She brought her hand out to the side, and it began to glow a faded green.

    Tygra looked to her opponent's hand in shock before a thought crossed her mind. Before Misty was able to execute her attack, Tygra placed her hand around the upper half of her whips handle, and with the other, gave it a twist. She allowed the sheath to fall to the floor as she took the hidden dagger's blade and stabbed Misty within the chest.

    Misty's jaw dropped open in slight awe as the energy she had been gathering within her hand began to dim before completely vanishing. Her eyes slowly rolled up as her body became limp; she then fell to the floor in absolute silence.

    Tygra stayed where she was, her dagger still held out before her; blood dripping steadily from blade's tip and onto the floor. She could feel her heart racing in her chest as her mind began to process what had just happened. Did she really just kill another person?

    "Misty!" Twilight's voice echoed through the room as she hissed her dead sister's name.

    Jade lowered her spear slightly taking a step towards her enemy. "She's gone Twilight. You should end this now while you still have your life."

    Twilight turned her gaze back onto Jade an eerie smile curling around her lips. "Whether alive or dead, my sister was nothing within the ranks of the Dark Lord. Her death is in fact a favor done for my dear, Caleb."

    "How could you say that?" Rose questioned in disbelief gazing down towards Misty's lifeless form just before Tygra feet. "She was your sister!"

    "Only by blood. In any other way, she was no sister of mine." She looked towards Misty's limp form as well. "She was weak…an utter shame to my family's name-"

    "Stop it! Just stop it!" Rose cried unable to take what Twilight was saying about her own sister.

    "Rose…" Asha said, turning towards her upset friend.

    Twilight laughed, clearly enjoying Rose's reactions. "This is the way of demons-"

    "Enough!" The girls turned towards Jade; her spear was now held out before her. "Your sister tried to pull the same crap with the whole demon speech. I'm sorry but that does not work with me." She took a step forward, her eyes narrowed in disgust. "You may boarder the line of the demon name more then your sister, but you are still the same to me. No one is a full-fledged demon if they have feelings such as yours!"

    Twilight took a step back, slightly thrown off guard by Jade's words. Her eyes then narrowed as she smiled her eerie smile once more. "Is that so?" She threw her hands out to the sides. Black streams came from the tips of her fingers and raised high into the air, coating the glass ceiling in a darkened fog blocking the sun's rays. The girls were now in complete darkness.

    Jade turned in the direction in which she last saw Rose. "Rose, use your powers and break through that glass!"

    Rose, though knowing she would not be seen, nodded. "I-I'll try." She raised her hands up towards where she remembered the glass plate within the ceiling and began to summon her powers. All I need to do is concentrate…Within a few short moments, she felt a strange tingling sensation within the palms of her hands as her powers began to surface and form into a powerful surge of wind blowing out from within her towards the ceiling above.

    Within seconds, the girls heard the glass shatter and the darkness which shrouded their only light, escaped through the newly made hole. The girls cautiously looked around, not seeing Twilight anywhere.

    “Damn it, where is she?” Jade said frustrated under her breath as she turned back towards the others. Each of the girls were looking around the room, the same thought going through their heads has well.

    Her eyes stopped at Asha. Behind her seemed to be nothing but shadow. Her eyes grew wide as she rushed over towards her friend. As she ran she could see a dark figure begin to seep from the shadows towards Asha, just as it had before when Tygra was attacked.

    Asha turned towards Jade in time for her to tackle her to the ground as Twilight swiped out at her. "What the hell!" She cried as she looked towards the figure slithering back into the floor behind them and back into the shadows.

    Jade turned back to the Tygra and Rose; each on either side of the room. No, this isn't good…Shadows outlined the entire room. "Be on guard!"

    They each nodded when Rose suddenly gasped. The shadow had come up behind her, engulfing her in its darkness.

    "No, Rose!" Tygra cried as she rushed towards her with her whip in hand.

    The girls could hear Twilight's cool laughter as the shadow began to recede back into the floor. "Just as you have taken one from us, I will take one from you!"

    Tygra leapt out, reaching for any part of Rose she could grab onto to. To keep her with the rest of the group that is all she wanted. But as she closed her empty hand, the shadow completely vanished from the room; no trace of darkness or Rose was able to be seen.



© 2008 AJT


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on May 16, 2008
Last Updated on May 27, 2008


Author

AJT
AJT

About
About us: This is about the third one I am under...My name is Sheri and I am writing a series with my friends Bethany and Justine...each of us having our own separate sites as well. However, instead.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by AJT


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by AJT