Epilouge

Epilouge

A Chapter by AJT
"

The girls have saved both worlds and were permitted to return home...but, what happens next?

"

    "I-I just can't deal with this right now…" Katrina stated as she allowed Magmiss to usher her out of the room.

    "It's alright Katrina. Let me take you back to your room and I'll make sure the preparations for his burial are taken care of."

    Katrina took one last look at her dead brother's form lain upon a stone table down within the castle's basement. She looked back to Magmiss. "I just can't believe he is really dead…"

    Magmiss gave her a slight hug as they left the room. "I know. When you're with someone for so long, especially a sibling, it is hard to believe it when they die."

    The room was thrown into silence once the two had left, leaving Caleb, her deceased brother, alone once more.

    "So, it is true then." A man's voice sounded within the doorway of the castle morgue. The dark figure made its way over towards Caleb's lifeless form. "You are playing possum." There was silence as the man reached out towards him. Just as he was about to touch the chilled skin of the dead, Caleb's hand bolted up from his side, grabbing the man by the wrist. "I thought so…"

    Caleb's eyes slowly opened as he awoken from his tranquil slumber. His gaze locked with that of the man's and released his wrist with a weary, sinister smile, dropping his hand to the side limply onto the table in which he laid upon. "You've decided to join me after all…" he stated, his voice barely above a whisper as he spoke. "Together, we shall rule this pitiful world with Reyna…"

    Without a word the man raised his right hand swiftly, his fingers set closely together as to form a point, and brought his hand down, digging deeply into Caleb's abdomen. He cried out, unable to move from the paralyzing pain, as the man reached into the stomach of the Dark Lord and pulled out a blood covered stone; amber in its true color.

    Caleb looked to the man who studied the gem within his blood drenched hand in horror as his mind slowly began to register what had happened. "W-wait." He stammered as his vision began to become unclear. "If you take that…I…I will-"

    "Die?" The man looked from the stone down to him, a strange smile set across his ominous features as he began to laugh. "But you are already dead…or have you forgotten?" He turned away from him, the room echoing with his laughter as he walked towards the exit.

    "Don't…" Caleb grit his teeth in pain as he struggled to sit upright with the gaping hole within his gut. He fell back, his hands slipping on his own blood as he struggle to move. "Don't leave me down here!"

    The door then closed shut behind this mysterious man, leaving the dark lord to bleed to his death in complete darkness and utter silence.



© 2009 AJT


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the book very much. It reminds of a story I wrote a long time ago since I like using elements in my stories too. One thing I would like to see is the girls fighting more and a there a bit of grammars/spelling errors. Overall is good!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AJT

10 Years Ago

I'm sorry this is taking quite a bit of time to get back to you. We have been putting the final tou.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Added on May 16, 2008
Last Updated on June 19, 2009


Author

AJT
AJT

About
About us: This is about the third one I am under...My name is Sheri and I am writing a series with my friends Bethany and Justine...each of us having our own separate sites as well. However, instead.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by AJT


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by AJT