Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

A Chapter by AJT
"

Asha is wondering aimlessly around the castle, searching for Tygra and Jade while they search for her, when she is pulled into a room...

"

    Walking down a rather long stone hallway of the castle was Asha. She crept around the edges, trying to keep herself out of direct view of anyone, or anything, which may lurk within these halls. So far, she hadn't seen anything as she made her was back to her friends.  What am I going to do if I can't find them? What if they had been captured? 

     She stopped short as the last thought crossed her mind and shook her head. "Nah, not Jade." She looked down to the floor as she thought how Tygra had reacted once Drake came into the room. "I wonder how she's doing."

    She continued to walk down the hall, a gloomy expression across her face as she thought about her friends. Drake had been the first to be taken away from them then Rose. And when it finally did come down to seeing Drake again, he was on the enemies side…Tygra had looked so hurt…

      What am I doing thinking of such things?  She rubbed angrily at the side of her head. As long as I think everything will turn out fine, it will. She looked to her hands. Even if I am having trouble with these damn powers of mine. Asha shook her head once more in an attempt to give herself a mental shake as well. "All right! Everything is going to be just fine!"

    Down the hallway there was a loud bang followed by footsteps coming from the adjoining hallway. She swallowed as she began to take quick steps back. Where should I go? Any one of these other doors may lead me into a worse situation and the way I came is a dead end….Man oh man! How do I get into these things?

    She then felt a steady pressure placed onto her shoulders before she was yanked into a room behind here. Asha shrieked fearfully as she backed further into the room. “Get your hands off of me!” She cried turning to face the one who pulled her into the room. “Drake?” She questioned then placed her right hand onto the handle of her sword which she now had tucked neatly away within its sheath. “Get away from me!"

    “Sh, calm down! I’m not going to hurt you!” He whispered.

    “Shut up! I’m not falling for it.” She felt her powers come to the tips of her left hand as she raised it before her defensively when he grabbed her wrist, pulling her hand down to her side. “Let go!”

    “I’m not going to hurt you! But if you don’t quiet down I can’t guarantee your safety from anyone else who may want to.”

    Asha bit down on her lower lip as Drake released her wrist. He crept over to the door, taking a peek outside into the hallway. As he let out a long breath he turned back to her. “They must have gone the other way.”

    “How can I be sure to trust you?” She said cautiously. Though she was glad to see him, she wasn’t sure if she should believe him. “The last time I saw you, you attack Tygra!”

    “I know, I know.” He said quietly, regret falling over him. “But I swear to you if I would have only remembered sooner, I would have never done so.” He crossed his arms before him as he thought of how he got there in the first place. “I could have sworn that before I saw Tygra, I lived here my whole life.” He sighed rubbing at his eyes. “Apparently, I have a long bloodline of sorcerers…some girl told me this.”

    “Girl?” Asha questioned taking a step towards him. “What did she look like? Did she give you a name?”

    He shook his head. “No, no name. But she was rather short with light blonde hair and her eyes were hazel, I think.”

    Asha smiled. “So she didn’t lie to us after all about keeping you safe.”

    “What do you mean?”

    “Katrina…she is this girl who gave us these powers. She’s also the reason you are here. You see, she used you to get us here.”

    Drake shook his head in slight anger. “You could have been hurt.”

    Asha laughed slightly. “Apparently, we were chosen to fight against this impending evil known as Caleb.” She took a few steps toward him. “Have you met that guy? Katrina said he is all hell bent on bringing his dead sister back or something like that.”

    Drake shook his head once more. “No, I don’t think I ever did see him. I mostly took orders from a guy named Magmiss-”

    Asha gasped. “That’s right!” She headed towards the door. “The last time I saw Jade she was ready to fight that lunatic!”

    Drake grabbed her arm, stopping her from opening the door. “I’ll take a look.” Asha watched as Drake took a quick look down the hall. When he saw nothing within the hallway he turned back to her. “Looks like the coast is clear.”

    “Good. We have to get back to the others. We can’t get separated again-” she stopped short as she grabbed hold of Drake’s arm. “Rose! She was captured by some freak that goes by the name Twilight!”

    “Relax.” He said, pulling her hand from his arm. “I already know where she is and was about to go free her when I found you. She’s alright so there’s no need to worry.”

    “No need to worry?” Asha questioned her mouth dropped open. “Drake, she’s locked up somewhere with a lot of sick freaks around. Don’t tell me there is no need to worry!”

    “You got a point.” He said pulling the door open. He walked out into the hallway and made sure it was clear before he turned back to Asha. “You go find Jade and Tygra. When I get Rose, we‘ll come find you.”

    “But Drake, it’s too dangerous for you to go alone-” she began to protest.

    “No, I’ll be fine. Don’t forget. I’m still considered a lackey here.”

    “If you say so.” She said beginning to walk off.

    “Asha.” He called after her, stopping her a few feet away from him. “When you find Tygra and Jade, tell them what I told you, ok? I need them to know…I can’t bear to think of Tygra the way she was when I last saw her.”

    She gave him a slight smile. “Sure thing. As long as you promise to be careful.”

He smiled back. “Of course."

 

    Jade and Tygra had made their rounds within the surrounding hallways of the room from where they had first separated from Asha and were now back where they began. There were no signs of Asha in any of the other rooms; only a string of daggers laid within the room across the hallway which Tygra had identified to Jade as being the man's who had originally attacked her and Asha. This had given the two girls hope on finding their lost friends, until they had completed their survey of each room. Now the two of them were beginning to think of the worse when they heard their names being called from across the room.

    “Jade! Tygra!” As they turned, they could see Asha running towards them. “Thank god, you are still here!”

    “We’ve actually been searching for you.” Jade said relieved. “Where have you been?”

    Asha stood before them. “I just had a run in with Drake-”

    “Drake…” Tygra whispered quietly.

    “Oh, don't worry Tygra! He’s back to normal now and is on our side again. He’s-”

    “Hold it. Wait a second.” Jade said cutting her off. “Drake’s on our side?”

    “Yeah, he-” Asha began once more.

    “That’s all I need to know.” Jade said. “Now all we have to do is worry about Rose.”

    “That’s what I’m trying to tell you! Drake’s getting her!”

    “Well then. How about we go find them then?” She questioned, walking towards the room she and Magmiss had originally fought in.

    Asha shook her head. “I see she’s still her old self.” She said as she and Tygra followed Jade into the next room.

    “It’s not what you think Asha…” Tygra said a glum expression upon her face. “She’s actually quite worried.” She tsked slightly. “I don’t think she’ll be back to ‘normal’ until we’re all out of this mess.”

    “I know what you mean.” Asha agreed with a sigh. “We have all been a little on edge lately…I wonder when this is going to end?”

    “Hey, if you guys don’t make a move I’m going to leave you here.” Jade called from the other room.

    “Jade, wait a second!” Tygra said with a small smile as she turned to Asha. “Let’s get going.”

    “Right.”

 

   



© 2009 AJT


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on May 16, 2008
Last Updated on January 21, 2009


Author

AJT
AJT

About
About us: This is about the third one I am under...My name is Sheri and I am writing a series with my friends Bethany and Justine...each of us having our own separate sites as well. However, instead.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by AJT


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by AJT