Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by AJT
"

A rebellion is formedthe Guardians are needed once again

"

 

 

 

A scream sounded through the night as a young girl cried beside a man fallen to a cruel fate of death by demonic hands. The girl looked from the man, the one she had known to be her love, before looking fearfully back into the blackened eyes of the man who had taken his life.

"Why?" Was all she could manage to say as the man smiled down to her with a bloodied blade grasped within his right hand.

"The price of betrayal, of course." The killer sneered as he looked down to blade, smiling at the smear of blood across the iron as if it were some sort of prized possession.

The girl looked to him with tears in her eyes. "You said you had wanted nothing to do with Caleb's sinister plans!"

"And that was not a lie." The man looked to the girl and snickered. "I have plans of my own." He raised the blade. "And you along with him are in my way."

Her eyes widened as he brought up his sword, preparing to strike her.

"Lady Karina!" A voice rang through her ears.

The assassin, along with the young girl named Karina, looked to see a man enter the room, a sword grasped tightly within his left hand. His white shirt and brown slacks were stained with dirt and blood from the battle running rampant throughout the young girl's castle. He stopped at the sight before him; his hazel eyes locked upon those of the other man in shock and great distrust of what he was witnessing.

"Nice to see you could join us Haru." The man said menacingly as he lowered his sword to his side.

"Haru! He killed Magmiss!" Karina wailed, tears streaming down her pale cheeks.

Haru looked to the limp form sprawled before Karina. I was too late… his gaze then again locked with that of the murderer. "How could you do this?" When he didn't answer Haru took a step closer holding his sword out before him threateningly. "Damn it Katsuro! Answer me!"

Katsuro laughed at Haru's behavior, a devious smile crossing over his menacing features. "You honestly haven't figured it out?" He looked to Karina before turning back to him. "I am here to eradicate this land of you fools under the new Dark Lord, Alester."

"Alester?" Karina questioned urgently. "But that can't be! He was declared dead!"

"That was his plan all along my dear Karina." Katsuro turned to her, the torch light within the small dank room casting an eerie glow over his face, illuminating his despise of her within his chilling eyes. "Just so he could come and take his rightful place as ruler of this land."

"Enough of this!" Haru yelled, swiping his sword angrily to the side. "You honestly think I will let you get away with treason Katsuro?" He held his sword out before him threateningly once more. "Think again!"

Katsuro turned to him; his attention completely on Haru as he studied him carefully. He soon raised his bloodied sword as another smile came over his features. "You have yet to best me in swords play. Do you honestly hope to do so now?"

"Shut up!" Haru roared furiously…and hurt. Katsuro had been a close friend of his for years. They had fought together under Karina's orders to defeat the Dark Lord Caleb's army and ate together in the times of peace. To see him standing before him now with his bloodied blade had sickened Haru greatly.

Haru came at Katsuro with his sword held high, swiping down at him once in reach. Katsuro caught the blade on his. The two adversaries stood at a standstill for what seemed like ages until Katsuro kicked Haru hard in the stomach, knocking him to the floor. His laugh echoed throughout the room as he looked down to Haru scrambling to his feet.

I can't let him get to me.  Haru held his sword before him defensively. He could see Karina out of the corner of his eye. She was now standing off to the side watching the conflict before her with fearful eyes when their gazes locked for a moment. And that's when he saw it; the signal.

Haru raised his sword out before him blocking an impending attack to his mid section. He pushed Katsuro's blade to the side and brought up his free hand punching his opponent squarely in the jaw. Katsuro stumbled back giving Haru enough time to reach Karina.

Once Katsuro was able to regain his footing he turned to them furiously. Karina gave her love one last look before disappearing from the room with a brilliant light, taking Haru along with her leaving him to stare at an empty space the two had previously stood only moments before. However, Katsuro only allowed another smiled to cross over his features as he scratched the side of his head through a mass of brown hair. "Your time will come soon enough." He muttered replacing his sword within the sheath at his right side as he walked nonchalantly from the room to the raging battle just beyond that very room.

The two appeared in a wooded area shadowed by trees under the moonlit night. Haru placed a hand to the trunk of a tree. Where they lived, trees were scarce and sickly except within the woods, The Forest of Light, which surround Karina's home. But he doubted the fact that she would transport them this close to the enemy so soon.

He turned to Karina questioningly. "What is this place?"

Karina smiled weakly. "This is the home of our precious Guardians."

Haru let his hand fall to his side. "You mean the ones who defeated Caleb?"

"The very same." She closed her eyes. "If we have any hopes in defeating Alester, we need to find those girls." She opened her eyes then looked to Haru. "I need you to go back to our world and let me do my work here."

He took a step towards her determined to change her mind. "I can not do that Lady Karina, as your guard, I-"

Karina raised a hand silencing him. "You mustn't worry about me. I shall be fine." She lowered her hand as her gaze fell to the forest floor. "I admit I was distraught after Magmiss's death…he was more of a brother to me then my real brother ever was…" she looked up to his eyes once more; hers shining with determination, "but I will not allow Alester have his way...not while I'm still around to do anything about it."

After a moment Haru let out a sigh of defeat running a hand over his short brown hair as he quickly understood he was wasting his words on her. Karina was stubborn and when a plan came into her mind, it was hard for any one to change it. "I understand." He took a quick look around. "Then, Lady Karina, what are my orders?"

"I need you to find out what you can about Alester's plans. Can you do that for me?"

"Of course." Haru accepted his new mission with a slight bow. "Whenever you wish to send me back my lady."

Karina placed a hand to his shoulder, causing him to look up to her then straighten his posture. "I wish you well on this mission Haru. It will be quite dangerous." She lowered her hand as he gave her a nod.

"I shall do my best."

She smiled as she held her hands out before her, forming a white light between them. The light began to surround Haru before fully engulfing him. Within seconds, the white light, along with Haru, were gone as he was transported back to his world to begin his newly assigned mission.

Karina then turned from where Haru once stood allowing herself to take a deep breath of the night's cool, crisp air. She had no idea where to look first for her Guardians and hoped her connections with the spirits would be able to lend her a hand in finding them…but would she be able to find them before time runs out?




© 2010 AJT


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on January 22, 2009
Last Updated on January 24, 2010


Author

AJT
AJT

About
About us: This is about the third one I am under...My name is Sheri and I am writing a series with my friends Bethany and Justine...each of us having our own separate sites as well. However, instead.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by AJT


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by AJT