Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

A Chapter by AJT
"

Tygra's group encounter a problem while searching for Asha and Jade

"

“Is something the matter?”

Haru looked to his right to see Gina eying him carefully. He shook his head briefly as he looked out before him, seeing the others now a few paces ahead. “There seems to be someone following us.”

Gina’s eyes widened. “Are you certain?” She cupped her hands over her mouth as she looked to the others. “Wait everyone! Hold on for a moment!”

Everyone stopped, one shortly right after the other before turning back to Gina and Haru. Tygra placed a hand to her hip. “What’s the matter? Why did you stop us?”

Gina pointed back to Haru. “He said there is someone following us!”

Haru placed his hand to his forehead. “You really didn’t have to yell that. Now he knows we are on to him.”

Gina raised her hands to her lips. “Oh sorry!”

Tygra glanced around their surroundings, searching the area carefully as did Rose and Drake. “Are you sure?”

A low laugh came from their left erupting into a roar of laughter. The group turned to see a young man sitting on top of a boulder a few yards away. He slapped a hand off of his knee as his laughter echoed through the woods. His gaze then fell upon those of the group. “You really ought to trust your comrades, you know? They just might keep you out of trouble.” Everyone turned to see the man clearly, each one of them unconsciously placing a hand to their weapons.

Tygra stepped forward her eyes narrowed in suspicion. “Who are you? What do you want?”

“The name’s Kane.” He slid off the top of the boulder landing sturdily to his feet. “And I am here to take you back to Lord Alester.”

“By yourself?” Tygra questioned with humor in her tone. “I don’t care who you are. You won’t be able to defeat all of us.” She laughed slightly. “You won‘t even be able to defeat me.” Tygra looked back to the group, “I’ll take him: you guys go on ahead.”

Drake stepped forward. “Tygra, no-”

“Don’t argue, just go.” She then stooped swiftly out of the way as Kane swiped his blade out a crossed her chest.

Kane tsked. “I thought you forgot about me.” He brought his sword back in a guarded stance. “Guess I was wrong.”

Tygra grabbed her whip’s handle unhooking it from her side and snapped the woven leather out towards her enemy. Kane jumped back up onto the top of the boulder slashing his blade out before him as his gaze was still locked upon hers. “Quick aren’t you?” He moved his sword back placing his fingers to the tip of the blade. “But I bet your speed is no where near mine.” His form blurred before her before he vanished from atop of the boulder’s surface.

"Where is he, Tygra?" Rose exclaimed readying herself to assist her in battle when Drake placed a firm hand to her shoulder. She looked to him surprised. “Why?”

“If you go over there now we’ll only be a problem for her. All we can do now is watch her back and keep each other safe.”

“Miss Tygra, watch out!”

Alarmed by Gina’s shrill tone of voice, Drake and Rose turned their attention back to the fight. Kane had made his appearance and was now standing behind Tygra with his blade pressed tightly to her throat and before anyone could say a thing, he swiped the blade a crossed her skin. However, where there should have been blood, water came pouring from the wound. Her whole body soon turned to water, splashing loudly onto the forest floor. Kane backed away cautiously as Tygra arose from the newly formed puddle, standing with her whip pulled taunt; her body unscathed. “You need more practice.”

“I have to admit, you are a lot better then I had expected.” Kane said rubbing the back of his neck. “I mean, you almost had me for a moment there with your water trick.”

Tygra narrowed her eyes when she heard a whisper in her ear. “Almost.” A cry of pain soon escaped her lips as he slashed her deeply a crossed the back. She stumbled forward landing hard on her hands and knees. When did he…?

Her eyes then widened when she heard the sound of metal clashing above her. She looked up to see Haru standing before her, his sword drawn and blocking an oncoming attack of Kane’s. “You have to be more careful.” He pushed up on Kane’s sword knocking him back slightly. “Can you stand?”

“Tygra!” She looked to her left to see Drake and Rose at her side, Drake already kneeling beside her, placing a hand around her back. “This looks bad…let me help you up.”

Tygra allowed Drake to help her to her feet then pushed him back, her gaze locked on Kane once more. Her grip tightened around her whip’s handle. “You have to go on ahead and get to Jade and Asha.”

“Tygra!” Rose yelled at her angrily. “You saw for yourself where your stubbornness has gotten you; now let us help you!”

“You should listen to her.” Kane said with a laugh. “There’s no way you can fight me alone. Not now.”

“He’s stalling for time.” Haru said.

Kane looked to him with interest as Rose came to his side. “What do you mean?”

“He must have reinforcements coming or,” he glanced towards her briefly, “Your friends Jade and Asha have come about the same troubles.”

Rose’s mouth dropped open as she saw the smile form across Kane’s features. What Haru concluded was true. Asha and Jade must be under attack as well and the longer they are apart, the more of a chance there will be one of them may…

“You have to go now!” Tygra yelled angrily stepping out in front of the group, her pain now forgotten. “You have to get back to Asha and Jade!”

"But-"

"Go now! The more time you waste here the more chance something may happen to one of the others! Come back once you find them!”

Rose bit her bottom lip as she looked to Drake who gave her a slight nod. “Rose, you three go on ahead. I’ll stay behind.”

Rose nodded her head as she and Haru began to run in the opposite direction with Gina following shortly after. She wiped angrily at her eyes as tears began to form. You two better be okay by the time we get back. You just better be alright…

Tygra let out a little sigh of relief once she saw the others rush off then narrowed her brows frustratedly as Drake stood at her side.  "What are you doing? Go!"

He shook his head. “No, I promised I’d stay behind. Besides,” he raised his sword out before him, “Someone has to keep an eye out for you.”

Tygra smiled momentarily as they turned their attention back to Kane, readying themselves for their next round of battle. “Thanks Drake.”



© 2010 AJT


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
Added on January 22, 2009
Last Updated on January 24, 2010


Author

AJT
AJT

About
About us: This is about the third one I am under...My name is Sheri and I am writing a series with my friends Bethany and Justine...each of us having our own separate sites as well. However, instead.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by AJT


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by AJT