Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

A Chapter by AJT
"

Gina takes Rose to where the magic dweller is to stop her spell on the Guardians powers.

"

Gina now stood deep within the forest searching the area for the magic dweller she had mentioned not long before.

"Do you sense anything?" Rose questioned softly at her side.

Gina nodded briefly. "The magic dweller is indeed here…" she looked to her right abruptly then pointed. "Over there. Follow me.”

The two followed the direction for some time before coming across a small encampment with a leather hide tent residing in its center. Smoke could be seen coming from a hole residing at the top of the tent. Not even the sound of a cricket’s chirp could be heard within the surrounding area of the encampment. The whole area seemed to be void of all forms of life.

Rose looked to Gina; her face was taken by sadness. "Is something wrong?"

"Sh." She hushed lightly, her eyes narrowed from deep concentration. "Do you hear that?"

Rose listened carefully. She could hear the chanting of a woman coming from inside the tent. "Yes, I do." She looked back to Gina. "Who could it be?"

Gina stepped towards the tent. "It's the magic dweller. Come, we must stop her chanting in order to save your friends."

Rose rushed over to Gina's side as she pushed back the leather flap covering the entrance to the hut. Within the center was a woman kneeling before a fire; a small wooden bench before the fire was its only furnishing. Her green eyes quickly shifted to them as her chanting was interrupted. "Oh, I see a Guardian has come to visit me…" she said in a low husky voice as her gaze shifted towards Gina. Their eyes locked for a moment. "And I see you have taken an Elvin girl as your pet; you disgrace the Elvin heritage little one."

Gina bit down painfully on her bottom lip as Rose took a step forward. "She is not my 'pet'. She is my friend and a great one at that."

The woman laughed a deep throaty laugh. "Doesn't matter." She said as she stood to her feet. "You have come here to stop my little spell, have you not?"

Gina promptly regained her composer as she stepped forward. "That’s right! We have come to stop you from halting the Guardian's powers!"

"Is that so?" The woman questioned coldly. She then laughed. "Even if you do stop me now; it'll be too late for your friends. Sir Carrion will have them all defeated before you even dreamed of stopping me." She then smiled. "As Sakura of the Woods, I am bound to eliminate any threat I may see.”

Sakura waved her hand over the fire and the flames were distinguished immediately, leaving them in complete darkness. "This isn't good." Rose said to Gina as she tried to concentrate on any sound of movement. "She could easily get away from us in here."

"Who says I would try to get away?"

Before either of the girls had the chance to turn around they felt themselves being shoved hard in the back. With not being able to see in the dark, the two fell over the small wooden bench placed before the fire-pit, landing in the cool ashes that were once raging flames.

Sakura leaped forward, her eyes well adjusted to the surrounding darkness, as she landed between the girls. She turned the two to face her before placing a cold hand to each of their throats, grasping tightly, holding them down with her powerful magic, and laughed once again. "My magic is more powerful than all of you Guardians combined!" She took in a deep breath and smiled, though her smile was unable to be seen within the dark. "Will you now beg for your life? Guardian of Air!"

Rose struggled for air with the pressure pushing down on her windpipe as Gina did the same. The chain of her weapon had been pinned beneath her due to the fall making it so she could not fight her way free. Gina ran her hand down along her left side, finding the small knife strapped to her leg. She grasped it and with a quick motion she pulled it from its sheath, stabbing Sakura within the side of her abdomen.

Sakura wailed agonizingly as she released her grip from the girls and stumbled back, gripping her side in pain. The two girls gasped for air as they both stood unsteadily to their feet. Rose heard a slight thud as Sakura bumped into the wooden bench behind them in her attempt to escape. She took a few quick steps forward towards the stand and kicked with all her might, hitting Sakura within the stomach causing her to fly into the side of the tent and through it.

With the small amount of light illumining the area, Rose looked to Gina. "Let's go!" The two rushed out back into the forest where Sakura remained lying on the ground, out cold.

Rose felt a slight tingling within her body as the spell was broken, returning her powers. She looked down to Sakura. "We have to do something about her."

Gina looked from the woman then to Rose. "No we don't have time right now."

Rose looked to her with narrowed eyes. "But she'll just-"

Gina was already heading off in the other direction. "We have to get back to your friends right away! Once Carrion realizes they have their powers, there is no telling what could happen!"

Rose nodded then took a quick look down to Sakura before following after Gina, her weapon grasped tightly within her hands. She didn't like the fact of leaving her enemy go, but what else could she do? Gina was right. They had to get back to the others.

 

Asha looked wide-eyed to Carrion as he loomed before her, the tip of his blade placed to her forehead. Sweat dripped from the sides of her face as she tried to think of something, anything, that she could do to get herself away from this man. I made a mistake…and this man is going to kill me for it…

Carrion chuckled bringing his sword back to deliver the final blow. “Lord Alester will be pleased; now that I can deliverer one of the three elemental stones to him.”

He brought down his sword, aiming to pierce her heart. Asha closed her eyes; her sword was too far away for her to protect herself with and she still couldn’t summon any of her powers. This was the end for her.

Asha felt herself being pulled back suddenly followed by the sound of metal against metal. Her eyes popped open to see Haru standing before her in a deadlock against Carrion. A hand was placed to her shoulder causing her to jump and turn. She gasped. “Drake!”

“You alright?” He questioned looking her over. “I was afraid we wouldn’t make it in time.”

Asha wrapped her arms around him, holding him tight. “I’ve never been happier to see you!”

Drake returned her hug briefly before pulling back, studying her eyes. “I’m glad to hear that, but if you’re alright,” he stood to his feet holding out his hand, “We should really get back into this fight.”

Asha graciously grabbed his hand, allowing him to help her stand. “You’re right.” Behind her she heard a loud thud as Haru was pushed back to the ground. “Haru!”

“You are pathetic!” Carrion announced as he stepped towards them, raising his sword high in the air. “Annihilate them all!”


Tygra fought off another solider coming towards her. Her breathing was erratic, her muscles sore from fatigue. How many more can there be? If this keeps up, we will never-

“Tygra!”

She turned back to see Rose and Gina coming towards her. “Where have you been?” She yelled angrily.

“There isn’t time.” Rose stated, stopping before her. “I have a plan that can take all these b******s down in one shot!”

“And how do you plan to do that?” Tygra questioned looking out towards the soldiers. “We don’t even have our powers!”

“We do now; trust me!” She grabbed hold of Tygra’s arm pulling her towards the river’s edge. “Help me create a storm!”

Tygra looked to her friend’s earnest face. She really believes this will work. She placed her hands out towards the river, raising the water into the air. Then I guess I should too.

 

“This doesn’t seem like it’s going to end.” Jade said to herself as she knocked a soldier to the ground. She looked towards Asha with Drake and Haru; their hands full with their fight against Carrion. She looked to Tygra with Rose and Gina. Her eyes narrowed. There were no enemies around them for some reason. She looked to Gina who watched Tygra and Rose with great interest. Why is that?

 Jade looked up to the sky as thunder erupted from the darkened storm clouds. So that’s what they’re planning, huh? She ducked back as a blade whizzed past her face and brought up her spear knocking her foe to the ground. It just might work…”

 

Rose looked to Tygra. “Are you just about ready?”

Tygra nodded. “Ready as I’ll ever be. Everyone,” she called trying to get their attention, “get someplace high, quick!”

Jade shook her head slowly. They’re not going to hear her over this noise…she raised her hands from her sides concentrating hard. The earth beneath her feet began to rise from the ground just as the clouds above allowed the rain to pour down around her.

Asha gasped as she felt herself rise into the air along with Drake and Haru. “What’s going on?”

“It’s Jade!” Drake answered pointing towards her. “Tygra and Rose look like they have something planned!”

Once everyone was above the water level, Rose and Tygra sent as much of their powers into the air as they could. A flash of lightening came followed by another bang of thunder before a giant bolt of lightening came from the sky, landing directly in the center of the battlefield. The electricity from the lightening travailed through the water covered ground, electrifying the soldiers around them.

Jade lowered her companions back to the ground once the lightening had gone and they rushed towards Carrion who was just getting to his feet. His breathing was rapid from pain, smoke emitting from beneath his armor from the patches of charred skin beneath.

"It‘s over Carrion." Asha said raising her sword. “You’ve been defeated; now drop your weapon!”

"Do you really think that I'm alone now? My men are still here!" He raised his arms from his sides once more, and once more the soldiers stood to his call.

"That's not possible!" Rose cried in dread.

The group rushed in together each guarding the other’s back. Drake raised his hands before him, summoning a force field around the group. "I don't know if we can survive another battle like this!" Drake yelled looking to Jade. "Jade, think of something!"

"How am I to know what to do?" She questioned emotionlessly. "Whatever happens happens."

"Jade?" Asha looked to her doubtful at what she heard. "You can't be serious!"

"What are we going to do?" Rose questioned, she looked to Gina. Her eyes were closed and her hands were folded out before her as if she were in prayer. "Gina, are you alright?”

She didn't answer as she began to chant in a low tone in a language only Rose was able to recall. It was the same as Sakura. That's right. Gina is a part of this world…if she is able to control the same type of magic as that woman, then maybe-

And as if on cue, the soldiers surrounding Drake's shield began to fall back down to the ground; the one's pounding against the shield suddenly stopped in mid attack as they began to drop like flies.

Drake lowered his hands watching in amazement. "What's going on?"

Rose's gaze remained on Gina. "She’s halting Carrion's magic."

Carrion watched as his men began to fall one by one. "This can't be…" he said quietly and looked back to the Guardians. There was a girl amongst the group; an Elvin girl he had not seen at first. "I never thought I would…" he allowed his voice to trail off as he turned from the group and his fallen men, and disappeared into the forest.

Gina opened her eyes, her hands falling to her sides. She took in a deep breath. "He is gone now."

"What?" Asha questioned looking around the area. "We can't let him get away!"

"Why are you acting like such an idiot?"

Asha turned to look to Tygra who was returning her gaze with anger. "What?"

"Why did you go charging after him like that in the first place Asha?" Tygra questioned as she walked towards her. "You are no match for him. You were just wasting your energy when you could have been helping us!"

"I would have been able to defeat him if it wasn't for our powers failing, Tygra." She looked to Rose. "Why did they anyway?"

"There was an Elvin woman within the woods. She created some sort of spell which was halting our magic."

Haru looked to Gina suspiciously. "Yet you were able to do the same thing all along?"

Gina looked to the ground. "Yes."

"So why didn't you do anything earlier?"

"I don't know what you are trying to get at," Rose began stepping before Haru blocking his view of Gina. "But if it wasn't for her we would likely be dead."

"It's true I may have done something earlier." Gina said weakly as she looked to the rest of the group. "However, it drains me terribly of strength…I am only an amateur after all." She slowly lowered herself to the ground as she took in a deep breath. "To tell you the truth I am quite sleepy."

Rose knelt beside her. "Would you like to take a break?"

She nodded gratefully. “Yes, I would like that very much.”



© 2010 AJT


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
Added on January 22, 2009
Last Updated on January 26, 2010


Author

AJT
AJT

About
About us: This is about the third one I am under...My name is Sheri and I am writing a series with my friends Bethany and Justine...each of us having our own separate sites as well. However, instead.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by AJT


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by AJT