Chapter Six

Chapter Six

A Chapter by AJT
"

Jade and Asha come across a unforeseen encounter

"

Asha and Jade walked through their section of the woods in their search for Rose. Nearly ten minutes had past and still no sign of their friend had emerged. Jade used her powers of earth the best she could in her search, being able to sense the energy her friends making its way through the energy of the earth. She could feel something coming from this direction which she believed to be Rose, however it was quite weak. She didn't know whether the weakness was do to her own powers or the lack of Rose's. In the back of her mind Jade wished the weakness to be her own because if it had been that of her friend's that only meant something had to have happened to her.

"Did you find where she is yet?" Asha questioned jolting Jade from her thoughts.

She then stopped short throwing her arms up into the air. "Look around Asha! Does it look like I found where she is?" She snapped angrily rubbing the right side of her head.

"Jade, calm down will you?" Asha stated watching her with her arms now crossed over her chest. "I'm sure she's going to be just fine; I was just wondering if you found any signs is all."

"Don't tell me she's going to be fine, Asha!" Jade yelled, throwing her hand down to her side. "You have no idea what's going to happen.  It's only a matter of time till one of us-" she let her voice trail off as her gaze fell to the forest floor.

There was a long pause between the two; each in deep thought. Asha knew where Jade was getting at. And it was true. She didn't want to believe it at all but deep down she knew that one of them could actually die someday. Her gaze then fell to the ground as well as she thought of something to say to her friend to somehow comfort her pain. But found nothing.

"Come on," Jade began looking up to the path before her, "We should-" she stopped short, something catching her eye. "Who are you?"

Asha looked up at Jade's response. About twenty feet before them stood a man with a long sleeved black shirt and blue jean pants. A sword hung from its sheath strapped to the belt of his pants. His untidy brown hair hung loosely around his face, illuminating his dark green eyes which were now locked unto those of Asha.

Asha's jaw dropped her heart nearly stopping within her chest. "Kane…?" She whispered beneath her breath.

Jade looked back to Asha then back to the man. Something's wrong…she stepped back towards Asha. "Answer me. Who are you?"

The man's gaze switched from Asha to Jade briefly before he looked back to Asha. "That's not important."

Asha closed her eyes; they burned against her lids as tears began to form. "What do you mean it's not important?" She opened her eyes revealing fury within her pain stricken gaze. "You disappeared, right out of our house, and you say it's not important on who you are?" She stepped forward angrily. "How dare you!"

Jade glanced back to Asha once more. So this is her brother, Kane. She looked back to the man named Kane whom only smiled at his sister's turmoil. But, why is he here and now of all times?

Kane stepped towards them, his hand placed to the hilt of his sword. "I've found someone rather interesting to follow after."

Asha shook her head. "What are you saying? You aren't making any sense."

"I'm making perfect sense." He said now only a foot before her and Jade. "But, that is all in the past." He held his hand out for Asha to take. "I've come back for you Asha. You're in trouble now, aren't you?"

Asha looked down to his hand feeling her arm outstretching to grab his hand when Jade smacked his hand away as she stood directly in front of her. "You stay away from her!"

"Jade?" Asha questioned unsure of what was happening.

Kane merely smiled at her reaction, taking a step back. "It seems the stories about you are true, Guardian of Earth, Jade."

Asha blinked in confusion. "How do you know of the Guardians?" She looked from her brother to Jade neither of which said a word. "Kane, how do you know of the Guardians?"

"He's our enemy Asha." Jade said bluntly, her gaze not once leaving Kane's. "Whatever happened back then turned him into someone else. He is nothing more than a stranger now."

Asha looked back to Kane, his smile still set a crossed his features. How could that be possible? Everything is the same about him as it had been the day she last saw him! His hair, his eyes, his goofy smile; her brother hadn't changed a bit on the outside, yet Jade said he is no longer the same?

"No Jade." Asha said her voice shaking slightly. "I can't believe that."

Jade's eyes widened as she turned back to her. "Asha!"

"He's my brother! I can't believe something like that about him!" Jade grabbed both of Asha's arms pulling her off to the side, "What are you-" when a black mass went passed them landing on a tree a few feet away. The tree immediately combusted, bursting into what looked to be black flames. Asha's jaw dropped in awe as she watched the black flames. "Why…?"

Kane smiled. "You aren't the only one who can control fire, my darling sister."

"Why!" Asha questioned once again pushing Jade from her path as she went towards her brother with new formed anger and sorrow. "Why are you doing this to me?"

"This has nothing to do with you but with that stone around your neck." He pulled the blade from its sheath pointing its tip towards her. "Now, if you come along quietly," he then looked to Jade, "the two of you that is," he looked back to his sister, "this could go a lot quicker."

"Like hell I will." Asha said with clenched teeth raising her hands out before her summoning a stream of fire which sprayed out towards Kane.

Kane's eyes widened as he raised his arm. Black flames surrounded his arm and as the flames from Asha's fire came into contact the black flames shielded him from her wrath. Asha grit her teeth, throwing her hands down at her sides, unsheathing her sword. Using the flames as cover she leaped into the air, bringing her blade down upon him as the flames cleared. Her sword dug deep into the forest floor below; Kane was no where to be seen.

A shadow enveloped around her casting itself on the ground before her as she turned she saw he had somehow made his way behind her. She brought up her sword, blocking his attack with her blade.

"Nice move." He stated, and then kicked her in the side, causing her to fall a few feet to the left. "But not good enough. Ah!" Kane stooped down in pain, holding the side of his head where Jade had hit him with the end of her spear.

Jade stood before Asha now, her spear drawn and her gaze locked upon him once again. "You alright?" She questioned Asha.

"Uh, yeah." She answered, rubbing her ribs lightly. "Thanks."

Kane slowly stood upright, pulling his hand away from the side of his head to reveal a nasty gash on the side of his head. "Enough of this." He said hoarsely, stumbling forward. "Obviously, though I hate to admit it, you two Guardians are too much for me at the moment." He closed his eyes while stretching his head from right to left as it cracked loudly. His eyes then came open once more as he looked to Asha. "At least I was able to see you again before you die." The darkened flames then emitted from his body swallowing him whole, then slowly burned down revealing nothing in its place.

"What's going on?" Asha questioned, tears coming to her eyes. "Why is this happening to me all of a sudden?"

Jade turned back to her holding her hand out for her to take. "There has been a lot of strange things happening lately Asha. But I wouldn't doubt if this Alester didn't have some hand in this as well."

"But that would mean this was planned years ago."

"It might have been." Jade said turning from her. "Karina said this guy is a lot stronger then Caleb and we both know how Caleb was able to manipulate Drake."

Asha's face brightened. "Do you mean Kane might be the same way?"

"There's the possibility; yes."

She let out a sigh of relief. "That's good to hear. I really don't want to have to…to kill him…"

"Come on, we should be getting back now." Jade turned back to the opposite direction. "The others may be waiting for us already."



© 2010 AJT


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on January 22, 2009
Last Updated on January 24, 2010


Author

AJT
AJT

About
About us: This is about the third one I am under...My name is Sheri and I am writing a series with my friends Bethany and Justine...each of us having our own separate sites as well. However, instead.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by AJT


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by AJT