Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

A Chapter by AJT
"

The castle and the fight with the parents

"

After traveling the rest of the way through the forest, the group now stood before Katrina’s castle; currently the dwelling of the demonic oppressor named Alester. As the group made their way towards the castle, they could see that the structure was made of moss covered stone with huge wooden doors being the only access inside the castle. Thousands of windows lined the walls, each having iron bars placed within their openings. Each bar was set apart so to be barely wide enough for even the smallest of birds to fly between. A set of steps leading up onto a platform were positioned before the doors.

“It hasn’t changed a bit…” Rose said taking an attentive step towards the ominous looking set of dark oak doors before them.

“Alester had only just begun his rule a few days back.” Haru explained stepping beside her. He looked back to the rest of the group. “His sights are set on the destruction of the realms at the moment. I’m sure he’ll embellish his taste onto the castle once he accomplishes his campaign for world domination.”

“That’ll never happen.” Tygra said briskly, her eyes exploring the castle walls. “We won’t allow it.”

“Something seems strange…” Jade said allowing her voice to trail as she surveyed the area warily. “There doesn’t seem to be many within the castle…”

“That is because Alester has complete confidence in his own capabilities.” Gina clarified. “However, he did make an effort to choose a select few to accompany him on his quest.” She turned to the others, smiling wickedly. “But I know where they are stationed within these walls. With me as your guide, we should be able to pass by them with no trouble at all.”

“That’s good.” Asha said fire burning deep within her eyes. “The sooner we get to him, the sooner we can end this.”

“I couldn’t say it any better myself.” Drake said looking to Gina. “Lead the way.”

With a quick nod, Gina rushed up the few steps leading to the double doors. With a brief look back to the others she pulled open the doors and walked inside, the others filing in shortly after.

Inside, there was the main hall with stairs on either sides of the room leading to the second floor. The stairways each came to a stop at a balcony which was covered with vines from years of unwatched growth. There were a set of double doors on the upper and lower levels. The only light that shown down came from the barred windows, making the lower level shadowed in an eerie light.

“We have to be careful.” Gina stated as she walked inside the castle. “There are not just soldiers here. Generals are here as well.”

"So Katsuro should be here somewhere…" Haru said in a hardened tone beginning to walk off. "I'm going to go look for him.

"Wait," Asha began following shortly after, "you shouldn’t go alone-"

Haru turned to her stopping her abruptly. "No, this is something I have to do on my own." He replied smiling slightly. "I'll meet up with you after I take care of him."

Asha blushed slightly at his smile. "A-alright." She stammered. "We'll be keeping an eye out then."

“Come we must be on our way as well.” Gina said, heading towards the balcony stairs.

After entering the door on the upper level, Gina led the group from one hall to another, cutting through rooms to avoid the soldiers lurking about. The others were impressed by her memory of the castle and the placement of the soldiers that they traveled in silent amazement.

The last room they entered, Gina stopped within its center, turning back to them. She pointed back to the set of doors behind her. “This is where Alester spends the majority of his time.” She lowered her hand. “I believe we shall find him there now.”

"You shall not pass through those doors." A deep voice emitted seemly out from no where when Carrion appeared before them.

Gina stepped forward. "Father…"

Rose rushed to her side, placing a hand out before her, watching Carrion with a cautious eye.

Carrion tsked to himself. "We had hoped to have taken care of you before you had found your way to our master," a darkened expression crossed his face as he looked to his daughter, "However; it seems you have found your way before we could properly dispose of you pests."

"You honestly think it would be that easy?" Asha questioned placing a hand to her hip. "We destroyed your army; the one you claimed couldn't be killed!" She laughed. "Truly pathetic if you ask me."

Carrion seemed to ignore her insults as he placed a hand to the hilt of his sword, his eyes still locked onto those of his daughter. "A woman of your heritage shouldn't be hanging around filthy humans such as these." He then unsheathed his sword. "But if you wish, you can die a filthy human’s death."

Rose stepped out before Gina, already unraveling her hook and chain from around her waist. "You guys go on ahead. I'll take care of him."

"Understood." Tygra said walking passed her with the others, briefly touching her shoulder as she passed. "Be careful."

Gina looked between Rose and the man who had once been her father. "No…" her voice crumbled with her protest as she stepped forward. "No, you can't do this! You can’t fight him!"

Drake placed a firm hand onto her shoulder, pushing her away from Rose and her father. “Gina you have to come with us.”

“But, I-” She began, her gaze lingering on Carrion as Drake pushed her from the room and through the now open doors to Alester’s chambers. “Father…”

Once the doors were closed behind her friends, Rose swung down her chain, slicing Carrion deeply across the chest with the hook's blade. He fell to his knees, holding his chest in pain with his sword held down to the concrete floor with the other. Rose came towards him, raising the hooked blade, readying herself with the last decisive attack when her concentration was broken as a figured appeared behind him. Her eyes soon locked with those of Gina's mother, Sakura, and with a swift motion of her hand, Rose was pushed back to the floor with nothing more the Sakura's will. She landed painfully on her back, hitting the back of her head off the stone floor; her weapon landing a few short inches behind her head.

Sakura stepped before Carrion, outstretching her hand for his. "Allow me to assist you my lord?" Her statement was more of a question as she looked into his eyes.

Carrion clasped her hand, allowing her to help him to his feet. "Of course." Once to his feet, Carrion looked to Rose who was groggily sitting in an upright position. He walked towards her, his sword held out before him. Once in reach, he placed the tip of the blade to Rose's throat before she had the chance to stand. Their eyes locked. "You shall die here before your friends it seems." Rose eyed the blade carefully as she felt the floor behind her. The tips of her fingers ran a crossed something metallic and she prayed it was her weapon. But would she have enough time to retrieve it and attack before he attacked her?

A painful scream sounded from across the room. Rose looked back to see Sakura landing on the floor, twisting her arms painfully behind her as smoke drifted from the mid of her back.

Rose gasped as she saw the person who had been standing behind Sakura. "Asha!"

Carrion turned to see his beloved had fallen to the floor. Rose took the chance as she kicked his blade from her throat and out of his hand. By the time he turned his attention back to her; Rose rolled backward, grabbed her weapon, and stood all in one fell swoop. Their gaze locked once more. "Seems I'm not going to be dieing just yet."



© 2010 AJT


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on January 22, 2009
Last Updated on January 27, 2010


Author

AJT
AJT

About
About us: This is about the third one I am under...My name is Sheri and I am writing a series with my friends Bethany and Justine...each of us having our own separate sites as well. However, instead.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by AJT


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by AJT