Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A Chapter by AJT
"

Jade and Asha encounter Ti then release the others may be in the same predicament.

"

Asha and Jade continued to walk on in silence; Jade searching for any signs of her friends and Asha in deep thought about her brother, Kane. Why was he there? What had happened to him so many years ago that he was now in this other realm, this realm that she herself didn’t come to know until a few years before? Was this really all Alester’s doing? If so, did that mean he knew of her becoming a Guardian? And if that was the case, why didn’t he just do something about her then, before she became the Guardian? Why take her brother?

Asha shook her head, her eyes closed. There were too many questions and not enough answers. The only one who may be able to give her those answers was this Alester; her enemy. Would he be willing to answer these questions for her? And if so what would be the cost?

“Asha.” She stopped walking at the sound of her name; her gaze looking from the ground and to that of Jade’s. “Don’t think about it so much. You’re only going to give yourself a headache.”

Asha smiled slightly her gaze falling to the forest path. “It’s easier said then done.” She looked back to Jade, her smile widening. “But thanks, Jade. It helps to know that you are here for me.”

“Of course.” She answered coolly, turning her back to her. “Where else would I be?”

Asha laughed as she watched her friend walked out before her. She was always good to her even though she allowed her sense of humor to get the best of her. A sigh escaped her lips as she followed after her, her hands placed to the back of her head as she walked; her worries no longer seem to bother her for some strange reason.

“Asha!”

She looked up in time to see Jade raising her hands then quickly throwing them to the sides. Asha felt herself become light as she was raised from the ground and thrown off to the side. A painful groan escaped her lips as she landed on top of the bush, the branches scrapping her tanned skin, leaving scratches in its place.

She groaned once more as she looked to Jade whose back was now facing her. “Wh-what did you do?”

"You idiot." Jade said quietly. "You have got to start paying more attention to your surroundings." She faced Asha her face was now drained of all color and she was holding her stomach tightly with her right hand.

But as Asha studied her more closely, she realized that Jade wasn't holding her stomach at all. Instead she was holding the hilt of the dagger; the blade deep in her stomach. "Oh God Jade!" She cried standing hastily to her feet. Jade raised a bloody hand stopping her from coming closer as she pulled the dagger out with her other hand. She looked down to the blood soaked blade, mesmerized.

A sound of a twig snapped causing Asha to look to her right. Within the woods stood a figure leaning against one of the trees, watching her. She swallowed, forcing herself to calm herself down. “Who are you?” She stood out before Jade holding out her arms, summoning what energy she could into a tightly woven ball of fire.

The figure pushed itself away from the tree, walking towards her carefully. “I am Ti, one of the great commanders of Lord Alester’s army.” His gaze fell to Jade. “If you don’t mind, I’ll be taking back my dagger then the three of us can go meet with Alester.” He smiled arrogantly. “I’m sure he’d like that very much.”

Jade looked up to him before throwing the blade off to the side. “Like hell we’d go with you.”

Ti laughed confidently to himself. “Suit yourself.” He placed a hand to his hilt, unsheathing the blade. “This will be an easy battle.”

Jade looked to him coldly then smiled slyly at him. "I wouldn't be too sure about that." Her eyes began to glow a golden-brown as she stared off into the distance.

Ti launched forward, slashing down on Asha once in reach. She ducked down out of the way in time to miss the blade; however Ti kicked her in the side causing her to fall painfully to the ground causing her to release her summoned energy at once. But he didn’t stop there to finish his attack. Instead he continued his pursuit on the already wounded Jade.

"Jade!" Asha cried but before she could move from the forest floor she saw Jade smile. But it wasn't actually a smile. To her, it seemed more like a snarl, as if she were bearing her teeth.

As Ti unsheathed his sword and brought it down to strike her she moved swiftly aside revealing behind her a grey wolf. Ti was so surprised by Jade's swiftness and the wolf's appearance he was off guard. And in that spilt second of his lost guard the wolf lunged and ripped out his throat in a bloody mass of flesh. Ti’s body effortlessly fell to the ground as he stared lifelessly up to the clouded sky.

Jade looked at the wolf, her eyes were no longer glowing. She smiled sweetly at the wolf. "Thank you for your help." The wolf gave her a curious look before running off into the forest.

"H-how did you know there were wolves in this world?" Asha asked now standing beside her.

Jade's smile left her face. "I didn't."

"What do you mean you didn't?" Asha asked nastily. "You must have known otherwise it wouldn't have come."

Jade brushed passed her and continued to walk down the path past Ti’s corpse holding onto her stomach painfully. "Let's just go."

"Jade," Asha began running up to her. "You should heal yourself-"

"I'm fine."

"No you're not!" Asha cried pulling on her friend’s arm causing her to stop. "There's no way you're ok! You're still bleeding!"

"It'll stop." She replied beginning to walk away.

"Jade! What's wrong with you?" Asha yelled angrily clenching her fists angrily at her sides.

"What's wrong with me?" Jade yelled turning back to Asha. "What's wrong with you? I'm not the one so ignorantly walking through enemy territory!" She came towards Asha stopping right before her. "That was a stupid thing to do." She said in disgust.

Asha clenched her firsts tighter at her sides. "I'd watch what I say if I were you! I'm not a child!"

"Then act it." Jade said coldly.

Asha tightened her fists. "I swear Jade…I swear I'm gonna-"

"You'll what?" Jade said through clenched teeth. She tightened her grip on her stomach as a jolt of pain went throughout her body. "You'll hit me?" Jade laughed, and then glared at her daringly. "I dare you. See how far you get."

Without warning, Asha swung out at her but missed as Jade stepped to the side. Jade then slapped Asha hard across the face, causing her to fall backwards onto the ground. As Asha went to stand, Jade kicked out her left leg, and then spun around quickly, retrieving her spear from its holder. She twirled it once before slamming the end at Asha's knee.

Asha winced as she awaited the pain to greet her. It didn't. Once she opened her eyes, she saw Jade smiling down at her, leaning heavily against the spear which had made an impact in the soft dirt just beside her knee. Asha looked up at her wide-eyed.

Jade turned, spear in hand, using her weapon as if it were a walking stick. "Your temper is another thing I'll have to work on."

Asha stood up walking slowly behind Jade. They remained silent for a little as they slowly walked down the path.

How can she possible walk with such a wound?

Asha studied Jade closely as she walked attentively before her. She did save my life…I better apologize… after a few quick steps forward; Asha was now walking beside Jade. “Jade, I’m sor-”

"Don't Asha. You don't even have to say it." Jade snapped not bothering to meet her gaze; her face pale and pain stricken.

"But I'm…" Asha tried again as she placed her one hand to Jade's right shoulder. As she did, Jade suddenly cried out in pain and fell to her knees. Asha knelt down beside her, worried. "Jade!" But she didn't answer her as she held her hands to her head. Her head ached horribly now, tears streaming down her face. “Jade, what’s the matter?”

She then lowered her hands, slowly as if in some sort of trance. “Something is happening.” She said quietly as she ran off towards the woods.

“Wait!” Asha cried getting to her feet.

“Something is happening to the others! There in danger!” Jade hollered continuing her pace down the forest path. “We have to get to them before it’s too late!”



© 2009 AJT


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
Added on January 22, 2009


Author

AJT
AJT

About
About us: This is about the third one I am under...My name is Sheri and I am writing a series with my friends Bethany and Justine...each of us having our own separate sites as well. However, instead.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by AJT


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by AJT