Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

A Chapter by AJT
"

Its not over just yet

"

 

Tygra, Drake, and Haru stayed where they were for quite sometime. The thought of everything finally coming to an end…overwhelmed them.

The door leading to the main hall slammed shut startling the three from their thoughts. They looked to see Rose and Asha coming towards them. The two girls’ gaze locked on Alester’s form before them.

“No way.” Asha said. “You guys defeated him without us? I thought Katrina said he was harder then that?” The three looked to her crossly. “W-what, did I say something wrong?”

“Hey,” Rose began looking around the room. “Where’s-” her hands flew to her mouth in shock by what she saw. “Gina!”

She rushed forward kneeling beside her. “W-what happened to her?” She rolled her onto her back seeing the gaping wound within her chest. Rose’s gaze shifted back to the others. “But she, her parents-”

“Where’s Jade?” The group looked to Asha as she came towards them. “Where is she?”

Drake’s gaze sank to the floor as Haru’s shifted to the side. Tygra closed her eyes, pointing towards the throne. Asha pushed ahead of them before seeing Jade lying motionless on the floor a few feet before the throne, her eyes shut.

Asha’s jaw dropped as she stumbled back, landing hard on the floor her legs giving way beneath her. “N-no…no that can’t be!” She buried her face in her hands.

Rose remained where she sat unable to move, her gazed locked on Gina. When she first entered the room she found that Gina was dead. She never would have guessed that Jade… Was that even possible? That not just one of them but two had…died? She bit painfully down on her lip biting back an oncoming scream.

Tygra lowered her hand to her side, taking in short painful breaths as her tears streamed down her cheeks. She had no time to mourn her friend’s death when Alester lived, but now she found it easy to weep openly before the others. Silence fell over the room. Each lost in their own thoughts. Everything had finally come to an end, yet not in the way they had anticipated; that they had hoped.

A low groan came from the back of the room; everyone seemed to be frozen where they stood. They couldn’t have heard that, could they? They each turned towards the back of the room, Asha and Rose unconsciously standing to their feet. That’s when they saw it; an absolute miracle.

There slowly sitting upright, was Jade, the breath of life once again in her lungs. Not one of them was able to do a thing as Jade stood to her feet before them, brushing her clothes free of debris. She turned to them her eyes narrowed. “What’s with all the surprised faces?”

Tygra was the first to move. She walked towards her at a steady pace and once close enough smacked her hard a cross the face.

Jade stumbled back slightly off guard. She placed her hand to her cheek. “What was that for?”

“You’re lucky she did it.” Jade looked up to see Drake coming towards them. “If she hadn’t I would have.”

Jade watched the group questioningly. “What’s going on? Why are you guys all shaken up?”

Tygra and Drake exchanged glances. “What’s the last think you remember?” Drake asked.

Jade looked to the floor thinking hard. “I took the stone from Alester…and…” her eyes narrowed placing a hand to her healed chest, “He stabbed me?”

“Yes.” Tygra said. “Jade you were dead.”

Jade looked to her, then off to the side shaking her head. “No,” she raised her right hand which remained clenched. “I remember summoning that crystal I took from Alester.” She opened her hand yet nothing was there. “But I-”

“That stone is a demonic stone.” Haru said coming forward with Asha and Rose. “It has been passed down through the generations of a noble family when Caleb set his hands on it then Alester.” He pointed to her right hand. “Upon your death, the stone made its way into your body reviving you.”

“So you mean that stone is inside me?” Jade questioned a hand to her stomach. The thought of having the same stone inside her that had been inside Caleb and Alester made her utterly sick.

She soon felt warm arms drape around her. “I’m so glad you’re alive.” Tygra pulled back smiling sweetly. “I just wish you had told us your plans!”

“If I had,” Jade began with a smirk,” Alester would have retrieved the stone.”

“She’s got a point.” Drake said with a smile hugging her.

“She always has a point!” Asha said being the next to hug her.

Rose smiled weakly as she stepped towards Jade. “I’m glad you’re alright.”

Jade laughed lightly. “You look it.”

“No, no! I am.” Rose said hugging her. “I only wish,” she pulled back, looking to Gina. “Things would have worked out differently.”

The group fell into silence once more as if each were making a silent prayer for their fallen friend. Asha was the first to speak. “We should head out. There are people waiting for us.”

Tygra narrowed her eyes. “Who?”

“Gina’s parents.” Rose said quietly. “Alester played the same head game with them as he did with Gina.” Her gaze fell to the floor. “I’m only sorry we couldn’t bring Gina back with us.”

“Seems like something that b*****d would do.” Drake said taking one last look at his lifeless form. “Luckily we’ll never have to see his face again.”

“We should get going.” Asha said walking away from them.

“Wait!” Rose said stopping her. “Shouldn’t we take her with and bury her at least?”

She felt a firm grasp on her shoulder. She looked to her left seeing Jade. “We’ll allow her parents to do that. I believe that would be the right thing to do in any case.”

Rose nodded rubbing her eyes free of new tears. “You’re right.”

“Of course I am. Now let’s get out of here.”

“Not so fast.”

The group turned back to Haru who stood where he was, his arms crossed before him her staff within his grasp. “I have something to ask you, Guardian of Earth.”

Jade turned to him fully. “Yes?’

Haru smiled. “How about when everyone is all rested, you and I have a duel?”

“A duel?” She questioned, a brow raised.

“Yes, a duel.” He threw her spear and watched as she caught it easily twirling it a few times before sliding it back within its holder. “That is if you are up for it.”

Jade smiled. “I’d gladly kick your a*s anytime.”

Haru merely laughed as he came forward patting her lightly on the shoulder as he passed. “We’ll see about that.”

Jade watched the others as they turned as well, expressing their cheery moods in their own ways, by smiling or chatting with one another. She was happy that her plan had worked out the way it had. Regret was with her as far as Gina. She was a good girl only wishing to save her parents. However, Jade believed she was happy now that her parents were safe… no matter where she was now.

She stepped forward intending to follow the others when her right hand began to ache horribly causing her to cry out. The others stopped and turned their confused gazes locking on Jade whom held her hand tightly with the other.

“Is something wrong?” Rose questioned stepping towards her.

“Y-yeah. M-my hand just hurts, that’s all.” She then sucked in a deep breath falling to her knees as a sharp pain ran up her arm to the side of her neck and into her head. Her eyes watered as the pain grew worse, the others quickly surrounding her.

“Jade?” she heard vaguely as Tygra knelt beside her. “Are you alright?”

 Yes, are you alright?

Jade’s eyes widened in fear. That voice…she had heard it before…from that time Tygra had been wounded and when she fought-

“Alester!” She cried out painfully her hands on either side of her head.

“Alester?” Drake questioned looking to where his lifeless form lay. “He’s dead-”

“Er! No!” She screamed now hitting her temples with the palms of her hands. “He’s…he’s in my mind! He’s in my-”

Too late…

Jade stopped her shouting abruptly; her gaze distant from everyone.

“Jade?” Tygra said searching her dilated eyes.

Her pupils shrank, then grew, then shrank back to normal size before her gaze switched back onto Tygra’s. She smiled. “Not anymore.”

Tygra jumped to her feet backing away as Jade stood before her. There was something strange in her eyes; in her tone of voice…that was not Jade!

Jade turned from them walking back towards the center of the room. Her eyes locked on Alester. “Seems like you really did a number on me.” She laughed a deep throaty laugh.

“Alester?” Asha questioned stepping forward. “No, that can’t be!”

“Oh, but it is.” She said turning back to them. “And now that I have her under my control for certain this time,” She raised her hands, “I shall destroy you all with her power!”

Everyone readied themselves for the impending attack. The floor beneath them rumbled faintly then stopped abruptly. Jade looked to her hands. “Seems as though her powers will take some time getting use to.” She turned from them laughing quietly to herself. “Very well. I’ll let you live…for now.”

“No wait!”

“Stop!”

“Please!”

“Jade!”

The group rushed forward hoping to get to Jade in time. However their efforts were in vain as Jade’s body erupted into black smoke leaving nothing in its place.

They each watched on unbelieving and hurt at what had just happened. Their life long friend, ally in arms, a Guardian, had just been taken by the enemy… and possibly never to be seen again.




© 2010 AJT


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on January 23, 2009
Last Updated on January 27, 2010


Author

AJT
AJT

About
About us: This is about the third one I am under...My name is Sheri and I am writing a series with my friends Bethany and Justine...each of us having our own separate sites as well. However, instead.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by AJT


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by AJT