Chapter 1 - Genesis

Chapter 1 - Genesis

A Chapter by Little Sparrow

 

Chapter 1

                `

I am running in the woods. I want to remove on my mind all the things that happen today. I never thought he would do that to me. My older brother and sister had chosen their own mate. But why not me? I know that some other packs use mating as seal in alliances but I didn't think it would happen to me.

 

Earlier time of  the day, I was sitting on the porch of the cabin. I just got home from a run with my best friends and their mates. Nina, a she-wolf who has soft dark brown fur when she is wolf form. Her mate, Raul, is a good guy. Even though I am not that close to him, I know he loves my best friend so much. Anne, my other best friend, has soft black mixed with grey fur. Her mate, Patrick, is close friend of mine and is the one I grew up with. He has dark chocolate brown fur.

 

I was so happy from our run when the secretary of my father came and called me, "Miss Caitrin, your father wants you to be in the Assembly Room now." I replied, "Am I in trouble?" She replied, "I'm sorry, but I don't know why he wants you to be there."

 

I walked towards the Alpha House. It is where the Alpha and his Betas and their mates live. The Assembly Room is downstairs at the basement. It is also used as a room for parties, meetings and all.

 

My father, Gunther, was our pack's Alpha. We live in East part. There are some packs in North, South, and West. Each pack has an Alpha and two Betas. An Alpha is the leader of the pack. A Beta is the trainee for being an Alpha and the assistant of the Alpha.

 

When I entered the Assembly Room, I thought I was in trouble because I saw the Elders there. But when I saw another group of Elders, I knew I wasn't in trouble. Maybe it's the alliance thing again, but why am I needed here? I'm not interested with these things. I also saw my older brother and sister there. I wonder of what will happen because they seem so serious.

 

When my father saw me, he said, " There you are! Gentlemen, this is my daughter, Caitrin..", he said as he put his left arm around my shoulders, "Caitrin, these men are the Elders of the pack in the north." "Oh, they came to meet you?" I asked innocently. "Yes, me and... you" I was shocked then I asked, " Why me?". My father said," Caitrin, they came here to rebuild our alliance with them. Dan, the Alpha of the North, died in an accident. They now have a new Alpha. My friends here think that a new Alpha means new alliance. So, you are to mate their Alpha. He is willing to be mated to you. This is Kane."

 

A man, very toned, six foot and three inches in height and has very warm amber eyes, stepped forward. "Nice to meet you, Caitrin." I was shocked with the events but I croaked a hello. An Elder of ours said, "We arranged a wedding for both of you here in the Assembly Room and prepared a cabin for your mating. Tonight." I was shocked. "Tonight? But..." I stopped because my father was looking at me sternly. "Okay, " I said, "But allow me to go for a run in the woods, without any accompaniment". My father replied with a growl, "No! Don't think of running away because...", my father stopped talking in the mid-sentence because Kane put his hands on my father's shoulder. "It's alright. I allow her to run because I trust her completely. So you must allow her too." Kane looked at me and said, "Just be careful and don't go too far from the territory." My father nodded at me and said, "Just get back home after an hour for your wedding. I will tell Sarah to prepare your things needed for the wedding." Sarah is my nursemaid since I was a baby. My mother died after giving birth to me. My father never had another mate again.

 

I left the Assembly Room with mixed emotions. I was shocked, scared, and angry at the same time. I walked into a bush then phased into my wolf form. I run and run, trying to sort things out in my mind and forget all crazy things that happened earlier. I thought of running away but I have no money and besides, Kane trusted me, even though he doesn't know me.

 

I am running, completely out of my mind, that I didn't notice that a wolf attacked me and knocked me down to the ground. I began to fight the assailant. Snapping and rolling, I kept trying but it was no use. I stopped fighting and began to remember some proof of my attacker. The wolf has shiny black fur and I can sense he's male. Even though he attacked me, I think his fur is perfect match for mine. The wolf let go of me, then I phased into human form. The wolf also phased to human form. I was in shock. The wolf was Kane.

 

"Hey! Why'd you do that? And I thought you trust me." I said, pretending to be hurt. "I do." he said," But I know you would be running with mind not thinking what kind of way you're going through because you are thinking about what happened earlier. And if you're going to escape, I would let you go wherever you want. But I stopped you because in few yards, you are going to step on a pair of traps set by the humans." I looked on the way I supposed to go. I notice there are really a pair of traps. The ones who are sharp enough to snap the bones in two. I gulped. If he didn't stop me, I would be a three-legged wolf.

 

I turned and looked at him. He nodded and said, "Come, let's go home." We phase into our wolf form again. While on half-way going home, I stopped running. He stopped too. "Why? What's wrong?". I replied, "No, nothing's wrong. I just I want to thank you saving me, I mean, my leg." He grinned and said," It's nothing. It's soon to be my job of keeping you safe."

 

Then I said, "Can we walk home in human phase?". He grinned and replied, "Sure. I mean, if you want to." I nodded and grinned. Then we phased into our human form and began to walk home. I didn't notice that I began to watch him. This man, who is a complete stranger to me, is to be my mate. I studied his features. Dirty brown hair, amber eyes, and toned body. He has what every woman is looking for in a man. Good looks that comes with good attitude. When he looked at my direction, I hurriedly looked away. I can tell he's intently studying me, too. I pretend not to notice.

 

 



© 2012 Little Sparrow


Author's Note

Little Sparrow
Please ignore grammar.. :)) and put reviews and comment if you like.. :))

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on August 31, 2012
Last Updated on August 31, 2012
Tags: werewolves, love, fantasy, fiction


Author

Little Sparrow
Little Sparrow

Madrid, Spain



About
Hello, my name is Abrianna. I was born in Madrid but I didn't grew up there. :)) I love to smile, sing, text, laugh, have a good time, and be with my loved ones. Most importantly, writing! I discover.. more..

Writing