Chapter Three ~ The Dark Boy

Chapter Three ~ The Dark Boy

A Chapter by Allison

~Angel's POV~

In the morning, I woke up to the sound of people yelling at each other. "Go away! Go to one of your weird friends' house!" Laylie ordered rudely.

"No, I don't have to!" her brother yelled back.

Laylie huffed, and I came out rubbing my eyes and asked, "What is going on?"

"Angel, you're up! I'm sorry, did we wake you?" she asked.

"No, you did not wake me up," I replied kindly.

"Oh, yeah, we need to get you into new clothes!" Laylie said excitedly.

"Pete, come and eat breakfast!" Pete's mother ordered from the kitchen. Pete went to eat, and Laylie took me to her room and ran through her closet.

"Hmm..." she said looking carefully. After a minute or two, she finally found something. "Ah, here we go!" she said smiling. I looked at what she was holding: a long white shirt with a few pretty designs on it, and black capris. "And you can wear these shoes," Laylie said looking down at a pair of slip-on sneakers.

"Okay," I approved.

"Okay, go in the bathroom and change into them quick. I will go and start eating my breakfast in the kitchen. Come once you're done," she told me, then left to eat.

I put the outfit on, slipped the shoes on, and went to the kitchen.

"Oh my, Laylie, nice choice in clothing for the young girl!" her mother said smiling.

"Haha! Thanks!" Laylie said. 

We ate our breakfast, and left to go visit one of Laylie's friends. "Do you like the outfit, Angel?" Laylie asked smiling.

"Yes, thank you, it is very nice," I said looking at her and smiling.

"It makes you look like an angel really!" Laylie said with a small giggle.

I looked ahead of us to see a boy walking toward us. Thinking it was Dylan, I thought it over that his house is the other way. I looked closely and noticed it was the boy from the cafe. I gasped and stopped walking.

Laylie noticed, looked at me and asked, "What's wrong?" She looked to where I was staring and saw the boy, too. "Who's that? Do you know him?" Laylie asked. I turned around and started running. "Wait! Angel, where are you going?!" Laylie yelled and started chasing behind me.

I turned to look back at her, but I saw the boy running right beside me. "Hello, Angel," he said with his usual smirk. I tried to push him and make him fall, but it failed. He grabbed me and ran somewhere.


~Laylie's POV~

"Wait! Angel, where are you going?!" I yelled and started chasing after her. I looked back to see the boy about to pass me, but he turned and smirked at me. Doing that, he pushed me down and I fell on the curb. I slightly heard "Hello, Angel." I huffed at the pain and looked up to see him carrying Angel and running toward the baseball field. I got up and thought Who was that? I need to go find Dylan and quick! I looked down at my legs to find one all scratched and bleeding, but I ignored it and started running for Dylan's house. I ran the three blocks to his house as fast as I could. Once there, I ran up his porch and knocked on the door.

His mom answered, "Oh, hey, Laylie!"

"Hi...is...Dylan here?" I managed to breathe out.

"Yes. Ah, You're bleeding, here-" she started, but I cut her off saying, "I need him now, please."

"Oh, okay," she said then turned to see him walking down the stairs.

He noticed me, ran to me, and asked, "What's wrong Laylie? Where's Angel? You're bleeding!"

"She was taken by some dude. He pushed me on the curb and I ran here as fast as I could," I said as quickly as I could.

"What?! Where did he go?" he asked wide-eyed.

"I think he went to the baseball field," I answered.

"Mom, I'm going with Laylie. I'll be back later," he told his mother. Then we ran down the porch and toward the baseball field. Once there, we saw him and Angel sitting on the bleachers.


~Dylan's POV~

"Him," I said under my breath.

"Ah, hey, boy!" he said yelling toward me.

"What is going on? Why do you keep taking her?" I yelled back at him. He jumped off the bleachers, unsheathed his sword from his side, and started walking toward me slowly.

"He has a sword?!" Laylie asked in shock, but soon fell down in pain and grabbed her bloody leg.

"Laylie go home," I ordered her.

"No, I'm staying here!" she said, standing back up.

"Fine, then stay right here," I said, giving in to her or we would just argue, and we really don't have time for that. What should I do? I thought and looked at Angel. I looked back at him, and he was still walking slowly toward me. At that moment, I decided to go and get Angel out of here. I sprinted toward her, and she yelled at me, "Stop, Dylan!" Then all-of-a-sudden the boy showed up right in front of me, stopping me in my tracks.

He looked at me with evil eyes and said, "I don't think so." He took the grip of his sword and punched me in the stomach with it. I fell to the ground in pain.


~Angel's POV~

"Stop, Dylan!" I yelled. The boy's gotten the upper hand for having a sword. I watched terrified as the boy punched Dylan in the stomach. I had to do something, but I was no match against him. I looked at Laylie who was injured and guessed he hurt her earlier when she was with me. I watched the boy with his evil eyes hovering over Dylan, who has fallen to the ground, and he looked as though he was going to finish him off. I have to do something! I thought quickly. So I jumped off the bleachers and ran into the boy as hard as I could with a grunt. We both landed on the ground.

"Get up, Dylan!" I yelled holding the boy down as long as I could. I watched Dylan closely, and he started to stand up slowly. By that time the boy pushed me off of him yelling, "Get off!" I sat up quick to see him with his sword right at my face.

"Who are you?" I heard Dylan ask.

"My name is Albert. I've learned all of your names with you yelling them around," the boy said calmly and smirked. He then quickly looked at the sky for a moment, then said, "Hmph, I've got to go, but I'll be back." With that, he put his sword back in his sheath and disappeared.



© 2013 Allison


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

372 Views
Added on November 10, 2009
Last Updated on September 25, 2013
Tags: angel, demon, God, satan, life, death, fear, panic, love, hate, fight, chosen, faith, one, boy, girl, sword, action, Christian, Christianity


Author

Allison
Allison

PA



Writing
The Lost The Lost

A Poem by Allison