chapter 11

chapter 11

A Chapter by Brenden

As the white light begins to fade I can start to see my surroundings, I notice I'm at the base of a mountain. I can’t even see the top of the mountain it looks as though it’s breaking through the clouds. I guess I have no choice but to start climbing if this war is to come to an end.

 

 

 

As I start climbing I start picking up all sorts of scents from the vamps and some giants yet I'm not sure if it’s a lingering scent or if they are actually here, it seemed as though their whole army was attacking us so I can’t imagine ill encounter to many vamps here but any I do find won’t go down that easily, if they are staying back possibly with Alucard then they have to be strong. And I can’t even begin to imagine the amount of traps they'll have waiting.

 

 

 

As I start going up I notice a path, this has to be a trap right there is no way there'd be a strait path leading to the top with nothing in the way.

 

 

 

I was right.

 

 

 

Not even 10 feet into the path an di already sprung a trap, a tripwire that sent a log hurdling towards me, I managed to get out of the way just in time, how did they get it to move that fast. These trip is not going to be easy not in the slightest god damn it. Well maybe I can sniff out some traps and avoid them further down the line yet I doubt they'd make it that easy to detect. I go over to the first trap I sprung and smell it just to get the scent. It worked I can already smell a few more a little further up. Well now that I can detect the traps I can avoid them and get up this mountain in no time. I hop over a tripwire only to land on another trap, a pitfall, I managed to catch myself before falling in as I look down I see spikes, and... it looks like they're tipped with silver what the f**k....I reach up to grab a branch of the tree close by to pull myself out and as soon as I do I spring another trap, knives are shot towards me, I got hit in the leg, f*****g hell these are tipped with silver as well this won’t heal nearly as quick as an ordinary wound. These vamps are smart I won’t be able to rush up the mountain unfortunately. I just hope my kin can beat the vamps that are attacking. Should I have stayed and helped? This may take too long I won’t have backup and I can’t provide them with backup either. I can’t think about that now it’s too late to go back I NEED to kill Alucard.

 

 

 

The traps are getting harder and harder to detect and dodge the further up I go, I still can’t see the peak yet I feel as though imp about halfway there.

 

 

 

There actually seems to be less traps here now their actually isn't any but the stench of vampire is strong this was defiantly a camp or something for them. I have to try and be as quiet as possible there may be a few stragglers left or even vamps that intentionally stayed behind knowing some of us would come here. Every so often I stop and listen to the sounds of the mountain, and check for any new scents. There’s nothing new but the stench of vampires is all over the place.

 

 

 

After a while the stench of vampires begins to fade and that's where I get nervous why is there scent vanishing what's going on, could they just not have been in this area of the mountain? Out of nowhere there it is again and it smells like its right behind me. Next thing I know I’m airborne. There’s vamps here they knew I’d come. I regain my composure and land safely in a defensive position until I can pinpoint where they are, there's a weird mist that just started appearing out of nowhere and it’s dense, too dense. Did the vampires make this? Can’t worry about that right now they eliminated my sense of sight and my sense of smell is working to well either in this mist, I only have my sense of sound to help me now hopefully it’s enough.

 

 

 

They know I’m on guard so they won’t waste any movements and the chances of them making a mistake and giving away their position is practically zero. I manage to find a tree to back against hoping to eliminate one avenue of attack. I think I’m going to need to transform that attack hurt and I could tell that it was holding back, and I have no idea how many there are. As I start to transform I get attacked and sent flying again. They aren't dumb enough to let me transform but they also aren't just attacking right away, are they stalling me for something? Maybe I can trick them or it still don't know how many there are. I try to transform again and as expected I’m sent flying again but this time it’s the opposite side I’m attacked from. They kept moving forward I think I got em. I face the way I was attacked and make it look like I’m going to transform and as predicted it goes for the attack I heard the footstep just in time to quickly counter I don't know if it was fatal since it kept moving but now I have some of his clothing from my attack maybe this will help me sift through the scents and find it. It’s definitely injured I have a piece of flesh is my hand. Seems like it was his arm. I try again to transform in hopes that there is just the one, oh boy was I wrong there is about three of them. This isn't going to be easy and idk if I can stay in this fog much longer its getting hard to breath. I need to do something though.

 

 

 

I try to run and find the end of the fog yet it seems like it goes on forever, yet they only attack when I try to transform. They have to be stalling or maybe they know they can’t take me in my wolf form. Either way I need to find a way to transform. Maybe I can do it after I get hit. I decide to give it a shot I star to transform and get launched again while in the air I quickly recover and transform. I did it

 

 

 

After I transformed I noticed that the fog got denser they’re getting nervous now I can tell. I jump as high as I can to see if there is an end to this fog and there is yet up here I can see the top of the mountain and there is a building really close to the top. I also realize they are using the clouds around the mountain to create this dense fog. I land and quickly start running towards the peak of the mountain they were trying to slow me down they still try to attack and while it does hurt it’s not enough to hinder me. after a while I’ve had enough and managed to grab one of them I bit his head off and then severed his limbs and tossed them behind me, after this the fog starts to lift and I can see again. I guess vampires do feel fear as well.

 

 

 

I’m almost there the building is within reach but it’s huge. I have to keep moving though I can’t waste any more time. just as I’m about to open the doors they burst open and a fist follows and hits my snout and sends me flying back that was probably the hardest punch I’ve ever felt is it Alucard? From the doorway emerges a vamp although it doesn't seem like Alucard he isn't a vamp to mess around with.

 

 

 

"Ah well if it isn't the little mutt come to avenge daddy" said the figure

 

 

 

"Who the f**k are you?" I yell

 

 

 

"that is no way for a child to be speaking, ah but of course you’re a mutt so I can’t expect you to be civil I guess, yet since you asked allow me to introduce myself, my name is Vlad direct descendant of Dracula and the one who killed your poor daddy."

 

 

 

Enraged I lunge at him but he easily dodges me, I keep attacking yet cant land a single blow.

 

 

 

"You won’t be able to touch me if you keep moving so recklessly mutt" said Vlad

 

 

 

"IM going to kill you" I scream

 

 

 

"Maybe you might but as it is now you can’t even touch me" says Vlad

 

 

 

He’s right I need to calm down if I’m going to be effective against him he’s nothing like any vamp I have faced before. I have to think about this but how do I analyze him without getting myself killed?

 

 

 

"come now little wolf don't look so discourage I’m not going to kill you yet I want to have some fun first. come on attack me lets see if you can land a blow."

 

 

 

"well since you asked so nicely who am I to tell you no"

 

 

 

He definitely could have killed me so why hasn't he yet? I have to be somewhat of threat to this guy if not the war is lost. Yet for him to just play with me it’s infuriating. But it does give me a chance to find out how I can beat him. I should've brought backup with me. We proceed for a minute of him just dodging every attack I have.

 

 

 

"You’re starting to bore me kid." says Vlad

 

 

 

He took his hands out from behind his back it seems he may start attacking now. As he swings I notice that he attacks allot slower than he’s able to dodge. The bunch hit and my left arm is shattered. His attacks are insanely strong and his dodging speed is amazing. But he doesn't attack nearly as fast as he can dodge. Here he comes again for another attack and it’s easy for me to see yet I know I can’t block so I have to dodge it. I managed to get out of the way. He’s starting to full on assault now yet he’s nowhere near as fast as he was when I was attacking is it some sort of ability shifter or something? I decide to try and attack him before he’s able to land a blow the first punch hit and seems as though it did allot of damage yet my follow up shot barley did anything... can he amp up his defense as well? If this is true I can only attack him when he is attacking me otherwise he’ll be able to defend or dodge too easily. We spend about a minute going back and forth and he seems to be getting tired yet so am I how much longer is this going to go on and where is Alucard is he here? I have to end this now he can only use one attribute amped at a time. I won’t be able to break his defense and matching his speed is no easy feat but his attacks are slow but insanely powerful. I wonder how long he can amp one attribute is there a time limit, I have to see I lunge at him hoping for him to use his defense or speed attributes. He uses speed so I keep attacking and he keeps dodging after about a minute of strait attacking and dodging I land a blow. So it only lasts a minute. I continue to push Vlad to his time limit in defense and speed he can’t switch that quick and he can’t afford to switch while I’m attacking since it takes about five seconds to switch what he has amped. After about three times of doing this my final blow knocked his head clean off yet I don't think that’ll be enough to kill him somehow. I retrieve his head crush it and eat it. Then I go to his body and throw it down the mountain I think that should do it not like he can regrow his head right.

 

 

 

I get to the entrance of the castle and quickly realize I need time to recover if I’m going to have any chance of facing Alucard especially on my own. Yet this thing is huge I’m not sure how long it will take to find him. I decided to rest for 20 minutes I find a place to hide and revert back to human form to make it harder to detect me. I go back outside and hide in the snow here I can rest quickly before my final battle.



© 2019 Brenden


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on December 11, 2019
Last Updated on December 11, 2019
Tags: wolf, werewolf, vampire, vamps, allucard, vlad