Old Friend

Old Friend

A Chapter by Big_Mac

The two look at one another as the night was silent and john’s screams could no longer be heard. Chris looked into the yellow eyes of the wolf, as he knew that he wouldn’t get away. Chris smiling as he watched the wolf made the first move and stepped left, as he did so Chris stepped to the right. The two started to circle each other slowly as each waited for the other to make the first move. Finally Chris stopped and with one breath said

 

"Catch me if you can." and with a flash Chris was gone and the chase began. 


While running through the wood he could hear the steps of the wolf closing in and knew it wouldn't be long before he was caught. With the fore of what felt like that of a Mac truck, hit him from the right side and Chris feel to the ground and tried pin the wolf to the ground as the fought.  Chris felt the wet dew from the ground soaking through his shirt, as he looked up at the wolf whose teeth was showing. After a few moments the wolf looked as if he was smiling, and then ran off behind the trees. 


Chris sat up. “You know you shouldn’t just sneak up on a person like that." he said as he got up 


"Well if you'd be more on your toes and not stalking hunters in the night, you would have fought better." came from behind the trees and out walked his old friend James.


Chris cannot believe he is seeing James for the first time in almost 5 years. It's kind of a shock, but also a sense of happiness to see a familiar face. But, he can't help but wonder why he is here in the small-town of Louisiana. They head back to Chris's house so that they will be out of the woods and away from the Hunter and not have to worry about anything. They walk into the garage where Chris opens the refrigerator and grabs both of them a Coke and he tosses one to James. James catches it with no problem kind of smiles as he knew that Chris through it harder than necessary.


 "I see you still have the car. Can't believe you're actually still trying to modify it to go even faster.” James said as he takes a sip of his coke and then starts to speak again. "So why are you following the hunter? I mean I know that you're not the type that's going to actually kill anyone or drink their blood so what's the deal?"


Chris, laughed as he looks at James." I'm following him because, I figured hell; I found out who he was so I need to see what kind of Hunter he really is. Plus I heard him arguing with someone down the street.  Angry Hunter going out to the woods you never know what he's capable of out there. But what I'm more curious about is what you're doing here? I haven't seen you in about five years and not that I'm complaining but it's kind of mysterious why your here." 


James looks at Chris and pondered for a moment. He puts the Coke down on the workbench that is in the garage and begins to talk.


“I’m not supposed to tell you, but all the alphas in the community have been hearing things about what's going on down here. Now I know you and your dad are extremely different from your kind. But lately there have been some killings here."


Chris" woo wow wow what are you talking about killings? Are you serious? And you guys think it's us?  I can't believe how you can...”


James cuts off Chris extremely fast." No we don't think it is you two  doing it but I think it's someone that's following you.  I mean haven't you noticed anything going on in the last seven or eight months?" James asked.  


Chris thinks back and tries to place something that's going on. But he can't quite think of anything and then it hits him.


"I remember one thing but I thought I was just being silly maybe it was a person that broke and then I came home and scare them off. It's when we were living in Colorado but I'm not sure if it's really anything. I came home one day early from school because I was frustrated with the damn people there and I heard something upstairs, so I went up there and my window to my bedroom was open and the only thing I could find missing was a necklace that I had. But it had no real value it wasn't even real.  It was just some that I bought." Chris said. 


James though for a few minutes before saying anything. 

"I don't know, but there is a lot of crazy stuff going on and I'd be careful if I was you." 


Then there is a howl of a lone wolf and James has to go. The two of them walk out the garage and to the back yard, just talking about when they were living in Montana and the local kids taught them about cow tipping. 


"Tell your dad I said hi, you know he still owes me $50 for that saints super bowl win." James tells Chris. 


Chris laughs as he watches James run off into the woods and then morphs into the large wolf. Chris looks up at his balcony and with ease jumps and grabs the rail. Pulls himself over and goes into his room. What he didn't know was that Valerie's bed room faced Chris's balcony and she saw everything. Quickly closing the blinds she puts he back against the wall and her heart is racing. "What the hell did I just see?!?!" 



© 2012 Big_Mac


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on August 14, 2012
Last Updated on August 14, 2012


Author

Big_Mac
Big_Mac

St. Amant, LA



Writing
False Angel False Angel

A Poem by Big_Mac