Morphine

Morphine

A Chapter by Big_Mac

As the two boys went their opposite ways, the school was already a buzz with what has happen between them. Valerie was sitting in her math class once she heard about the confrontation between Chris and Jeremy. Valerie was upset to hear about how Jeremy was acting towards Chris on his first day and knew this wasn't going to be the end of it. As lunch time came around Valerie found Brittni and the two of then took their normal table in the corner to talk. As Valerie started to eat a carrot she was telling Brittni what she heard. 


"All I know is that Chris and Jeremy were about to fight, and if Mr. Saxon hadn't stepped in to stop them it would have been bad.” Valerie said as Brittni stole some of her carrots. 


"I never understood why you dated that jerk to start with; I mean he never did anything but hurt you ." Brittni told her as they ate. 


"Well not in the begging he wasn't a jerk, truthfully he was really sweet and caring. He only started to get like this when we got it to the party scene, and he started doing drug. That was the main reason I ended things between the two of us." Valerie said. After a 20 minutes the bell rang for lunch to be over, during the rush to make it back to class Valerie looked across the lunch room and even down the halls for Chris, but he was nowhere to be found. The second half of the school day went by without anything happening. All Valerie could do was thinking of was Chris and where he disappeared too. At 2:30 the final bell rang and Valerie met up with Britt at her car which was a black Ford mustang with red racing strips. As the girls got in the car they spotted Chris across the court yard on his cell walking to his car and wondered who he was on the phone with. As Chris gotten the car he threw his phone in the back seat in anger, then stared the car, and turned the radio up load as the chorus of "Another way to die" by Disturbed began to play. Before the girls knew it he was out of the parking lot and speeding down the road. 


"Wow he seemed pissed." Britt said as they started to drive to her house.


 It took only 10 minutes to reach Britt's house to drop her off, and Valerie then headed home. The weather was still beautiful and clear out as she drove home and it help her think clearly about what she thought about Chris. Within a few minutes she was driving down her street and passed by Chris house and saw his car but he was nowhere to be seen. She kept driving as she went past three more houses and then pulled into her drive way. Valerie's house was a modern style and a large two stories with a white paint job including blue shutters. As she got out the car and looked at the house she stopped from going in. Looking at the house she knew what waited for her inside, her father asking questions and wanting to know if she saw anything worth reporting. Thus house was not s home, and was nothing more than a house of lies; Valerie shut the car door and walked around the house to back yard and down to the bayou. She didn’t want to deal with her father’s questions yet today and started to walk up stream and saw the fish in the water along with some turtles. After walking for only a few minutes she started to hear something off in the distance. It sounded like a guitar playing, but it wasn't coming from a radio. She started to fallow the sound and it lead her right to Chris back yard and there he was on the balcony with just his dark ripped jeans on and a acoustic guitar across his body. Valerie's jaw dropped at the sight of his toned body, and watched as he sat and strummed the guitar. Valerie walks around to a large oak tree to hide and still watch. Chris was strumming and toning to get the sound he wanted. Chris started to play and soft rock melody and began to sing.  



“ I wear these sins as lines across my face , Retracing the years that I cannot replace, 


 Constant reminders are all that I see, My own reflection keeps laughing at me 


 I haven’t felt the way I wanted in far too damn long , I still give into my vices knowing that its wrong   


 (Melody gets a hard rock sound and Chris sings and plays with more aggression) >  > 

Not even Morphine can kill the pain , increase the dosage but I feel the same  

 

Like I’m dead inside yet still alive, and blood left in my veins ,


Nothing I won’t try just stay alive, I’ll do anything it takes , Just kill the pain 


Just kill the pain!


 (Melody gets softer and so does the singing) 


Its indecision countered by my fits, Your words of wisdom still flow apron the fits


Just cause your hearing me now it doesn’t , Mean you know so don’t turn to me  


 My friend cuz even this is another damn song , You can never understand!


(Melody gets a hard rock sound and Chris sings and plays with more aggression) 

 

Not even morphine can kill the pain , increase the dosage but I feel the same 


 Like I’m dead inside yet still alive ,The blood runs in my veins  


Nothing I won’t try to stay alive , I’ll do anything it takes just kill the pain,  


Yeah just kill the pain !


 (Chris play’s as stomps around and is lost in the music) 


 (melody gets softer along with his singing) 

 I wear these sins as lines across my face, retracing the years that I cannot replace 


 Not even morphine can kill the pain!, increase the dosage but I feel the same  > 


Like I’m dead inside yet still alive , the blood runs in my veins  


Nothing I won’t try to stay alive,  I’ll do anything it takes  


 Just kill the pain yeah just kill the pain…


 As Chris finishes the song he takes the guitar off and throws it to the floor as the song brings back the memory of Laura and he sit on the floor of the balcony with his head in his hands as the voices blame him for everything. Valerie watches this and sees that he is hurt and her heart goes out to him the whole time she watched it felt as if she was lost in a world that wasn't hers too see. Just as she was going to go to him she had her name being called by her father. As she started to back away she watched Chris and saw the pain inside him. With her final glance at Chris she could feel the pain radiating from him.  



© 2012 Big_Mac


Author's Note

Big_Mac
Please know that I have to write this story on my iPhone due to the fact my fingers don't work properly because of my disability and I apologize for any spelling or grammar errors. Also the song is called morphine by digital summer. I ask you listen to it as you read the part where chris is play the song. Thank you and have a great day :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well if I wasn't reading this on my phone at work, I'd be crying(and probably in a lot of trouble) I felt Chris's torment, that's what tugged at my heart the most and how Valerie is so willing to help him. You haven't lost your spark with this story and I hope you keep going with it. I want to read more.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 22, 2011
Last Updated on August 14, 2012


Author

Big_Mac
Big_Mac

St. Amant, LA



Writing
False Angel False Angel

A Poem by Big_Mac