Chapter 1-The First Day of High School

Chapter 1-The First Day of High School

A Chapter by ApplesAreAmazing
"

Dedicated to Tiana, who was the first person to enter my story. Also dedicated to Krystal, whose bubbliness can always make me smile.

"

RING!! RING!! RING!!

Ugh. Who was calling me so early?

RING!! RING!! RING!!

I grabbed the phone from the side of my bed.

"Hello?" I asked. Tiana's voice blared from the phone.

"EVA! GET UP! Where are you? Didn't we agree that we were going to meet by the flagpole 45 minutes before school started so we could catch up? It's the first day of school, for goodness sake! I bet you didn't even get out of bed yet!"

Well...she got that part right.

"EVA?!?!?"

"Oh, yeah. Sorry. I was just....OMIGOD, IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL?!"

"Yeah!!" Tiana yelled.

I quickly glanced at my calendar. How did this day come so fast? I could've sword that school was supposed to be in two weeks. 

"GET OUT OF BED AND HURRY UP! Krystal and I are waiting for you."

"Yeah, hurry up," Krystal's voice chimed in.

"Okay, okay. I'm coming," I replied. I groaned. If only I had slept an hour earlier.

15 minutes later I was headed downstairs.

"Bye Mom, bye Lily!" I shouted as I swiped a doughnut from the pastry box my dad had gotten for us. He was a police officer.

"Bye, sweetie!" Mom said from upstairs.

"Bye lil' sis!" Lily shouted. She was so lucky she had school in an hour.

I ran to school with 10 minutes to spare.

"EVA!!!" Tiana and Krystal shouted, "over here!!"

As I approached, I saw that Tiana had bleached her black hair to have highlights in it again. She changed her haircut, too. Her hair fell in bouncy waves. She had also grown a little. Other than that, she looked exactly the same, with her great fashion sense and painted nails. She was texting someone profusely, which I suspected was me. Krystal had gotten another haircut and changed her glasses frame. Her face was more heart-shaped. She had also gotten a different bag to hold her school supplies in, but that wasn't unusual for Krystal. She was bouncing up and down impatiently and curling her hair around her finger, which meant that she was nervous.

"Eva, you took so long to get here, we were getting worried," Krystal said innocently. We all knew there was nothing to worry about. I was always getting to school just in time.

"HOW COULD YOU BE SO LATE ON THE FIRST DAY OF HIGH SCHOOL?!" Tiana shrieked.

"LOWER your voice, Tiana! I'm not late at all. In fact, I'm five minutes early." I replied smartly.

"Humph. Whatever, girl. Let's get to class before we get detention on the first day," Tiana said.

We entered the building and slid into our seats. I eyed the people around us nervously. Looks were very deceiving. I had had my share of tripping and falling because of  people. Luckily, we weren't sitting next to anyone suspicious looking.

"Hey, look at those guys. They are definitely jocks," Krystal said.

Tiana glanced at them and immediately said, "I didn't know they were your type, Krystal."

"What?!?" Krystal shouted, "Of COURSE they're not! I just think that they're going to cause trouble."

"Ohhhh..." Tiana said, "Good point."

Just then, the bell rang. The teacher rapped on her desk.

"Attention, class," she said, "my name is Ms. Plurmington, and I'll be your instructor for first hour. She had the kind of voice that floated around you and showed that she knew what was going on.

"It's very nice to meet you all, right now I am handing out a list of supplies you will need when you're in my class the next eight months. You must have these supplies by Friday, or you will have detention."

Wow, teachers are really strict here.... I thought to myself I hope she doesn't give me detention if I get an answer wrong.

She made us stand up and introduce ourselves to the class with one fact about ourselves.

"Umm..my name is Eva. Something special about me is that I don't like chocolate ice cream."

"Why not, Eva?" Ms. Plurmington asked.

"Uh...it just..tastes too chocolatey," I said.

"All right, you may return to your seat. The next person is.." she trailed off.

"Tiana," Tiana supplied.

"Yes, Tiana."

It seemed like first period went on and on. I kept hearing people say things like, "Seriously? Who DOESN'T like chocolate ice cream?" and "How could she not like chocolate ice cream?" until I felt like shouting "WHO CARES? IT'S MY OPINION, NOT YOURS!!" The bell felt like a lifesaver.

Tiana went to language arts, while Krystal and I went to history. It was better than homeroom, because we didn't have to say anything. The first day of school took forever to end.

"Well, at least you're done with one day," Krystal said, "only 179 more to go."

"Wow, that makes me feel so much better," I said sarcastically.

"I know!" Krystal grinned. She was always so optimistic. Tiana and I were more like pessimists. That kind of evened things out.

"Well, I'll see you guys tomorrow!" I said to Tiana and Krystal.

"See ya!" They called out in unison.

I started walking down the street to my house. I was a second too late in seeing that someone was right in front of me and I walked right into them. Oh great. It was one of those guys from first period.



© 2013 ApplesAreAmazing


Author's Note

ApplesAreAmazing
© BurningEmbers(ApplesAreAmazing)2013, All Rights Reserved

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

⊰ℛℛ⊱
"She was texting someone profusely, which I suspected was me."
This statement is a little confusing. She just spoke with her on the phone. Yelled said get up and stuff and she's dashing out the door horfing on a donut, then she's texting her ? Won't that make her even later if she stopped to respond to it ? Just a little odd bit in the story there.

Not seeing and spelling or grammar issues that come immediately to mind. Looks good. Very clean and almost manga-driven speech style. Very emotional, loud, and friendly. :)

What are the supplies needed or you get detention ? I'm kinna a detail-oriented fellow and like to know these things.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ApplesAreAmazing

10 Years Ago

I'll try to make that statement clearer when I re-edit this, thank you. Some teachers are really str.. read more
dw817

10 Years Ago

From what I remember of detention it was boring as all get out. Fortunately for me I had a calculato.. read more



Reviews

⊰ℛℛ⊱
"She was texting someone profusely, which I suspected was me."
This statement is a little confusing. She just spoke with her on the phone. Yelled said get up and stuff and she's dashing out the door horfing on a donut, then she's texting her ? Won't that make her even later if she stopped to respond to it ? Just a little odd bit in the story there.

Not seeing and spelling or grammar issues that come immediately to mind. Looks good. Very clean and almost manga-driven speech style. Very emotional, loud, and friendly. :)

What are the supplies needed or you get detention ? I'm kinna a detail-oriented fellow and like to know these things.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ApplesAreAmazing

10 Years Ago

I'll try to make that statement clearer when I re-edit this, thank you. Some teachers are really str.. read more
dw817

10 Years Ago

From what I remember of detention it was boring as all get out. Fortunately for me I had a calculato.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
1 Review
Added on June 8, 2013
Last Updated on June 21, 2013
Tags: Chocolate Ice Cream, High School, Eva, Tiana, Krystal


Author

ApplesAreAmazing
ApplesAreAmazing

CA



About
I've never done anything like this before, but here goes: My name is Eva, and I'm 12 years old. I really love music and I can sing all day, even if people don't like my singing. I don't judge peopl.. more..

Writing