Chapter 5-The First Meet

Chapter 5-The First Meet

A Chapter by ApplesAreAmazing
"

I tried to make this chapter longer, but I think it's the same length as the other ones...=/ Enjoy!

"
On Thursday, we all met up after school in front of the gym. It took the guys forever to get there, so I was just reading my book and Tiana and Krystal were talking when...BOOM!!! Someone threw a basketball right at my book. Good thing I had been grabbing the book so hard or it would've flown at my face with the basketball. I looked up angrily. Who would do such a thing? Well, I was gonna give them a piece of my mind! Krystal and Tiana looked so shocked, so I grabbed the basketball and swung around. Guess who it was? Yeah. Bad Timing Guy and his pals.
"Who threw that?!?" I demanded. When none of them answered, Tiana pointed to Bad Timing Guy. Well, then. I threw the basketball really hard at his stomach.
"OWWW!!!" he exclaimed, "What was that for?"
"That was for throwing the ball at my book and my face," I said angrily.
"Well, there was no harm done," he said.
"Yeah? LOOK AT MY BOOK!!" I screeched. There wasn't really anything wrong, I just wanted to make him feel bad. I quickly put it away.
"I didn't see anything..." he started.
"That's because I put it away because I don't want you to cause any more damage to it!!" I yelled.
"OKAY!!" Krystal stepped between us, "Now that we've got that settled, where do you guys want to go for the project?" We all looked at each other.
"Let's just go to the park," one of the dudes said. I realized that I didn't know any of those guys' names.
"Hey, what are your names?" Tiana asked, "I can't go anywhere with strangers." LOL, Tiana you stole my words! I said to her mock angrily in my head. I found out that one guy's name was Justin, the other was Steve, and Bad Timing Guy's name was Eric. Whatever. I still think "Bad Timing Guy" suits him better.
"Okay!" Tiana said when she was satisfied, "Let's go."
When we got to the park, I immediately started climbing the huge spider structure.
"What are you doing?" Bad Timing Guy asked.
"What does it look like I'm doing?" I called down. I was at the top in seconds.
"She always does that," Tiana told him. You could see everything from up there. The hills, the treetops, everything was so beautiful, especially when the sun was setting. This had always been my special place every since I was nine. Nobody really came up because it was too high up for their taste. Sometimes Tiana and Krystal would come up, but they'd leave within a few minutes. I realized someone had been calling my name. I looked down. Krystal was flailing her arms wildly, trying to get my attention.
"What?" I asked.
"We need to talk to you about the project!" Krystal hollered.
"Fine," I grumbled. Turns out, they just wanted me to get down because they didn't have any ideas about how to do this project.
"We just have to be ourselves, then we just observe the other group. We get 30 minutes, they get 30 minutes," I said.
"Who wants to go first?" Justin asked. Tiana, Krystal and I looked at each other and nodded. Patience was a virtue. Plus, we might get extra time.
"You guys," we said in unison.
"Whoa, that was weird!!" Steven said. I sighed and started climbing the spider structure again. They started asking me what I was doing.
"I can observe better from up here!" I yelled, nearly to the top. Luckily, they let me stay up there. Krystal and Tiana unexpectedly came and joined me there. Once they were reassured that they weren't going to fall, they started to relax. The guys were just playing with their basketball. We started brainstorming what we were learning about them. We came up with: play basketball, don't really talk, 1/6 times they miss a shot. All in all, it was a very educational day. Then, it was our turn to have fun. We sat down and played cards, truth or dare, and borrowed water guns from some kids and tried to shoot each other. When we had to give them back, our half an hour was up.
"So what'd you learn?" Tiana asked.
"You guys act childish when you're not in school," Steve said.
"Oh," Tiana replied. It was getting a little awkward until...
"How about we play basketball with the time we have left?" Bad Timing Guy asked.
"Yeah! Guys against girls!!" Steve said. We glanced at each other.
"You're on," Krystal said. We had actually been in a summer basketball camp together and we still remembered the plans our coach had drawn on the layout. We won by two points thanks to Krystal stealing the ball and making a basket on the last minute.
"WHOO!!" I screamed joyfully.
"That was AWESOME!" Tiana shouted.
"It was all of us together!" Krystal said. I had to roll my eyes at that one. It was so Krystal.
"We were going easy on you," Steve said.
"Yeah, we didn't want you guys to get hurt," Justin said nonchalantly.
"Suuuuuuuuure," Krystal said, and stuck out her tongue.
It was only 4:30, so we decided to get some ice cream. I got a strawberry bliss, Tiana had a mint blizzard, Krystal had a strawberry cheesecake, Steve had a cotton candy, Justin had a vanilla cone, and Bad Timing Guy got two scoops of CHOCOLATE ice cream. I didn't say anything, but in my head I thought, How can he eat that? That's so much chocolate. He glanced at me as if he could tell what I was thinking and said, "Want some?" I made a face and politely declined.
Dinner came too soon. I didn't eat much, but it was really good. After dinner, we watched "The Host" which was based on a book by Stephenie Meyer. It was pretty good. Maybe I should read the book, I thought to myself. I spent the rest of the night finishing "The City of Bones". "City of Ashes" was next.
All of a sudden, I got a text. It was Tiana. It said: I’m booored!! In reply, I said: Go to sleep, Tiana. =P A message flashed: I can’t, I have to tell you something important tomorrow. It’s about Krystal. That got me curious. I quickly texted: Okay, sure. I’ll meet you tomorrow. She wrote: ‘Kay. Be there early. I wondered what could be so important about Krystal that Tiana couldn’t go to sleep. Well, I guess I would find out tomorrow.


© 2013 ApplesAreAmazing


Author's Note

ApplesAreAmazing
What do you think Tiana found out? Remember to Comment and Review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
Added on June 10, 2013
Last Updated on June 10, 2013
Tags: Eva, Krystal, Tiana, Teen & Young Adult


Author

ApplesAreAmazing
ApplesAreAmazing

CA



About
I've never done anything like this before, but here goes: My name is Eva, and I'm 12 years old. I really love music and I can sing all day, even if people don't like my singing. I don't judge peopl.. more..

Writing