Ch. 3: Phantom versus Warden

Ch. 3: Phantom versus Warden

A Chapter by C.A.Jordon

Revenant code: chapter 3: Phantom versus Warden

          “We will fight but not in the world of demons”, phantom declared. “Phantom Are you sure about that, one should not flaunt ones pride without dealing with the percussions that come with it. Phantom just stood there with sword in hand. “Well, mortal what do you have to say for yourself?” Phantom still stood there stoically. “Well, I asked you a question phantom.” “Talk means nothing in the battlefield demon,” Phantom said with a condescending look on his face. “Are you seriously looking down on me? How dare you mortal, I am a demon which makes me superior to you fool!” the demon said in rage. He swung his giant right fist down to strike Phantom. Phantom ran up Warden’s arm until he stopped at his shoulder. Phantom bended his knees with a power full lunge which enabled him to launch of his shoulder into the realm of the living. The chains of decay tried to stop him. Phantom severed each one of them with his ghost blade. The chains of decay are a security tool of Tartarus. They keep the ‘unwanted’ from escaping them. Phantom is a revenant so he was a part of both worlds. That is because revenants are not living nor are they dead. They are the true definition of immortality.

          Warden also went to the living world. Warden’s body crashed through an almost abandoned ruin. A couple of bandits made their home but now flee. Once the rubble fell and the dust cleared, the souls were crying out. His blade was a ectoplasm blade. The faces of the fallen would surface for their desire for vengeance. Phantom was stuck in the underworld for a hundred years. Phantom would slay demons who wanted the souls for themselves. It was a slow process but phantom  succeeded in obtaining ten thousand souls of the innocence. 

          “I do not know what you were trying to prove by coming here but I will be taking you back Phantom”, Warden declared. “I am afraid not warden. You are a demon and I am a revenant in the human world. You will die her by my blade I shall smite you where you stand.” Phantom looked at him like he was an ignorant child. “So, you do look down upon me you will pay for that Phantom!” the demon swung his fist down like a mighty hammer. Dust filled the area. “Something is not right, I felt contact but I still feel he is still alive.” At that moment he realized his fist felt as if it was being held up.

          The dust cleared and it was revealed. Phantom was holding up the demons fist with one hand. “How can this be I am a great demon,” I told you will not be taking me to the underworld. It is true you reign supreme in the world of demons, but  in the world of man is my domain. The sooner you accept that, the less your humiliation will be.  

“Surrender now or die a fool’s death.”

 “Who do you think you are? I am the warden of the underworld, and I have never let a prisoner escape me. You are out of your mind if you think I am going to start!” “Then so be it. I shall slay you so you can learn of humility,” Phantom declared  

          “What? A human is looking down on me, the warden of the underworld!” the Gigas opened up its large jaw. Purple energy began to glow in its mouth. This light was taking on a spherical shape. This energy would normally give mortals an irrational felling of fear. The giant creature was channeling his demonic energy. The energy was twisted and horrific.

          Cheryl was in the shrubs observing the fight. This twisted demonic energy was setting off a sense of terror unlike anything she felt. Cheryl has never been terrified of anything, but this energy horrified her. She noticed the young man with silver hair was not even flinching.

          Phantom was staring the creature down. It was not courage that was in Phantoms eyes, but it was like he was not able to fear at all. The creature shut his mouth for a few seconds then he released the blast of demonic energy. It raced towards Phantom at an excessive speed. Phantom swung his sword and repelled it behind him. The blast of energy exploded behind him in mid-air. Warden looked at the effortless defense Phantom demonstrated. 

“Do you see now demon? I have no equal in the world of the living. Well, almost no equal. There is still Wraith in this world of man. So, I implore you; do not get in my way.”

 “I am still the warden of the underworld, and you are still on the list of damned souls.”

 “Look again you fool.” Phantom said with a no emotion. Something was forming in Warden’s right palm. Black smoke started form into a large book. The lock on the book disappeared in black smoke. The book opened independently. The pages started to turn by themselves straight to the ‘P’ section.  A Name appeared on the third page of the ‘P’ section. “It is right here; Perseus Vahn Estaban; How do deny the book of fate?” Warden said as the book vanished in the darkness. “I am not Perseus I am Phantom, a Revenant Knight. If you insist on this persistence then I will send you back to the underworld, by force.” Phantom said while pointing the tip of his sword at the monster. “I have enough this mortal, you die now. The demon swung his right fist straight down.  The shock wave knocked Cheryl down, “that… thing is strong as hell.” There was dust screen as thick as fog on a spring day in the mountains. “See? You foolish little zombie knight, I crushed you into the ground.” There was a silhouette in the cloud of dust. Phantom was running up his large arm once more. His cloak was floating behind him as he was running up his arm. It was flowing like waves at the beach. His sword was pointed not quite down but angled. Warden raised his right arm (the arm Phantom was running on). With his left swatted phantom as if he were a fly. It knocked him down crashing to the ground. The ground was still soft from when the rift opened. Phantom got right back up. There was an imprint of his body on the ground which was a definite sign how high he fell from but yet, unscathed.

          “What the hell? That should have killed that idiot,” Cheryl thought to herself. “Whoever this boy is, he is not human.” She thought aloud. The demon tried a lower left hook. Phantom switched to a one handed guard with his sword. The hook was coming in fast, Phantom switched the sword from the flat of the blade as one would when guarding. He twists the blade just before the claw connected. The hand pasted right by him. “What how did I miss?” asked warden. You did not miss this I promise you.” The demon felt a sharp pain from his left wrist. When the demon looked he was missing his hand. The blood flood and started to kill to plant life around him. The blood flowed black like ebony. “The weapon that a ‘revenant Knight Uses is the sharpest weapon of all weapons. This is because it is forged from souls into an ectoplasmic material that is unearthly or simply a weapon of hell. This weapon is a ghost blade,” explained Phantom. “You mortals always gloat about you superiority over us demons. You insignificant specs do not even live as long as us. Warden balled his right fist; he slammed his fist on the ground. The force caused a large shock wave much larger than the first. This time phantom did not wait for the dust to clear. He was charging at full speed on his right arm. Phantom ran towards the creatures shoulder. Phantom stopped just before he made it to the top of the beast’s bicep than jumped straight swinging his shoulder in sequence. The right arm was severed cleanly from the creature’s joint. The blood spewed as its arm felt to the ground. The creature howled while he noticed Phantom getting ready to land. Phantom landed on the creature head. He was staring the demon in was staring at Phantom dead in the eyes. Phantom switched to a one handed  thrusting position; with one jab he impaled the demon right between the eyes. The creature howled with the retest of agony. Phantom pushed the sword deeper and deeper. Eventually the demon fell. The creature hit the ground with the force of a great earthquake. The thick dust clouds that came forth were like a great sand storm. Cheryl raked her eyes, to see that the demon disappeared in what look like flame. The dust eventually cleared and she saw him, Phantom just standing there; gazing at the ground. The sword started to retract into the handle made out of off white bones.  h pun the handle as he clipped to his belt. A breeze began to pick up and cleared the rest of the dust. In this breeze his cloak looked almost as if it were dancing to celebrate his victory against such a monstrous foe. 

          Cheryl had an eerie feeling and felt the need to look down at the shrubs where she was observing the battle. The shrubs were withering away. When she looked up the youth with the strange sword was gone. She noticed though the demon was gone his blackened blood was not. The creature’s blood was killing the entire forest so she made a run for it.  The trees were collapsing around her, barely missing her. She ran her fastest. It was almost as the trees themselves wanted to die in peace. She saw the exit just ahead of her. The trees were about to fall upon her, around her. Her chest was burning from the sprint. Cheryl was far from out of shape but she did not pace herself. “Damn, I am gonna die by bark. This is just downright humiliating.”  The trees were just inches from crushing. She then felt someone tackle her; this knocked the wind out of her. If she would have expected it would not have been so bad. The person let her go and reached out with a right hand. She looked up to find it was the swordsman with the strange sword. Cheryl welcomed the thought. When Cheryl grabbed his hand it felt cold and clammy. “His hand it feels like corpse’s hand." When she got up she dusted off her pants. “Thanks a bunch swordsman,” She said. He stood silent towering above her. He had semi-long silver hair is eyes were crimson. She gazed into these eyes she got the same feeling she got when she would gaze at roses or a nice dress that she would only put on for occasions. She got a calm feeling from looking at him. His skin was pale almost gray. He stood a head above her. He wore a jet black cloak. Part of this cloak covered his mouth and most of his nose. Under the cloak he wore a brown tunic with three crisscross threads. He wore an armored belt with a clip where the sword would go. His boned handle was placed on that clip. He wore leather pants along with brown leather travel style boots. The man’s tunic had no sleeves. she was able to see he was well built. The warrior was not too big in the arms where it would slow him down. He was big enough to hold his own against an ogre and small enough to challenge an eastern warrior. He looked towards her direction. Cheryl was not sure why but her face grew hot. “Am I blushing that’s weird I never blush,” she thought to herself. “Phantom…” Cheryl was not sure what to say. She was at loss for words for the simple fact that she had no idea what he meant. “That is my name, I am Phantom,” he added. Oh sorry ‘bout that, names Cheryl,” she responded.  “Your name is Cheryl, as in Cheryl Gauntlet?”  

“Yeah that’s me, but we just met how the hell you did you know that?”  

“I know your father, he wanted to send his regards.” She noticed that he had a gauntlet covering his left arm, but she could tell it had to be gauntlet technology. She knew he was telling the truth but was not sure how to respond to it. “Hey phantom, you got a place to stay for the night.” “no I do not nor do I have any funds to pay for a room.”

“Well I might be able to help you out with that. I work at the inn I am sure if I ask they will give a room for free at least for the night. So what do you say Phantom?”

“I may not have any other choice but to accept that request.” So they headed towards the town.



© 2013 C.A.Jordon


Author's Note

C.A.Jordon
ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the dialogue, etc.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i liked it. and am waiting for the next chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
1 Review
Added on September 22, 2011
Last Updated on September 3, 2013


Author

C.A.Jordon
C.A.Jordon

Barstow, CA



About
Hey,everyone... i've reading over my stories and jesus my grammer is terrible. I am going to go over them and do lot of editing. so i apologize, i just so into my stories I forget the basics. I am now.. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by C.A.Jordon