9. Edwin's Sleeping Pods

9. Edwin's Sleeping Pods

A Chapter by Apocalyptic Kitty

Edwin is a dream cube, the only destination all fairies can access without any kind of invitation using the fairies' door. There are three dream cubes. Edwin for relaxation, and Fox and Benny for entertainment. However, Edwin has also been taking care of entertainment ever since Fox and Benny started acting unpredictably. The two dream cubes for entertainment took a liking to discharge about half of the fairies in them to the void now and then, which made the fairies disconnect Fox and Benny from their door.  


The fairies never bothered to build replacement dream cubes for Fox and Benny. They have never had any other entertainment dream cubes, and they were the only kinds of entertainment dream cubes the fairies wanted. The fairies were attached to Fox and Benny, and Edwin knew this, so they kept their new responsibility of entertaining the fairies a secret because they feared that they wouldn't be accepted as the fairies' new entertainer.            


Edwin made modifications to themself so they can entertain the fairies and was cautious not to make them explicit. It is tricky to point out what exactly changed about Edwin because their sleeping pods are meant to be blank canvases ready for customization. There is nothing inside the unoccupied pods, and consequentially, what Ines and I saw in the pods with our heads in what looked like a big gaseous egg the first time we were at Edwin, was nothing. It was while we were fully inside the pods, with our feet touching the ground, yellow letters appeared before us. For Ines, it was: Would you like to claim Edwin-38b95? For me, it was: Would you like to claim Edwin-38b96?         


Ines and I accepted to claim our sleeping pods by writing yes in the space, with a yellow pen that faded into existence. After we claimed the pods, they asked if we would like to connect our pods, and we agreed. Upon the agreement, Ines emerged in my nothing as I did in hers, and our yellow words and the pen faded away. Our pod wanted us to decide where we would like to visit, and the pod’s recommendation was Marley’s glass dome. Our nothing morphed to look and feel like Marley’s glass dome, and this time our pod spoke to us, “Marley’s glass dome is the most relaxing dome in Edwin. It is built by Marley the sand fairy”.



© 2020 Apocalyptic Kitty


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
Added on June 12, 2020
Last Updated on June 12, 2020
Tags: science fiction, scifi, fantasy, fairy, fairies, dark fantasy, novel, fiction, adventure, dark, space, planet