10. Atlas

10. Atlas

A Chapter by Apocalyptic Kitty

Marley’s glass dome is in Atlas, a planet where the giants used to live. The dome is larger than anything else on the planet because it is built over the smaller things the giants built. A few fairies told me that the giants were not as big as people make it seem. The giants liked to surround themselves with small things, and because they lived in seclusion and only communicated with the outside indirectly, they appeared very big compared to what’s around them.


The glass dome was originally built by the giants to create an ideal environment for farming heart fruits in Atlas. The heart fruits grow on a purple snake tree, which got its name from having big purple leaves with sharp jagged edges oozing with the same venom carried by the purple snake. This tree only grows in warm temperatures and bears fruit when the tree is just below the temperature of boiling water. Atlas is a cold and dark planet not suitable for growing purple snake trees, so the giants built the glass dome and filled it with hot steam to promote the growth of the trees. Then they planted as many purple snake trees as they possibly could in the dome.


After the giants disappeared, Atlas was left empty and the glass dome with a heart fruit farm was abandoned until Marley claimed it. She chopped off a good amount of purple snake trees in the dome and built a triangular glass container around each of the remaining trees with hot steam filling it. Afterward, she made inside of the dome feel like the rest of Atlas, cold and dark, and planted flowers that had been growing outside the dome.


There is only one kind of flower that grows in Atlas’ natural environment, and they are called real dreams. This flower has big and circular red or blue petals, and its stem is thin and long. It has a wonderful scent like coffee but a bit sweeter. Smelling this flower can make you drowsy, which is something to be wary of because falling asleep near these flowers will result in a vivid dream that can’t be distinguished from reality.



© 2020 Apocalyptic Kitty


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on June 15, 2020
Last Updated on June 15, 2020
Tags: scifi, science fiction, fantasy, fairy, fairies, dark fantasy, novel, fiction, adventure, dark, space, planet