Chapter 1: The Five Myths

Chapter 1: The Five Myths

A Chapter by Kane

In 2045, a middle school team caused a huge uproar.The team itself wasn't incredible, it was their starting five. Those five players were so good, that they were called the Five Myths. They defeated the twenty year long reigning champions with a ninety point difference. Now, it could have been, that the team was the worst team to defend the title, but that wasn't he case. The coach had said before and after the match, that the team was the best team he had ever trained and that he didn't care about the outcome, that he was confident in their skill and so on. After the team had won the nationals, everyone expected them to defend their title. But they weren't there. They didn't show themselves in any competition, until the high school nationals.

 

 

Crow was sitting next to Max. He looked out of the window while Paul was building a card house. The teacher ignored a sleeping Oz and then a hand shot up. Sam was raising his hand and then asked: "Hey teach, may I go to the toilet?" The teacher sighed and threw he hall pass to Sam who caught it and ran straight out of the classroom. After a few minutes Sam came back and sat back down. Suddenly, the teacher got really pissed at Crow, who didn't even do anything, and then asked a question whih had nothing to do with the topic at hand: "Who are the main gods in the Greek, Roman and the Scandinavian mythologies?" "Zeus, Jupiter and Odin," Crow replied, still looking at the clouds. The teacher gave up and said: "Get out, all of you. Have an early lunch break, but Crow, next time, you lose." After the weird class, Oz, Sam, Max, Paul and Crow walked to the cafeteria. Once they had their lunch they put their trays on a table and started playing Black Jack. Crow was banned from playing since he ha gotten a hundred straight wins. While the others were playing Crow looked at his phone to see if he had gotten any messages. He scrolled through his emails after he saw that he had no messages. His email account was full of coaches who wanted to hire him, Oz, Paul, Sam and Max. Crow deleted them all and then looked at the clock in the cafeteria. "Guys, we need to go," he said. Oz brought away the empty trays and Paul packed his cards. Crow walked out of the school building followed by the others and passed a basketball court. A ball flew towards Paul, who caught it and then threw it in a weird angle at the basket. The ball hit and the people who were playing looked at Paul amazed. Paul though, didn't bat an eye and continued to follow Crow. They headed towards the chemistry wing and slept through science.

 

 

The bell of a different school rang and girls stormed out of the building. All of them were pretty, but one of them in particular was eye-catching. She had long wavy blonde hair and pale blue eyes. The sun was setting and she walked towards the school gate. At the school gate stood a boy with jet black hair and coal black eyes. The others coming from the school stared at the boy while going out, but he ignored them. Suddenly, the girl stopped in front of him and asked: "Why are you here, Crow?" "Your mom asked me to escort you home because it was dark and she thought you might be assaulted," he smiled. He walked off with her close on his heels. They walked through the streets to the closest subway station and were about to get in, when suddenly a boy stopped Crow from moving further. The boy stared at Crow with contempt and then asked: "What are you trying to do with June?" Crow looked at him for a moment and then smiled. "June, I think your boyfriend is here," he said turning to June. June looked at the boy and then said: "Nicolas, don't worry about me, Crow here is my neighbour." Nicolas realized what he had done and then looked embarrassed: "I'm so sorry!" " Don't worry, I feel happy that someone cares about June in her school. She used to be a loner," Crow smiled, "please keep on taking care of June." "N-no no, June is really popular and well liked in our school," Nicolas stuttered. Crow smiled and said: "Still, when she has no one, try to be there for her." Nicolas was too stunned to say anything and Crow walked away with June in tow.

 

 

They got on the train and were having a silent ride home, until a blonde haired boy joined them. "Hey there Crow!" he said enthusiastically. "Hey Oz, what are you doing?" Crow asked. "Getting a new screen, I saved enough money to get my third," he grinned. Suddenly, a boy with ash blonde hair walked to them. He was pretty tall, almost 6' 2''. Oz turned to him and said: "C'mon Max, I found Crow and his girlfriend!" "I'm not his girlfriend," June retorted. Suddenly, another boy with dark brown hair walked into the train and looked at Crow while walking towards him. Oz smiled and asked: "What'cha doin' Paul?" "Going home, my part-time job kept me late, what'cha doin' Oz?" "Getting my third monitor." Paul smiled and then turned to June: "Hey there June, how is your private school?" "Pretty good," June replied. June did indeed visit a private school, but on scholarship. Her family wasn't wealthy or poor. They were just like Crow's family, so-so. Oz and Max came from relatively wealthy families. Paul and Sam also came from so-so families. Paul turned to Crow and asked: "How come...?" "Because of her mother, she requested me to escort her," Crow answered before Paul could end his question. Paul smiled and they were riding the subway when Paul got off, then Oz and Max. Finally, Crow and June got off and walked towards their house. Crow saw her walk into her house and walked home.

 

 



© 2014 Kane


Author's Note

Kane
Please tell me what you think of the story :D
I worked a bit on the beginning so tell me if you like it like that please! >.<
Just so you know, feedback helps a lot!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Crow is an extremely amazing guy here.....But entirely....The gravity wasn't that attractive as it has been in other part of your stories...Though i could feel what was going on...but still, Lacks energy..But anyway, I liked you depiction," 100 st. wins, So Crow was banned and also, Paul got a breathtaking basket....I think putting something Extra-ordinary about a character is aiding that you are a master of......But still i surmise that a part was bit incomplete.....

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kane

10 Years Ago

Be my Editor :D
sushobhan

10 Years Ago

I'm not at that stage......
Kane

10 Years Ago

^^ then once you're at that stage

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Added on September 22, 2013
Last Updated on July 19, 2014


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane