Chapter 7: Oh, That Explains It!

Chapter 7: Oh, That Explains It!

A Chapter by Kane

Crow walked out of the school, still quiet. right in front of him waiting at the gate was June. Crow ignored her and walked right through the school gate. June caught up: "Hey, whats up?" "Nothing," he replied, but June was resistant. "Hey, can I come over to your place today?" Crow was quiet for a second before he shrugged and said: "Sure, why not." They walked through the streets in silence. No word was said and the only thing they heard was the wind blowing. But then June said: "Are you going to pretend as if that never happened?" "What?" Crow asked. "The kiss," June retaliated. Crow stopped and he rubbed the back of his head, a blush coming up. "Oh that... I think my emotions took over..." "So you feel like that?" "Yeah... Will you go out with me, June?" This time June was quiet. Crow turned to June to see her face red. She turned to Crow and quietly mumbled something. "Pardon?" Crow asked. June blushed even harder before she said, loud and clear: "I said okay..." Crow was quiet, the three words June had just said were sinking in and he couldn't believe his ears. He turned to her again and saw her nod. Crow's face brightened and he had a ridiculously huge smile on his face. He grabbed June by the waist and spun her around. June shrieked but laughed and she lowered her head. Crow met her lips with his and they kissed for a long time. When they finally broke the kiss they were out of breath and yet still smiling. Suddenly, Crow's phone rang and he answered: "Crow, how can I help?" "Hello, Crow, how have you been?" Crow froze up and June felt it. She looked up at him and saw the anger on Crow's face. "Dad, how are you?" "I'm doing quite well, considering the fact that your sister isn't annoying me anymore." "DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT YOU PIECE OF S**T! SHE SACRIFICED HER HEALTH FOR YOU!" June put her hand on Crow's shoulder to calm him down and Crow was quiet again. "I know, but that was stupid of her, it was my time, but she didn't want to let me go, just like I didn't want to let her go. I guess Death does want us both. So I'm telling you this now, I'm dying Crow, tell your mother that she should finally show you that." Crow was about to say something but his father hung up and left him puzzled. June was about to ask what was wrong when Crow picked her up and carried her to his home, running. When he was finally home, he let go of June and told her: "I'll see you in probably twenty minutes, I have to do something." He quickly ran into his house and found his mother in the kitchen. He ran to her, grabbed her and asked: "Dad called, he's telling you to show me that." His mother was quiet for a second before walking to the living room and she took a metal box, a metal box Crow was never allowed to open. This time, she handed the box to him and said: "Here, this is our families secret." Crow slowly opened it and saw a picture of his sister, in university. He turned to his mother and she started to explain: "Your sister never died. Your father donated his bone marrow and she survived. But her body was in shock so her brain erased most of her memories, memories of you among them. Your father and I decided to let the doctor lie to you of her death, and divorce so that he could take care of her. It was difficult lying to you for so long." His mothers words were slowly sinking in and then he finally got out three words: "Where is she?" "Home." Crow ran out and rang the doorbell to June's house. She came out, dressed casually and ran to Crow. "Come with me, we're going back to my old house." June looked confused for a second, but then she understood. "Mom, I'll be back soon," she called and ran after Crow, who was calling people on his phone. "Oz, come to the station, bring your wallet, call Sam too, I'll get Paul and Max." After that call Crow called Paul and Max and told them the same things. When Crow and June finally got to the station, Paul, Oz, Sam and Max were waiting for them. Crow went to the counter and said: "Six tickets to Old San Francisco Airport." He paid for the tickets and they got on the train. They found an empty compartment and finally Oz asked: "So, what's up?" Crow took a deep breath, and said: "My sister isn't dead." Mouths and eyes flew open and it was silent, then Paul broke it: "Are you kidding me? Why would your parents lie to you about her death?" "Memory loss. I think they didn't want me to feel hurt because my sister forgot about my existence." Silence reigned again, and then June asked: "Is she in your old place?" "Yep, Old San Francisco Building two block fourteen. Easiest way to get there is going to the airport then walking."


About an hour later they arrived and crow quickly ran past people and through streets, the others closely behind him. He finally stopped in front of a building that looked like a haunted mansion. Crow took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell. "Hello?" A rough voice asked. Without noticing, Crow smiled and said: "What's up sis? How have you been?" "Who is it?" The voice turned feminine, and Crow's smile widened: "Crow Mitchells, I'm here to visit." "Are you a family member?" "Yeah, a family member..." The door opened and there stood Crow's sister. Her dark brown hair was flowing and she waved. Crow felt a smile, and emotions he thought he had forgotten to feel flooded into him. Those emotions were mixed with a stress he had kept stowed away deep inside, and as relief flooded into him, he felt darkness take over and collapsed. 



© 2014 Kane


Author's Note

Kane
Yay, I updated this. The chapter title is unoriginal but bite me. I'm sort of getting to writing my old stories again so yeah... Anyway, reviews are appreciated and I'm so sorry to every one of you readers of 'Fly like the birds you are' for not updating, but here it is. I'm out, Peace!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on December 28, 2013
Last Updated on July 19, 2014


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane