Chapter 6: Um, What?

Chapter 6: Um, What?

A Chapter by Kane

Present time:

Crow was sitting in his classroom, quieter than usual. Oz and Paul kept well away from him. They had experienced this once already. They stopped Max from talking to him but Sam couldn't be stopped. Sam stood in front of Crow and asked: "What's wrong Crow?" "Piss off Sam. Go before I break your bones," Crow replied looking outside of the classroom window. Sam got angry and grabbed Crow by the collar of his uniform: "What did you say?" Crow looked at Sam and his eyes changed from the deep black to a blood red. "Let me go, now," Crow said slowly. Everyone in the classroom felt a chill run down their spine but it hit Sam the most. He felt terrified. It wasn't the fear a person felt when they watched a horror movie, but when they saw a predator, a hungry predator. Oz pulled Sam away and Crow sat back down, looking out of the window. Sam looked at Oz and asked: "Why is he like this? He isn't usually this scary." "It happened before you two came to the team. It was after the quarter finals game. You remember that Crow never showed up to the semi finals game?" Sam and Max nodded and Oz continued: "Well, Crow's sister died after the quarter finals game. The finals were supposed to be his last game, but now that he is continuing, he is a bit... down I guess." "Why is he down? I mean his sister died a year ago," Max asked. "I don't know the details but his mom told me that he played the tournament for his sister. You see, his sister also played basketball, same position, and she and her team got to the finals. But his sister became sick. It was a weird illness that makes her body ill when not doing sports. Well, his sis got involved in a car accident, her body started to weaken, and then she died to a simple fever. Her immune system was... dead. At the funeral Crow apparently promised that he would stop after the finals. Now he broke that promise." There was an eerie silence, when suddenly June walked in. She looked tired but immediately noticed the dark atmosphere. She looked around and saw Crow, looking out of the window. June walked up to him and Crow didn't even bother to look. "What do you want?" he asked. "What is wrong with you Crow Mitchells? Are you scared?" "Scared?" he snorted, "being scared would be good." "June grabbed his hand and ran out of the classroom. Crow had no chance to resist, and Oz and Paul looked at the scene astonished.

June dragged Crow to the rooftop and then said: "Now we can talk without anyone looking at us weird, What is wrong with you?" Crow ignored her and looked at the sky: "Ah, the sky... it looks different from above doesn't it?" June didn't understand what Crow said, but she noticed something, Crow was crying. Tears ran down his face and then June understood, he was talking about his sister. "Why? Why are you crying now? After one year of being emotionless?" June started crying herself. Crow gave an emotionless laugh and repeated: "Emotionless... yeah, that's how I was." Suddenly, Crow walked closer to June and then kissed her. The world around them disappeared and Crow kissed June for one minute. Then he walked passed her and said: "You're going to be late if you are staying here for longer."



© 2013 Kane


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on November 3, 2013
Last Updated on December 28, 2013


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane