Chapter 4: Crow

Chapter 4: Crow

A Chapter by Kane

The game was in total favor of Crow and the others. The varsity team couldn't do anything. Nothing is impossible, that quote disappeared when you played against Crow and the others. Scoring two points was impossible. Getting the ball into the game was already difficult, but once the ball hit the ground, it was stolen by either Oz or Crow. Sam, Max or Paul were already running forward and caught a pass which they turned into a basket. Half time, and the score was 80:0. The varsity team had grim expressions on their faces but were still very determined. Crow and the others were smiling and June sighed at Crow's expression. It wasn't like any of the others smiles, it was a smile which made you shudder. The coach of the basketball team looked at Crow and a chill ran down his spine as Crow looked back. He looked like a very dangerous predator, which had found it's prey. Just as the second half of the game begun, Crow's play style changed. He played with the others a lot more, as if he was focusing on getting the assists. This change destroyed the varsity team. The end score was 150: 3. The three points were a lucky three pointer which no one bothered to block.

"Thank you for the match!" All of the players said, before leaving the court. The captain of the team walked towards Crow and then said: "Practice starts tomorrow after school. go today to this shop," he handed Crow a note and continued, "to get your measurements for the jerseys." "Yes sir," Crow replied and walked to the others. After they had changed they walked to the shop, closely followed by June. They talked to the shop owner and got measured. June bought a new pair of shoes just like the others because their basketball shoes had gotten to small to run in.

With their new shoes in hand, they walked to the subway station, parting ways on the train. In the end only June and Crow were on the train. "So, I guess I'm playing again," Crow said with a wry smiled. "I still don't know why you stopped," June replied. Crow didn't say anything to that and June didn't preach.

The two of them parted ways in front of June's house and Crow walked into his. He walked towards the kitchen and pulled out a can of beer as well as a can of coke from the refrigerator. He walked towards the living room and stopped in front of a weird altar like thing with a picture on top of a cupboard. Crow popped the lids of both cans, putting the beer on the cupboard. He took a swig from his coke can and said: "Hey sis, how is heaven? Well, seems like I'll break my promise, I'm playing basketball again." He forced a laugh and continued: "Funny huh? I'm playing the thing again which got you to the place you are now." Crow drank his coke and then walked out to the garden. He sprayed the beer can and it's contents flew across the garden landing drop by drop on the grass blades, reflecting the light of the setting sun. Crow went back into the kitchen and threw away the cans. He grabbed another coke can and walked up the stairs into his room. In his room he sat at the window, looking out and drank the coke, staring at the moon coming up and the sky darkening. He slowly drank his coke while thinking of the event which led to his sisters death.



© 2013 Kane


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on October 12, 2013
Last Updated on October 12, 2013


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane