Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Kane

Six Months Later
"Alright people! We need to get ready for this new case. A supposedly small metal works company is hiding some very secret data behind more security than a small metal works company could create. They are also suspected of being the drug cartel Sphinx, we need to get onto this job!" A loud voice echoed through the room. Nine desks, nine computers and each with two screens. It was a small room which barely fit in all of these things and it was dirty. Small microwaved food packages, fast food bags, pizza boxes and cup noodles cups lying around everywhere. And the people who sat in front of those computers? They had rings under their eyes, most had glasses on. Each of them just nodded in acknowledgement with their eyes glued to the screens. The announcer sighed and sat back down in his chair before saying one more thing: "Oh yeah, this is a pretty big job so do try a bit, I was lucky enough to get this job."
"Yes sir," one halfhearted reply came.
The room started to be filled with clicking of keyboards and mouse buttons, but those were soon interrupted by a voice: "Captain Rook! I heard that you took on the Sphinx case!"
A woman walked into the room, and everyone got up from their chairs except for said captain. He held his head in his hands and mumbled something.
"What was that?" The woman asked.
"I asked to what we owe this pleasure, Division Captain," Rook said with a forced smile.
"Well, the Sphinx case is a pretty big case, and if I also recall correctly, you are not in the drug cartel investigation department so... Let me say this bluntly, hand over the case Captain Rook," the Division Captains face turned serious.
But unbeknownst to all someone else was sitting in his chair, the new guy.
"How about you just shut up and let us work?" Said new guy asked.
"Oho, you must be the new boy, my name is Division Captain Lopkins, I hope you will have a wonderful time here."
"Yeah, yeah, now shut up and leave, I'm working here."
"Excuse me? Who do you think you are?"
"Arthur Jackson, that's my name. Now leave and let me work." "So Arthur Jackson is your name... Wait, Arthur Jackson?"
"Yes Arthur Jackson, now leave."
"But... But what are you doing here Chief?"
"Oh great, now you just had to blow it! You stupid idiot! How in the world did you get so high up in the chain of command with your incompetence?" Arthur shouted and threw his mouse across the room. Lopkins was looking scared and didn't know what to do so Arthur got up and said: "Captain Rook, the Sphinx case is solely your groups case. Don't let it get taken from you."
Rook was stunned for a moment before he got up and bowed, saying: "Thank you sir!"
Arthur stopped for a moment before turning around and smirking: "That's what being the Chief of Circus is there for."


© 2014 Kane


Author's Note

Kane
Well, time skip. I thought it would go better with that. I know that I leave a lot in the dark, but I think that that's necessary. And for all the questions that might arise, yes, the organizations name is Circus. Anyway, thanks for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on October 30, 2014
Last Updated on November 4, 2014


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane