Heroes?

Heroes?

A Chapter by Calibaster
"

Please read.

"
I'll choose the next door. How about ... hmm. That plain wooden one over there! What do you mean "booooring" I could use some of "booooring" right now! Look at what the last door did to us! Lucky it's imagination, or I might not have a foot! ... Ugh, whatever, just, come on! 
         You follow me (reluctantly) through the door, and we find ourselves in a tunnel. Eww, whoever lives here needs to redecorate, but at least it's dry. Hey look, a ladder! Let's go u- mmmph! Keep your hand off my mouth! What did you pull me back here for?! Why- what? Someone's coming? Well then shut up! We peek out from around the corner, just in time to see men dressed all in black, with soot smeared on their faces, climb down the ladder, chattering like monkeys,"Oh, did you see 'is face? Blimey, I'll never forget that as long as I live!" 
         "Yeah!" Another one replied excitedly,"His eyes got all big, especially when it went Booooomm!" The man then commenced with making explosion sounds until the short one elbowed him. They all start walking towards us. Yeah, I agree, back through the door!
       We are about to go back through the door when suddenly we hear the voices stop," 'oo are you?!" 
"Don't move, or I'll shoot you." We turn around with our arms up in the air. We mean no harm! Honest!
"Sure," The one with a decidedly british accent replies sarcastically,"Just like 'itler's tanks meant no 'arm to Poland." 
Hitler? Tanks? Okay, WW2, we are in WW2!
"Where else would you be?" The young American man who had made all of the explosion sounds earlier pipes up.
Uh ... 
"Fought so ... LeBeau, go get the Colonel." We watch as the short man nodded and muttered a reply as he ran past us through the tunnel, apparently to get the Colonel. Whoever that was. You look at me with an I-told-you-so face and I can't help but reply to it indignantly, What?! I didn't know that this door would lead us straight into a war! The two remaining men give us strange looks and the Limey says,"What are you natterin' on about?! What are your names?" He holds his gun up more firmly, as if he is showing us that he means business. Uh ... Well, I'm A-Alverrann, and this is my friend ____________ (insert your name there, real or not, doesn't matter.) We were just passing through, and we came here by accident, ... uh, can we go now? We both turn to look down the passage when we hear voices coming from behind us,"Newkirk, Carter! LeBeau tells me that you found a couple of spies-" We see a tall man with dark hair stop walking toward us,"A girl?" 
"Yup Colonel," the young American nodded,"It's pretty sad when you see who they're recriuting as spies these days. Boy those Germans they never-"
"Carter." The American Colonel gives him an exasperated look before turning back to us,"And may I ask what you're doing in our tunnel?"
Oh! This is your tunnel?! I exclaim, Well, pardon us! We must have taken a wrong turn back there! We thought we were in the salt mines! We'll just be going now, if you don't mind. I turn to leave, grabbing the collar of your shirt in hopes of dragging you with me, when suddenly the American Colonel holds a gun right up close to my face,"You're Gestapo aren't you?" I start to protest but the brit cuts me off,"We know 'ow to deal wiv Gestapo, don't we Colonel?" I shudder at the bitter tone of delight he showed off in that sentence, and am happy when the Colonel says,"Forget it Newkirk, they might not be Gestapo." 
"What if they are?" Carter asks.
"Then we know how to deal with them, just like Newkirk said." The Colonels tone is extremely cold, and I blanch, looking at you. Boy are we ever in trouble. 
Uh-u-uhm ... w-we aren't G-Gestapo. I manage to stutter out, looking at you for support, which thank heaven you give through a very violent nod. We quite honestly stumbled on this place by accident, I'm truly sorry about ... heh, all of this trouble and- my awful explanation is cut off by the sound of a voice with a very thick accent,"Mon Colonel, roll call is in only a few moments, hurry, Schultz is on his way!" 
"Coming LeBeau!" The American Colonel answers, before looking at Newkirk and Carter,"You guys got the information tonight as well as the bridge right?" 
"Right 'ere Colonel." Newkirk answers, pulling a wad of paper out of his pants pocket. 
"Good, give it to Kinch to code and send off to London, and tie these two ragamuffins up." 
Raga- what?! I cry indignantly as Carter leaves the room for a moment, coming back with rope in hand. "Then get yourselves cleaned up." With that, the Colonel leaves the room, but not before I get a good look at his leather bombing jacket, which says -Colonel Robert E. Hogan on it. After he leaves the room, a tall black man comes in,"Do you have the information?"
"Right 'ere Kinch," Newkirk says, handing it to him unceremoniously before turning back to the task of tying us together. He and Carter do a great job, but you and I try to stall as much as possible. You guys are going to shoot us after this, aren't you?
"No, the Guv'nor is much to nice to shoot a good lookin' bird like you." Newkirk says,"Right Andrew?"
"Yeah, don't worry, the Colonel won't shoot you, or your friend." Carter sounds very sure. I start to protest, but stop suddenly, Good looking? "Yeah, two years in a POW camp in the middle of Germany, any girl would look good." Carter smiles at us amiably,"But spies don't look as good."
"Carter!" Newkirk sounds mad as he yells at his American friend, because anybody would be able to tell that they were friends,"Don't go tellin' 'em every bleedin' secret we ever kept!"
"Sorry Newkirk." Carter's face falls,"I forgot." Newkirk just snorts in reply before walking out of the room with the young American following sheepishly behind. We are alone, tied together. Okay! Okay, so I messed up, but so did you! This is the least boring door of them all! Or at least, it feels that way. What are you doing? Hey! Where'd you get that pocketknife! Say, that's swell! It takes you at least 3 minutes, but you finally saw through the rope, freeing us. Wow, where'd you get that pocketknife anyway? Oh C'mon! You can tell me! Okay fine, you don't have to tell me. Uh oh, someone coming! Quick let's get out of here! Through the door! Where's the door?! We run towards the door, shouts following us,"They're gettin' away! Gar Blimey Carter, what a time to trip!" Thank heavens for klutzes! I follow you through the door, and as soon as we're on the other side, we close it, then lean up against it, gasping for breath.Too bad it doesn't have a lock! Hey, I was just kidding! We are the only ones that can get through it, unless we want them to! *Gasp, gasp* You pick the next door. Please. 


© 2013 Calibaster


Author's Note

Calibaster
Hogan's heroes for the unfortunate dimwits that have never seen it. :P Choose up! ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

SKULL DOOR! I can't wait to see what's behind the skull door! Mind sending me a read request when you have the next chapter/ door?

Posted 10 Years Ago


And there's the lengthy chapter I was expecting. ;) Very good. I say we do a door with a skull still.

Posted 10 Years Ago


LunarSong

10 Years Ago

I get to sleep iiiinnn hard to write in a nanana way, if you know what I mean.
Calibaster

10 Years Ago

You are rude. :P
LunarSong

10 Years Ago

Well, I've got to sufficiantly rub it in, which is a bit harder to do online ;P sort of.
No kidding! I thought it would be very lengthy but it actually was around the Doctor Who one :) I really love your style in writing these, it's so fun to read and interactive.

Posted 10 Years Ago


LunarSong

10 Years Ago

;)
Calibaster

10 Years Ago

I regret asking.
LunarSong

10 Years Ago

Okay ;) but now you know it was a compliment.
I expected it to be longer. :( oh well, give me some time to think of another good one. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Calibaster

10 Years Ago

sorry, I was in a hurry. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 8, 2013
Last Updated on July 23, 2013


Author

Calibaster
Calibaster

Springville, UT



About
It's been a while since I've even touched this site, but it's such a big part of my childhood and growth in writing that I could never bring myself to delete anything I've posted. If I thought tha.. more..

Writing
Worth It Worth It

A Story by Calibaster