03; "All Hands On Deck!"

03; "All Hands On Deck!"

A Chapter by Carcilia Ravencraft
"

Toube will find out just how interesting the pirate's life is.

"

 The waves where slapping against the vessel in the early hours of morning. Toube was awoken at sunrise by Master Flack knocking at his door. "All hands on deck, Boy!" Master Flack was calling. Master Flack had been somewhat of an antagonist to Toube. He never seemed too happy to see Toube, his waist-length black hair loosely tied back with a piece of ripped, navy blue cloth always managed to drape over his dark brown eyes whenever Toube tried to look at his face.

 When Toube stepped out of his quarters Master Flack hit him on the back of the head with a map that he always kept rolled up and under his arm. "You are to report to upper deck, Boy." He said calmly and practically waltzed to his position next to the wheel and Captain Ross. "Gee, a little touchy this morning, huh Master Flack?" Toube grumbled and scurried to upper deck. One of the other men that had joined them last night, Toumas, had found Toube and walked with him. "You get a rude awakening, too?" Toumas asked, still rubbing the back of his head. "Yeah, I didn't think paper could hurt so much." Toube said lowly as the morning sun hit their faces as they went up stairs to their places in line where they thought they belonged.

 "Alllrigt, as ya'll know, we got us some new crew last night. Why don'tcha boys come up 'ere?" Captain Ross addressed his crew, who were standing in a forward-facing line. Toube, Toumas, Jason, and the last man; Ian, all took a step out of the line, but weren't quite sure what to do. "Aye? Come on! Get up 'ere!" Ross commanded, obviously annoyed. The four ran up in front of Captain Ross and turned around to face the rest of the crew. "That's better... Now, I wantcha' to state yer full names and what yer best at, in order!" Captain Ross moved behind his crew to watch the four.

 Toumas was first in the line, from left to right. He stepped forward and cleared his throat. "M-my name is Toumas Green. I'm best at...C-c.... C-cooking..." Toumas looked down, a little red in the face. The crew began laughing, Captain Ross, Lieutenant Messa and Master Flack just stood silently, starring. "Aye, Toumas. Don't be ashamed, ya be very useful to us!" Captain Ross cheered on his new crewman. "T-thank you, Captain Ross." Toumas backed into the line.

 Jason was the second in line out of the four. Stepping forward he stated; "My name is Jason Tenner. I'm the best blacksmith in Saint Clarissa.", Jason's eyes where cold, but there was pride in his words. "Good. So... Jason... Why'd ye leave Saint Clarissa for a life on the sea?" Captain Ross folded his arms across his chest and looked at Jason accusingly. "I........I hate people, Captain." Jason didn't look down, or flinch, he just stood there, as if it where the only thing he knew how to do. "Everyones' got a reason for bein' a pirate me boy, ye are not ignored those rights." Captain Ross reassured his crewman.

 Ian was next in line. He walked forward with a bored expression on his face, his blond hair and blue eyes made him look like the nephew of Captain Ross. The only difference was his strawberry colored freckles all over his face. "My name is Ian Ro-...Ian Frost. I.... Can't really do anything else but clean. But cleaning is an enjoyable pass-time for me." Ian's straight-forwardness didn't die with his words, and his bored expression was practically glued to his face, as if it had been stuck that way his whole life. "Good, 'cus that's what ye'll be doin' for you life on this ship, boy." Captain Ross said, now starring at Toube.

 Toube was last in line and took his step forward. He looked Captain Ross in the eyes and took a deep breath. "My name is Toube Rochwell and I can't do anything." The deck fell silent. The only thing to be heard was the waves against the ship's belly. "Interesting...Master Flack, ye'll be teachin' Toube here the ins an' outs o' bein' a Boatswain's Mate."
Captain Ross waved his hand and the men where aloud to return to their places in line with the rest of the crew.

Captain Ross took his place back in front of the crew. "Don't get used to those young faces, boys. 'Cus this ship'll rip it up in the blink of an eye." Captain Ross looked over to Master Flack. " Master Flack here will appoint you to your posts now." Captain Ross left his place into his quarters with a pint of rum.


© 2010 Carcilia Ravencraft


Author's Note

Carcilia Ravencraft
Sorry, this chapter is actually how long all of the chapters should be.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
Just a few minor problems other than the usual(no offense). "Re-assured" is suppose to be "Reassured". One word it is. Other than that, I think you are good. ~Kasi

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

460 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 19, 2010
Last Updated on September 25, 2010
Tags: 03, all, hands, on, deck


Author

Carcilia Ravencraft
Carcilia Ravencraft

nowhere, CA



About
I'm 15. I really suck at writing but I do it for fun so hang you. I mostly like to write about pirates, mythical creatures and places, and wild animals like wolves or foxes, so on and so forth. Music.. more..

Writing