Chapter 4 -

Chapter 4 -

A Chapter by CK Knight

I start walking to the last class of the day, English, while holding my notebook to my chest because I can feel myself giggle. I can’t wait to get home from this awful first day. I get to the classroom, of course I’m first. I stop in my tracks in the doorway and panic butterflies fill my tummy when I see the teacher who was hitting on me at lunch, is the English teacher. He looks up at me from the paper he is reading, smiles and starts checking my body out with his eyes. I see him lick his lips, gross! I find my courage to walk past his desk, with my eyes down, to take a seat. I take a desk in the middle and look at him my side vision. I noticed he is just staring at me. His trance at me breaks when more students walk in.

  The class starts to fill up, but Ben and Devin has not shown up yet. I bet they are in big trouble for hurting Rodger. The warning bell rings before the final bell. More kids rush in plus Emma, who gives me a dirty look. All the desks are full except for two in the very back. Then, right before the final bell, the cousins rush in and I’m shocked to see them. I thought for sure they would still be in the Dean’s Office. Ben shoots me a smile as he walks to the desk in front of me.

  “Move, you are in my seat,” he says sternly to the boy. The boy gathers his things and moves without question. Ben sits and turns to me all smiles.

  Devin walks to the desk behind me and tells the girl sitting there, “Move.” Without question, she moves to the last empty desk. I hear Devin’s notebook flop on the desk as he sits down.

  “Did you get in trouble,” I whisper to Ben, who is still looking at me.

  “No, the Dean is one the assistant football coaches. We will just have to do more drills. I like that shirt you are wearing, looks nice,” He says and gives me wink.

  I feel myself blush. Ben turns around when the teacher starts to talk.

  I see something red catch my eye, its Eddy trying to get my attention for some reason, properly just to say hi. I just ignore him.

  “Ok, let’s to roll,” says the teacher after he writes his name, Mr. Hightower, on the chalk board. Then he goes back to his desk to begin calling name. He gets to me, “Rachel East?”

   “Here,” I call.

  “Come here new girl,” he says to me.

  I start walking toward him with my arms crossed so my b***s would not giggle.

  “Put your arms down, you don’t have to look so serious,” says Mr. Hightower as he eyeballs me.

  I put my arms down and I feel myself giggle as I walk to the front of the classroom to his desk. I try to take smaller steps to stiffen the giggling, but it seems to make is worse. This is so annoying that teachers keep calling me new girl and wanted me to get the front of the class. When I get to his desk, I put my hands in my jean pockets, and c**k my hip with attitude.

  “I heard you played basketball at your old school. Well, I’m the assistant coach to the women’s team and I wanted to let you know tryouts are in a few weeks. Do you need me to give you any private practice lessons?” he asks with an evil grin while staring at my b***s.

  My stomach drops when I realized what he just said, this creep is one the couches! I love basketball too. “No, I’m good,” I say coldly and look away from him.

  “Ok, turn around. Class, this is new girl Rachel East. Please make her feel welcome. Back to your seat young lady,” he announces.

  I feel myself turn red as I stare at all the faces in the classroom. I walk back fast to my desk in a huff, I don’t care if I giggle. When I get to my seat I look around the classroom. I notice that all the boys are staring at me. Eddy seems to drooling, great. This one boy from the far left wall blows me a kiss. Damn this shirt makes me look way too sexy. The teacher gets up and passes around a seating chart. I guess I’m between Ben and Devin for the entire semester. We also get our books and the teacher talks about expectations for his class, which are high. Mr. Hightower is going to be a tough teacher and I like getting A’s. Mr. Hightower starts to ramble about some book he loves making all of us bored, so the classroom starts to get restless.

  Ben turns around to face me. “What are you doing after school?” he whispers.

  “I’m hanging out with Kelly at the coffeehouse,” I whisper back as I watch Mr. Hightower, I don’t want to get into trouble.

  Ben makes a face like he is disappointed. “Well, maybe I will see you later tonight,” he whispers and turns back to face the front.

  My tummy turns at of the thought of seeing Ben after school. He is really cute which makes me little nervous because guys like him never notice him. I shallow my butterflies, I’ll just see where all this goes. The bell rings that breaking my thoughts. Thank god, school is over and I get away from these people. Devin rushes out of the room beating everyone in the class, Ben is not too far behind. I get up slow, press my notebook to my chest, so the creepy Mr. Hightower can’t check out my b***s. I walk past his desk, trying not to look at him as I leave the classroom.

  I just make it to the door when I hear him call me back, “Rachel, I need a quick word.”

  I close my eyes, I was almost home free, I turn around and walk to his desk.

  “How did you do in English class at your old school?” he asks me while leaning back into his chair, check me out.

  “I’m a straight A student Mr. Hightower,“ I say annoyed while rolling my eyes.

  “Well, since you are new, I want to make sure you know that I do tutor students after school at my house. They are private lessons, so if you need any extra help, just let me know,” Mr. Hightower says and shoots me a flirty grin.

  I’m grossed out! This guy is a total pervert, how can he still be teaching! Are the girls in the school scared of him because I’m not, I’ll stand-up for myself. “No I will not need tutoring, ever. Isn’t private lessons at your house inappropriate?” I angrily ask him and give him a stern look. I see slight panic in his face.

  He stumbles over his words. “It’s… just… more convenient for my busy schedule to tutor students at my home. Ok, you are dismissed,” he hurries his words at the end.

  I guess he was testing me. I turn around in a huff and leave. The halls are full of kids talking and getting ready to go. I have to get to my locker which is at the other end of the school. Whoever designed this school was stupid. As I make my way down the hall, feel someone walking next to me, its Devin. I’m slightly startled.

 “Devin, you scared me! Escorting me to my locker of something?” I say with a quick, nervous laugh, what does he want with me I wonder.

  He just nods a yes and walks beside me slightly. I don’t get these two cousins and why they keep coming around me. Ben talks way too much and Devin is a mute. We reach my locker where I open it to get books out not paying any attention to Devin. I feel a hand on my hip so I turn in panic and fear. Devin is in my face with his hands my hips. He comes in close to kiss on my cheek. His kiss felt like fire, I feel my fear of him going away.

  He whispers in my ear, “Here my words Rachel, you will ditch Kelly tonight and met Ben at the pizza place instead.”

  I stand there staring at him and my mind feels complied to do what he said. I need to see Ben tonight because he wants to eat pizza with me. Wait, I have to meet-up with Kelly. My own fire starts to burn inside me in defiance of his words. I shake my head straight. I don’t want to eat pizza because I want to hang out with Kelly. Devin’s face starts to look confused. We stare at each other as the fire in me is turning into anger.

I just snap. “What the hell was that Devin? First off, I never said you could touch and kiss me. Plus, I’m not ditching Kelly to meet-up with Ben. You are super weird, this school is weird and Mr. Hightower is pervert.”

  I push him off me. Devin stumbles backwards from my push as his eyes go wide, like no one has ever defied him before. I slam my locker and walk away from him. I look over my shoulder at him.  He just stands there, looking shocked still.



© 2014 CK Knight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on December 23, 2014
Last Updated on December 23, 2014


Author

CK Knight
CK Knight

dekalb, IL



About
I'm new to writing and I want to improve my craft. I work as a graphic designer and I own a silkscreen business. I like to write Romance and Horror fiction. I hope to learn to improve my writing ski.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 - Chapter 1 -

A Chapter by CK Knight