Chapter 10 - The Rage Inside

Chapter 10 - The Rage Inside

A Chapter by CK Knight
"

Ben give Rachel his ring, they are official. Mr. Hightower tries to get Rachel along. Rachel's Dad shows up, sending Rachel away in rage.

"

  Today is Friday, I’m so looking forward to the weekend to get two days off from school. These last school days have been uneventful. Except for English class, Mr. Hightower keeps giving me unfair grades. All my homework essays have been a C- and he marks my paper all red. On the top of my grade, he has started to write ‘Needs Tutoring’. He nips picks everything, I miss a comma or period or if I didn’t use enough spaces. I’m going to fail his class, I need to tell someone. After class, I walk with Ben to my locker, but I should go talk to my counselor.

  “Ben, I have to go see my counselor and tell her about Mr. Hightower. He is going to fail me on purpose,” I stop walking with him and turn to head to the main office.

  He tugs me back, “Give me some time, Devin and I have a great plan for him. You will have your chance to get back at him for you and the other girls he has hurt. I will tell you all about it on Saturday.”

  I’m confected but I do need more proof then my graded papers, “Ok, I’ll wait.”

  Ben smiles and escorts me to my locker. “First football game is tonight, you are coming right?” asks Ben.

  “Yes, Kelly and I will be there rooting for our men,” I say with a smile. I see him take off his football ring and pull something out of his pocket, it’s a silver necklace.

  “I want you to wear my State Championship ring from last year,” Ben says while putting the ring on the silver necklace.

  I’m speechless! I let him put the necklace on me. It’s heavy around my neck and I look down to grab the ring. It’s a beautiful ring; on the top it has little white diamonds surround a silver football. One side has his last name ‘WILDES’ with a quarterback image and the other is the Virginia State Championship logo. I look inside and see that is made of 18 Karat white gold, so I guess Ben always gets the best. I look at the stamp on the necklace, its white gold too.

   I stumble over my words, “Ben, are you sure. I don’t want to lose this ring.”

  He takes me by the waist and pulls me in for a kiss. I feel him use his tongue pass over my lips. Fireworks are going off in my body, but I pull back, I’m still not ready for tongue yet even though we kiss every day. He rubs my back while hugging me and nuzzling his face in my long hair.

  “I love how you smell, like wildflowers. So, I’m hoping now you can call me boyfriend,” he coos and kisses my neck. I just giggle like a little girl.

  He pulls back, “Ok, I have to go pump up the team and grab some fuel. Later baby” he kisses my forehead.

  I lean on my locker while playing with his ring. I’m so intoxicated by him, I hate watching him walk off. I can’t believe it, I have a boyfriend. I turn to my locker and get my books. When I shut my locker, I’m startled, Mr. Hightower is there.

  He looks angry, “I saw you kiss Ben. This school has a strict no kissing policy young lady. I must take you to the Dean right now. Follow me.”

  I sigh with anger, I can’t believe this bullshit. I follow him to the offices, but then he starts to lead me to an empty classroom a few doors down.

  He turns to me while pointing to the empty room, “Go in, right now.”

   My anger turns quickly to fear, why do I have to go to an empty classroom? The office is right there. I stop in my tracks, because I’m not going in there and be alone with him.

  “What are you waiting for? I said go in,” demands Mr. Hightower.

   What do I do? I start to walk toward him, but then I rush to the hall of offices next door. I see Mr. Banks office and rush in. I needed to get away from Mr. Hightower, that didn’t feel right. Mr. Banks secretary looks up to, “May I help you miss?”

  I look behind me thru the office window waiting for Mr. Hightower to come in but he doesn’t show. I stand there feeling dumb, but I’m glad I did rush into Mr. Bank’s office.

  “Is there a no kissing policy in this school? Something I could get in trouble for?” I ask the secretary.

  She laughs, “Got a boyfriend honey? No policy, kissing is frowned on but you will not get a detention or anything. You need anything else? You look a little flushed my dear.”

  I shake my head no and I look out the office window. I do not see Mr. Hightower, so I guess it’s safe to leave. “Thanks,” I smile and sneak out into the hall.

  I don’t see Mr. Hightower anywhere. The classroom, he tried to get me into has the door closed. What if I talked just now? It would be my word against his. I walk fast toward the front doors, because I don’t want him to catch me again. I walk with my head down and I run into someone in the doorway leading to the outside. I panic, it might be Mr. Hightower! I look up, I’m relived it’s Devin. I start to tear up and I hug him hard, he pats my back softy.

  “What’s wrong?” he asks me as he pulls me away from him.

  “I’m sorry, can you escort me to my car. I’ll tell you everything.” I feel tears running down my cheeks as I look into his eyes. He shakes his head yes and rubs my back as we walk.

   I start to spill my guts, “Mr. Hightower tried to get me into an empty classroom. I was so scared. Instead of going in and being alone with him, I ran into the Dean’s office. Devin, whatever you are planning, we have to push the timeline up. I think this creep really wants me or something.”

  I look up at Devin and I see his face grow angry, “I’ll move as fast as I can with my plan. In the meantime, Ben and I will be more watchful over you and escort you in the halls. Don’t be ever be alone with him, Ok”

  I see the twins at my car goofing around with Eddy, I turn to Devin. “I’m ok now, the twins are at my car. Thanks for walking with me, I know I made you late.”

  I give him a hug. He feels so strong and I feel so safe against his strong lean body. I pull back, his eyes look like he wants to kiss me, but instead pats my arms then we part ways. He walks back to the school and I walk to my car. Then my stomach turns, I see Mr. Hightower driving in his car passing me as I walk the parking lot. He sees me and blows me a kiss, yuck! I walk faster to my car, I don’t want him to stop. Too late, he parks behind my car, there is no way for me to get out.

  “Sorry about what happened earlier Rachel. I realized when you went into the office that the school lifted the ban on kissing in the halls, my mistake. See you on Monday,” he says so casually and pulls away.

  My stomach is sick, I need to bust this guy. He needs to be in jail with the key thrown away.

  “What was that about?” asks Eddy as he moves his glasses up his nose.

  I don’t want to tell him, “He just made a mistake. Let’s go guys,” I say and get in my car.

  I drive home thinking, maybe I should tell my Mom or my Dad about Mr. Hightower. I really don’t want to bother my parents with my problems, they have too many of their own. They tell me I can tell them anything, but I know they don’t want to deal any of my drama. Deep in thought I almost don’t even notice that my Dad’s car is parked out front. Jake and Jenny are just screaming in excitement yelling Daddy. I’m shocked that he did show and is a day early too. The twins get out and sprint the front door. Eddy waves bye to us and skips home, must be nice to be so happy all the time. I just stand by the driver’s side door, I can’t seem to move. From the house, I hear the twins both yell “Daddy” and I hear my father scream their names. I want to leave because I’m not ready to see him there has been too much hurt. How can the twins forgive him so fast for everything he has done?

   Then I see him in the doorway all smiles looking at me, like life is perfect. Seeing him is all that it took when I feel myself start to cry and rage fills my belly. I get into my car and I speed away as fast as the car can take me. I head west, I’ll run away to California. I hear my phone blow up with calls and texts. First I see its home calling, then my Dad, then my Mom’s cell phone and then a text, ‘come home’, ‘we love you’. I can’t seem to see the road, all I feel is rage. I’m not sure how but I’m stopped on the side of the road and I’m standing behind my car. A horrible scream comes out of my mouth from the pit of my stomach, the rage is being let out. I meet grave, I feel myself pounding my fists in the dirt while tears flow down my face. I hear tires behind me, a car is stopped. I look, its Kelly and her step Mom. Kelly gets out and runs to me.

 “Rachel, are you ok? What’s going on?” she asks me while crouching at my side.

  I grab her and hug her hard she stumbles into me. “I can’t go home. My Dad is there and I’m so angry at him and my mother.”

  I hear my phone ring again from the car. Kelly pulls herself away and answers it. “She is not ready to see you yet Mr. East,” Kelly is talking to my dad on the phone. I hear her arguing with him, what a good friend, she is standing up for me. “Mr. East, she is going to spend the night at my place. I don’t care if you say no, you can’t just decided to be a father.” Go Kelly! “No, she doesn’t want to talk to anyone. Goodbye.”

  Kelly gets back to me, “Your Dad is a piece of work. He is furious, but I told him you are staying with me. You should decide when you are ready to see him.”

  I wipe the tears from my face, “Thank you, can you drive my car?” She nods and walks over to talk to her step Mom. Then she helps me up and into the passenger seat. She starts driving to her place and I take her hand. “Thanks for being my best friend, you were a wonderful person.”

  She looks at me and smiles, ”Anything for a friend.” She gives my hand a squeeze.



© 2014 CK Knight


Author's Note

CK Knight
edit mode. Please gives tips or comments. thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
Added on December 28, 2014
Last Updated on December 28, 2014


Author

CK Knight
CK Knight

dekalb, IL



About
I'm new to writing and I want to improve my craft. I work as a graphic designer and I own a silkscreen business. I like to write Romance and Horror fiction. I hope to learn to improve my writing ski.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 - Chapter 1 -

A Chapter by CK Knight