The Strange People In This World 2

The Strange People In This World 2

A Chapter by ChibiKong

Emma thought for a minute. Did she really want to follow a strange boy into a dumpster… Yes! She climbed into the dumpster, but something unexpected happened. Instead of  being inundated with trash, she popped up in some sort of other world. The roads were lined with red brick, with black mortar keeping the rode together. The sidewalk was filled with trash. The buildings reached high into the sky, and the sky was puke green. Emma frantically looked for Erick’s black and green hair, but most people here had black hair. The people looked rather odd. They all looked like they had no soul; as if they had no reason to feel. So, truly, Emma did not fit in. She stuck out like a sore thumb.

“Where is he?” she thought. Emma climbed up on a leg of the building. It was about 3 feet high from the ground. Then she saw him.

“Hey!” she bellowed. Suddenly, two girls who looked like identical twins grabbed her, pulling her off the ledge. They pulled out fancy-looking sticks and held them to her throat.

“Who are you?” the twins catechized at the same time.

“What?” she replied. The twins creeped Emma out. They looked even more lifeless than the rest of the people here. They had flat, black hair and muddy brown eyes. The most exciting thing about them was the  freckles that were all over their pale pasty skin. Emma did like their wardrobe choice, though. Black flowy dresses, with torn bottoms.

They dragged Emma, kicking and screaming,  to a building that resembled a castle, with dark purple bricks. In the building they brought her to a room with many doors, and a metal table. The colors in this world really made no sense. The metal table was a burger yellow, the floors where rough like the bark of a tree, but they were a violet color. All the doors were multi- colored. The room seemed to go on forever. The twins shoved her roughly down onto a chair.

“What are you?” the twins asked simultaneously.

“Um, a person,” she responded.

“NO! not like that. Are you a witch? Or maybe a werewolf? Could it be she is a key keeper?” asked one of the twins.

“What are you, stupid? Does she rely look smart enough to be a key keeper?” The twins spoke so fast that Emma had a hard time keeping up with what they were saying.

“What’s it to you?” Emma was annoyed. These girls weren't much older than ten.

“You're the trespasser! You have no right to ask questions,” the twins said as they stormed off angry.

“What a bizarre place,” Emma thought. She stood up and began to explore the endless room. Emma wrapped her hands around the door handle. Then, before she opened it, she saw a keyhole. She got onto her knees to peek through the keyhole. It was simply a broom closet. She moved around the room and opened the next door. A swirling vortex of stars sucked her in. She held on to the handle for dear life, but the suction was too strong, and she was swept away.

*   *   *

Emma awoke on a stage. It had the feel of an old movie theater. All the fabric of the curtains were red. The stage was lined with gold along with the arms of the chair. A girl with wavy blue hair stood above her.

“Are you alright?” the girl asked in a sweet voice. Emma stood up brushing off the dirt and said,

“Yes I’m fine.” The girl looked shy and yet arrogant at the same time. Emma didn't know what to think of her. A little trouble in orange overalls scurried up to the girl.

“Rose how is this?”the little elf asked. The girls eyes turned red, and became flame.

“YOU FILTHY TROOL! HOW MANY TIME MUST I TELL YOU, ROSE IS MY BLOODY SISTER! SHE HAS RED HAIR! DOES IT LOOK LIKE I HAVE RED HAIR?” the girl screamed.

“Well yes right no-” the troll said as the girl cut him off

“WHAT?” she screamed once more

“I- I mean no you have blue hair” the troll coward and ran away. The girl instantly when back to her normal self...well normale enof.

“Sorry about that. My name is Rose,” she said with a courtesy.

“Wait-what? But you just said you weren't Rose,” Emma said in befuddlement.

“Oh no. That was my sister Anemone, she has blue hair. I have red hair you see,” She said pointing at her blue hair. Emma looked at Rose, or was she Anemone. She couldn't tell. She made a mental note to never call her by her name.

“So miss what brings you hear?” Rose/Anemone asked.

“A dumpster and a magic door,” she replied.

“Excuse Me?” She looked confused.

“I  was following someone then i ended up here,” Emma replied

“Well how where you following?” She asked.

“A boy my age named Eric,” Emma responded.

“SHE IS OF SPOILED MEAT! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE HERE!” Her hair when fiery once more. Many trolls came out from everywhere and started to surround her. Emma frantically looked around for a way out. There was none she was surrounded. They pulled out knives. They were going to kill her. Then green smoke came down in a tornado like fashion. Eric appeared out of it, grabbing Emma, he wisped them away from the crowd of trolls.



© 2014 ChibiKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on May 22, 2014
Last Updated on May 22, 2014


Author

ChibiKong
ChibiKong

Alliance, OH



About
I like to write, but im a bad speller so pleas forgive me if i miss spell things :'( more..

Writing
The Barkers The Barkers

A Story by ChibiKong