Act II

Act II

A Chapter by Chinmay

I saw her again; the girl in weird clothes. She gives me the chills, I concluded. I knew I was dreaming: OK, we all know whether a dream is a dream or not. However realistic it may be. Shw was in some kind of a huge room. Which was almost empty. Except for a few tables, chairs and cupboards which was full of books. The girl was transparent, and looked like glass. Too fragile. I went closer, and saw myself. I was telling her something, rather ordering her. Did it really happened ? I mean, I didn't looked the ordering type. And I don't think I am the ordering type. She was kind of floating in the air. Which was weird. I noticed that the me in the dream couldn't see her. Or maybe didn't wanted to see her. Second sounds good, but first looked convincing. After I stopped talking, I mean the me in front of me, in short the me in my dream, she flew somewhere. And the room began to darken, and fade away.
My eyes were closed, but I became conscious. I could smell my breath, which was disgusting. I felt weak. It was hard to open my eyes, as if my body wasn't used to this. The light from a nearby fire seemed to burn my eyes. I closed them tightly, with an "aaagggghhhh" and by making a twisted face. Which I think surely looked uncool.
"So you're awake" the familiar voice said.
I was sure it was that creepy girl's voice. It had to be. I opened my eyes aagain, slowly and looked at her. It seemed to be midnight.
"Eat this. It'll make you feel better" she said, showing me a fruit.
I took it from her painfully. My arm seemed to forgot how it used to work.
"Don't you want to say thank you ?" said she.
I let out a sigh, looked at her and said,
"You are so weird."
"Excuse me ?"she seemed more of surprised than angry.
I didn't say anything.
"You can't talk to me like that now, you know" she finally said, after a few seconds.
"Like that now". What did she meant? I had talked to her before? Or even worse, knew her? Now you might be thinking that I was being a narssist, but remember: she touches you, you're minced. Which is totally disgusting, and so not cool. I was glad I was two hands away from her.
"Do I know you or something ?" I asked her, narrowing my eyes.

"You don't remember me?" she asked. She didn't seem sad, only curious. Maybe she was sad and was hiding it. Whatever.

"No", I said, twisting my face. I mean, I used to have her dreams, right ? Does that count as remembering ? But apart from that, I knew nothing about her, except that she, or specifically her left arm, I must say, were soo weird.

"I can tell that you are lying" she said with confidence.

"Look, I don't know anything about you" I finally told her. "Except that you are weird".

"I'm what? Weird?" she snapped.

"I'm sorry. Please don't touch me with your left hand" I begged, struggling to move away from her. My body had finally started to move a bit, but still needed a lot of working. Or something.

She started walking towards me and I could do nothing; my legs refusing to move. I had to make a choice, quickly.

My Choices:
1) Drag my body using only my hands, which were moving effectively compared to my legs.
2) Stay still and hope that she won't harm me, inspite the fact that she'd shown me no mercy and had shredded me before.

My Analysis:
1) If I were to drag my body on the dirty ground, it would make my clothes and face filthy. And I would look soo uncool in front of a girl, even if she was weird.
2) Hoping that she wouldn't turn me into noodles. Please, she'd already did that to me once. Why wouldn't she try it again. But....
How am I still alive after that ? Is she playing with my brain ? Or I am the one that's weird ? Whatever.
Conclusion:
Dragging myself seemed like a lot of work, and anyways, we all have to die someday, right?

So I stood still, staring at her left hand, waiting for it to touch my body and kind of, kill me. She bent over, gazing into my eyes, and touched my face with her left hand. I started sweating ridiculously.

Nothing happened.

She laughed violently. Her entire body shook. I was surprised. I looked over my hands and legs.
They were...as they should be. I felt relieved. She noticed that, I guess.
"You thought something stupid, right ? " she asked, with almost surety.

I didn't responded.

"You dreamt about me just now, am I right ?" she smiled and asked. The kind of smile when your parents ask your exam marks knowing that you got a 20 out of 100.
I looked at her, tiredly. Who is she? I felt terribly tired, by body was absorbed in pain, and this girl was like " Today you wore blue coloured underwear, right?"

She might've understood what I was feeling, as her face turned blank. For I moment, there was this awkward silence, and she seemed to be reading my face, or I think, my mind. I noticed her sky blue eyes. Again, a weird thing. "Normal" girls don't have blue pupil. Only actresses, anime girls and game characters have those beautiful blue eyes. Her nose seemed perfect. Her her lips were so awesome. Her short hairs, her skin, her face,.... seemed so out of league for me. Anyways, I'd developed myself to live without any of these "amazing" things in my life.

"Look" she said softly, it sounded so it resisting, and I looked into her eyes. It was not easy to concentrate on what she was saying.

" I know what you think." she continued. " I mean to say, our minds are connected. Actually, our souls are connected. I always will know exactly what you are feeling. Though I can't exactly read your mind, I can feel the emotions you're feeling while you are thinking about something "

"What" I said, without exclamation because I think I knew she was going to say something weird. I was too tired to think about all this, but I had a bunch of questions which I had to ask the "mysterious girl". Who was she ? What was she ? ( this is a more important question than the first one). Did she knew who I was ? How did I end up in that "white world" ? How do she touch me and ...you know the rest(shredding)? And a lot more. Including the most important one: Do you wear contacts ?

Again she paused which I think, to "check what I might be feeling" as our so-called souls are connected.
"Get some rest" she finally said, and placed her hand on mine.
"Whoa!" she somewhat shouted. "You are freezing"
Then I realised, I was freezing. She helped me lie close to the fire. The warmth was soothing, but the light was a pain in the a*s, or I should say, in the eye. I closed my eyes. I actually had a nice time today. Well, technically, the sun never set in the "white world", and I woke up at midnight in this world, so technically " today" might be the wrong word, but as I said, I'm not a spelling bee champion. She sat beside me, placing her hand over my shoulder. I felt weird the whole time whenever she touched me. I mean, I don't remember any girl, and in particular, any weird girl touching me before.

"Do you remember my name ?" she asked suddenly. I acted to be fast asleep.

"I know you're awake" she announced.
I smiled. " Isn't it Weirdo ? "
"Hahaha. So funny" she said sarcastically.
She didn't say anything.
I started feeling curious. Not so curious that "I couldn't sleep at night" or something, but like normal people.

"You used to call me Mata" she reminded me. I could somehow sense her smiling.
Mata, I thought. Weird name for a weird girl.


© 2016 Chinmay


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on February 14, 2016
Last Updated on February 14, 2016


Author

 Chinmay
Chinmay

Pune, Shivajinagar, India



About
A normal guy who's life somehow isn't normal. more..

Writing
He He

A Story by Chinmay


Memory I Memory I

A Chapter by Chinmay