Act III

Act III

A Chapter by Chinmay

"Hmp...Again huh" I chucked in my dream at the sight of the weird girl, or what her name was, or what she told I used to call her, Mata.
She came out of thin air, just like the way she disappeared in my yesterday's dream. In this dream too, she looked like glass, completely transparent. She looked so....like herself. I might've said something like "she looked so beautiful" or "I hadn't seen anything more beautiful than her", but that wasn't my style, besides, it would like soo uncool. It was the same room as in earlier dream, and there was this infant on a bed. A women sat near the baby, holding her hand on him. Her hand was glowing lightly, and suddenly everything stopped.

"Its all done, Mata." the woman said. "Take care of him"

"I will" Mata replied.

I felt something pulling me back furiously as the room faded into darkness and I became awake.
"You are awake ! " she exclaimed, as if I'd killed a dragon or something.

"You saw something, didn't you ?" she said.

"How do you know that ?" I asked her still half-asleep.

"I told you. I can feel everything that you are feeling"

"Yeah, yeah". I completely forgot. She can "feel".

"So is it one way or both ways?" I asked casually.

"What?" she said.

"The feeling of feeling"

"Ha..its both, I guess" she replied.

I was about to ask her something else, but she stopped me by raising her hand.

"I know you have a lot of questions to ask, but first you need to eat something, and a lot of something". She handed me 20 or so fruits like those she gave yesterday, and they tasted....ri..di..cu..lous. But I eat them even so, with intense greed. I felt like I hadn't eaten anything for a lifetime.

"It looks like your body is getting normal" she said. She looked kinda happy, I guess. I couldn't "feel" what she was feeling, so I couldn't tell whether she was really happy or not.
I finished eating and murmured a thank you. After hearing that, she stood up and sat close to me.

"Okay..." I said, surprised. "So what are you ?"
I asked her finally.

"Hhhhhh...." She took a deep breath, and started to unwrap the mystery, or, as I like to say it, kick the cat out of the bag.
" I am a Yut, which means a soul without a body. Obviously, I'm not a ghost. I'm something you would call like 'natural energy' I guess, or something like that. Except that the energy and soul are merged ".

"If you are a soul without a body, then how come you have such a se...uh...amazing body ?"

"I saw you suffer in the limbo. I -"

"Limbo ?"

"The 'white world' ", she explained. " I couldn't see you suffering so much. You were losing yourself "

She sounded so sad, and ii, for some reason felt sadder. I was feeling something.

"Oh.. I'm sorry" she said suddenly. "I didn't want you to make you sad".

She forced herself a smile. She wasn't crying, but she seemed to be feeling some sense of guilt, or something. I don't know. This "feeling the feeling" thing, that's not my area of expertise.

"I didn't knew what to do. You mind was trapped in the limbo, and your body was in such a bad shape, and I just...just..."

She paused to think what to say. I could see she was not comfortable.

"I knew that if I intertwine our souls, I could come inside the limbo and drag you out. But as soon as I did that, as you have a physical body, I got one too."

"And what about the dreams ?" I asked. "The ones in which you're doing weird stuff like flying, being transparent and what-not"

"Those were your memories" she replied. " I tried to show you some of your memories. I thought that would make you alright."

"If I am out of the limbo, why don't I remember anything ?"I asked with a serious face.

"I think that..." Her voice trailed off. Her face blushed and she spoke.
" Your memories have been blurred by staying in limbo for too long time. And our souls are not in perfect sync with each other so I am unable to help you regain your memories."

"Not in sync ?" I asked her, making a face as if she'd asked me what was "Lagrange's Mean Value Theorem" ?

You see..." she proceeded, her cheeks getting redder. " The more we are emotionally attached, the more our souls are in sync. You see.. we have ...to....."

"I get it, I get it" I stopped her topic of discomfort. "So I'm not getting my memories back any time sooner huh !"

"I'm sorry" she whispered. I was getting some tickling feeling while she was talking.

She stayed silent for a while, and never looked up for the whole time. I felt I was missing something I wanted to ask.

"Hey Mata" I asked her again. " Who was that lady and that boy from my dreams? "

"That women was your mother, and that boy was your older brother. That's all I know. Since our souls are not in sync, a part of my memory has been erased too."

"That's just great." I said. "But what was my mother doing with all that hand shining ceremony?"

"She was passing her contract to you. A contract for guarding you."
I could she was mentally tired from these questions, so I decided to gave her a break. She got up to clear the ashes formed in place of the fireplace, when I remembered to ask her a question.

"Hey, Mata. I forgot to ask you an important question ?"

Turning her head around, she said "huh ?"

"Do you wear contacts ?"






© 2016 Chinmay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on February 14, 2016
Last Updated on February 14, 2016


Author

 Chinmay
Chinmay

Pune, Shivajinagar, India



About
A normal guy who's life somehow isn't normal. more..

Writing
He He

A Story by Chinmay


Memory I Memory I

A Chapter by Chinmay