Act IV

Act IV

A Chapter by Chinmay


I had so many questions for her, but I kept quiet. We were wandering in this forest cum desert region, I don't how else to describe it. Although she was leading the way, she seemed to be confused. Or at least I "felt" that she was confused, but, whatever. We seemed to be reaching nowhere. And every place looked the same. I was gazing at those tall trees and large fields of dried, dead grass, when I heard her calling somebody. I looked at her.

"Are you listening, Yato ?" she was staring at me, a little frustrated, which was natural.

"What did you call me ?" I asked, surprised.

"Yato" she said, blushing for some reason. "That's your name."

"Oh" said I, absorbing the info. So my name is "Yato". And I thought her name was weird.

"I think I remember this place" she said. "But its all too blurry."

"So where are we going exactly?" I asked her.

"To our home"

"Whoa! Our...home?" she was staying with me? Or worse, I was staying with her? Both sounded soo uncool.

"I told you I am, I mean, was a Yut. Since the day we made the contract, I was always with you, wherever you went, to protect you."

"Wherever I went ?" I conformed again.

"Ya.." she said

"WHEREVER I went" I said, stressing the first word. And she seemed to understand what I was thinking. Maybe she really could read my mind.

"Uh... Except for a few places" she said with a sigh.

We wandered like idiots for a few hours. And we seemed to getting nowhere. But throughout the journey, she took good care of me. She seemed to know when I felt hungry, or tired, or bored. She was kind of a babysitter in a jungle. We stopped when the sun set. We had started a fire. And I could feel that my mind was tired. And depressed. No, it wasn't me who was tired and depressed. Maybe she was...So this was how you felt another's emotions and feelings. I sat around the fire, she sat next to me. Sensing her sadness, I tried to cheer her up.

"So, uh.... We really are lost huh ?" And that's how you screw things up, I blamed myself. I thought she would cry or something, and then I would be awkward to console her, because, you know, that's not my field of expertise. And then she would cry more and more, till I felt guilty and then.... My thoughts stopped running wild when, instead of crying, she smiled.

"You think I would cry like that ?" she said, looking at me.

He face sparkled in the light of the fire, and I felt really weird. She was reading my mind 24�-7. And I didn't knew anything about how she felt, or what might she be thinking.

This was my summery for today.
1) She knew everything that I was thinking.
2) She knew everything that I thought she might be thinking.
3) She somehow knew me very well, from a long time.
4) She didn't wear any contacts.

After drawing out my conclusions, I made preparations to sleep.

"We'll have to go this way." she said suddenly. I opened her eyes and saw her pointing to a direction.

"How do you-"

" I know that we have to go north" she said, then pointing to the North Star.

"Who am I ?" I asked the question that's been all this time.

" You are, what is known as a 'Prime' " she said, without energy. "A prime is a-"

"That's alright" I interrupted her, sensing her tiredness. "You can tell me all that tomorrow"

I didn't really "sense" her tiredness. It was too easy to guess. Her face was like she for forced to suck a dozen full of lemons. And that was not a pretty sight. She understood, and quickly lied down next to me. Moments later, her eyes closed, her hand began to search for something. She reached and grabbed my hand.

Okay... I thought. I know that was weird, but I was getting used to it.

"So, Mata." I asked her. " Were we...uh, always this close?"

She said nothing. With her eyes closed, she only smiled.


© 2016 Chinmay


Author's Note

 Chinmay
So what do you think of this story ? Intresting ? Boring ? Stupid ? I know I'm not that good a writer, but we all have a fantasy deep within us, don't we ?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Having read the previous chapters [but not thoroughly], the story seems to be about a guardian spirit and a boy, the descriptions are beautiful in places as are the interactions with Mata, and the references to anime indicate its genre.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Added on February 14, 2016
Last Updated on February 14, 2016


Author

 Chinmay
Chinmay

Pune, Shivajinagar, India



About
A normal guy who's life somehow isn't normal. more..

Writing
He He

A Story by Chinmay


Memory I Memory I

A Chapter by Chinmay