Act V

Act V

A Chapter by Chinmay
"

Yato doesn't remember anything, and he knows nothing, except that Mata knows almost everything about him. Another day where Yato unwraps his identity and history.

"
"Arza, attack!" I saw myself screaming, or what looked like ordering a man. My hand looked completely black, with red stripes making a pattern on it. The guy, named Arza, burst towards another in front of him.

"Ipse, come forth" the rival shouted, his hand turning just like mine. Suddenly, a man appeared out of nowhere, black flames surrounding his body. Arza extended his hand literally like a rubber band, only to be stopped by Ipse.

"Got you!" I said, stamping my foot on the ground. "Come forth, Birza !"

The ground started to rumble and creak. And a normal guy appeared. Well, he looked normal until he started to throw flames from his mouth and a hundred hands with claws appeared out of his back.

"That is so gross!" I said. I mean, the me that was watching me said, not the me who was fighting. The hands of those Birza guy were like lightning, tossing and throwing rocks, scratching the skin off that Ipse guy and throwing him a few hundred meters away.

"You leave me no choice" the rival said. I tried to watch the rival closely, amongst the chaos. I surely had seen him somewhere. Wait, he was the one from my dreams! He was my brother, at least that's what Mata told me.

"Come forth, Hoko" the rival said, and hot winds started to flow. I could feel something; something big and bad. And weird.

"Fine. Then I won't hold back either" I said. "Come forth, Mata !!"

And she appeared out of thin air, like a whisper. She didn't look transparent then.

"Mata, the second!" I told her, signalling something.

"What, are you sure ?" she asked me turning her head. I could barely listen what they were saying. I nodded to her.

"OK, then !" she said with excitement, but when she saw the rival, she froze.

"Mata !" I shouted. I mean the other me. Realising something, she flew towards the opponent with a sonic speed, her body shining. And the battlefield faded....

"Are you alright ?" Mata asked me, with a worried face. Before I could say her anything, she continued.

" You were having some tensed dream, weren't you ?"

She was reading my mind first thing in the morning. That was kinda irritating.

"Ya" I replied bluntly.

"You can tell me what you saw" she replied comfortingly.

"You don't know what I saw ?" I asked her.

That, I think, pissed her off. Because she immediately snapped. "I don't know EVERYTHING what you think or dream !"

I was surprised by her reaction. I looked away from her. There was this awkward silence, then I heard something.

"I.. uh..". I turned around. Her face was looking,...terrible, I guess. She looked sad, or more appropriately, guilty. She was standing stiffly, then she suddenly bowed her head.

"I apologize. Even though our souls are connected now, I have no right to talk to you like that."

"Its OK." I replied quickly, as this was too weird (again) for me. I grabbed her shoulders and pulled her up. Her short hairs were on her face. I waited for a sec so she could tuck her hairs from her face back, but she didn't. Her face looked,...different, so I took the lead and placed her hairs behind her ears. She looked at me like a puppy who'd torn down your expensive sofa, so I asked her.

"You do you treat me so weirdly ?"

"I guess that's because...." she mumbled. I waited for her to continue.

"Because you were like my master". I remembered my dream this mmorning, and cursed myself for asking her that. I didn't wanted to ask her more about that "master" stuff, cause I knew she'd only tell me more weird things.

We got ready, eat more of those "sweet" fruits that Mata always used to have in plenty, and moved towards the direction she pointed out yesterday night.

"So Mata..." I asked her, after some time. " Do you know someone called Arza and Birza ?"

She swooped her head back and looked at me with wide eyes. "You remember them ?"

"No, unfortunately" I replied. " I saw them-"

"In your dream today" she completed my sentence. I sighed. She is so like herself, reading my thoughts again. I saw her eyes, and I knew that she had a lot more to tell me about everything. Knowing my ignorance, she started filling me up, while holding my hand. Ya, it was "unlike normal", but as I told you before, I was getting used to her touch.

"Arza and Birza were the other 'Yut' that kept you safe. Or more likely, helped beat people up."

"What ?! I used to... beat people ?!" I exclaimed. I couldn't imagine myself in such picture. I mean, I thought of myself as a peace-loving person. Or maybe not, I thought, as I remembered my dream again.

"So you too used to beat people ?" I said, waiting for her reaction.

She looked at me, extremely depressed.
" You really don't remember anything about yourself."
I could see it hurt her to see me like this. Ignorant and confused about myself about her and everything else. I was so pathetic. In the back of my mind some voices told me 'You look so uncool'.

"You'll be alright." she said with a depressed yet hopeful smile, her caring hand on my face. "I'll make sure of it"

I held her hand which was on my face, which was soft and warm. I never felt a touch like this before. Or if I had, I didn't remembered.
"Let's continue" I said. She nodded, approvingly. And we continued.

"Hey, do I used to hate my brother ?" I enquired.

"I don't remember anything about him, or your family." she said mechanically. That sounded weird. I mean, not the kind of weird I used to call her. I was beginning to understand the was she talked when she was happy, or sad, or angry. Maybe I was wrong, but for a second I thought that she didn't wanted to answer that.

That was some travelling, my feet were numb from walking, or maybe I was just convincing myself that I was tired. Either way, it didn't felt good. But that was all long gone when we spotted a small village. I laughed loudly, realising that the first two days we were travelling in the opposite direction. Maybe she "felt" that I realised that she had done a stupid thing, and this was what was that stupid thing, for I caught her blushing, even in her tired state. She avoided looking at me for a while.

"From here, we can find a way home"she told me. I was about to ask her how, when she continued.

"You used to know someone here. He might help us to fix you up."

And we headed into the village, hoping for a good luck.



© 2016 Chinmay


Author's Note

 Chinmay
Please don't ignore the grammer, and tell me a possible way to fix it, cause 'grammer isn't my field of expertise'. Also, review and tell me your views about the chapter, or the story as a whole.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on February 15, 2016
Last Updated on February 15, 2016


Author

 Chinmay
Chinmay

Pune, Shivajinagar, India



About
A normal guy who's life somehow isn't normal. more..

Writing
He He

A Story by Chinmay


Memory I Memory I

A Chapter by Chinmay