Chapter 2: The Preparation

Chapter 2: The Preparation

A Chapter by White Rose
"

Nara is getting prepared to leave. She's packing her room up!

"

 

 

 

 

      "Nara, you need to go pack. We are leaving at 4 in the morning," Betha says, stirring the beef stew.

     Nara walks around the living room to the first door on the left.  She opens its up and a world of dinosaurs come to life!  A volcano and exotic plants are painted on the right wall.  A cave is painted on the far right corner, where her open Tyrannosaurus mouth bed lies.  On the rest of the wall a duckbill and a Triceratops graze on some patches of plants.  On her left wall a group of Pteradactles fly above a group of Braceasaurus. Nara walks in and turns on the light and sees a pile of large boxes sitting against her closet doors painted with a nest of Pteradactle babies.  She grabs the smallest box, which was long enough to put an adult in, that is marked "clothes".  She moves the other boxes to the side and opens her closet doors.  She turns on her closet light, unhangs and folds her clothes, and sets them in the box.  Once her closet is empty an Alasaurus greets her with a hungery smile.  She walks out, turns off the light, grabs the box, and shuts the doors.  She walks over the the brown dresser, with the half full box in her hands, and sets it down in ront of the dresser.  She opens the top right drawer and throws her undergraments into the box.  She opens her top left drawer and throws her red and yellow fire one -piece bathing suit in the box, along with her black, gold, and red flame sweatshirt and her black jacket.  She sets the box on the bed and grabsnthe box titled "books", which is larger than her clothes box.  She opens her right and left middle drawers of her dresser. They are both filled with books!  She neatly sets all her books in the box.  Then she grabs the largest box marked "fragile". She grabs the porcelin dolls and sets them in the box.  She grabs her collection of glass, porcelin, and marble dragons and sets them into the box, as well.  The box is now half full.  She grabs her picture frames with pictures in them and sets them in the box. She grabs a picture frame with a T-rex on it. In it, a picture smiles. She, Ruby, and a tall blonde in his twenties stand with him in the middle Ruby at his left his left arm around her and Nara on his right with his right arm around her.  

     "Oh, Nick, I'm sorry I failed you.  I can't take care of her anymore," Nara sobs, "I promised you and I failed you. I'm so sorry."

     She takes the picture frame over to her bed and sets it on the bed.  She grabs her vasesand a crystal wolf from her nightstand and sets them in the box.  

     "Your mother and I will make that these boxes it to Shanghai as soon as possible," Iani says to Nara from the doorway.

     "Okay," Nara chokes.

     "This will be a great opportunity for you and your sisters," Iani says, "Not very many children get to do something like this.  Instead of dwelling you sould be celebrating."  

     "Thank you, father, for your words of wisdom.  And I'm sorry for dwelling in your presence for I know you did it to allow me to have a better life," Nara says to Iani in respect.

     "Once you are done packing your mother has dinner ready," Iani says. 

     "Yes father," Nara says.

     Iani leaves without another word.

     "I do not see how I can celebrate right now or ever.  I am leaveing my hometown and my best friend to go to an unknown place," Nara thinks to herself, "Stupid, selfish, arrogent father."

     Nara grabs her navy blue jean backpack and puts her favorite book, the picture frame, and her cds and cd player in it.  She tightens it up and sets it next to her door.  She walks to her nightstand, peers out out her window,  across the street, and at Ruby's house.  A tear falls down her face and she abrutly wipes it away.  She turns around and walks back to her door.  She turns off the light, walks out, and closes the door behind herself.  She walks to the kitchen.

     "Nara," Arcki says in a soft whispy voice.

     Arcki is a blonde with wavy hair that hangs down to her lower back, her eyes blue-green with a hint of red from tears.  Auk looks up from her bowl of stew. 

     "It's stew tonight," she says, "Your bowl is in the microwave."

     Auk is a redhead with straight hair that hangs to her middle back, her cloudy blue eyes pierce through Nara who does not look at either of them.

     Nara walks over to the microwave, which is next to the fridge. She opens the microwave up and grabs her bowl of beef stew.  She grabs the last spoon on the counter and sits across Auk and Arcki.  Nara puts the spoon in the bowl and begins to spin it in sorrow.  Auk and Arcki look at eachother in worry.

     "Nara," Arcki says, "we are all sad."

     "Yeah, I mean, Saphire was our friend," Auk says.

     "Yeah but," Nara stops spinning the spoon, " you three weren't as close to eachother as Ruby and I were."

     "Well, you need to eat," Arcki says.

     "Or dad is going to get mad," Auk finishes.

     "And I know you do not care," Arcki says.

     "But we do," Auk finishes again.

     Nara stares from the spoon to the stew.

     "I really hate your team-ups," Nara grumbles.

     Nara takes a spoonful of stew and forces herself to eat.  She finally gets done. Then, Betha walks in.

     "Time for bed," she says with a smile.

     Nara grabs all the bowls and spoons and puts them in the sink.  Then, she slinks back into her room.  Betha notices but ignores it.  Instead, she attends to Auk and Arcki.  She gets them into their pink and red Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo pajamas.  She reads 101 Dalmations to them, turns on their Pachabel, turns off the lights, and closes the door.

     Betha walks into Nara's room to see Nara in bed, dressed, and crying.  She walks over to her bed and sits down on the side.  She places a hand on Nara's shoulder unsure if Nara would allow a hug.  Nara's sobs and sorrow filled the room.  Betha's heart shatters.

     "Nara, this is good for you.  Who knows maybe you will get more friends," She assures.

     "I do not want more friends, Mother, I want Ruby," Nara shouts while turning to her.

     Her dark chocolate-grey eyes red of sorrow.  Betha opens her mouth then closes; she's speechless.  She notices a shiny chain necklace on Nara's neck.

     "Is that Ruby's," she changes the subject.

     Nara nods.

     "You need to give it back to her," Betha says.

     "She won't take it back. I tried," Nara says, "She wants me to find her when I get older.  She says I will find her with this."

     Betha understands. Ruby's not letting go of Nara for any reason.  She nods and brushes Nara's milk chocolate hair from her eyes.

     "It's bedtime. We are getting up at 3:30 to catch a plane to Shanghai," she informs.

     Nara bows her head and nods.  Betha pulls Nara into a hug. At first, Nara is astound and not even a second later she's crying on Betha's shoulder like the 9 year old she is.  Moments later, Nara stops her crying and Betha kisses her wet cheek.  She pulls the Dinosaur bedspread over Nara's body and up to her neck.  She kisses Nara's forehead and Nara returns the kiss, then she turns on Nara's pachabel, turns the light off, walks out and closes the door behind herself.  Betha turns everything off and goes to bed herself.   



© 2008 White Rose


Author's Note

White Rose
I hope this chapter is as good or better than the first chapter. I hope you have enjoyed reading it as I have writing it. Have a good day or night. :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting Story.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 19, 2008


Author

White Rose
White Rose

Constanta, Dobrogea, Romania



About
When the door to darkness opens up, it'll reveal all that is sad and evil, the hearts of the world will shrivel and die, the heroes will fall and be forgotten, then it'll be up to the people, the.. more..

Writing
I wish I wish

A Poem by White Rose


Voice Voice

A Poem by White Rose


Colors Colors

A Poem by White Rose