Chapter 5: Saddened Truth

Chapter 5: Saddened Truth

A Chapter by White Rose
"

The flight to Russia from Ireland and this is the story of Ruby's older brother.

"

     They walk into a long winding tunnel.  Every bit of noise penetrates from the walls and the ceiling.  The tunnel is very noisy from everyone's talking.  The line stops for only a couple of minutes.  Soon they reach the end of the noisy tunnel and into a narrow space filled with seats.  They have reached the airplane.  A young handsome man is standing to the the side giving directions to the seats.

     "Welcome sir," the young blonde man says in a low dark voice.

     "Thank you," Iani says.

     "No, we're fine."

    The man bows his head and turns his attention toward another family behind Nara.  Iani begins to walk toward the seats. He stops at a row of seats near the end of first part of the plane. 

     "Betha, Arcki, and I will sit in the back row. Nara, you and Auk will sit in front of us," Iani informs.

     Nara sits next to the window and Auk sits on the isle seat.  Iani sits behind Nara, Arcki in the middle, and Betha on the isle seat.  Nara pulls her backpack off her back and sets it on her lap.

    "Buckle up."  They hear from behind them.

    They do as they're told.  After many long minutes the intercom comes on.  

     "Welcome to flight A-16.  My name is Arnald.  I am your pilot for the trip to Moscow, Russia.  My assisstant pilot for the flight is Joseph.  We hope your flight will be comforting for you.  Now here is a video on proper safety," the  pilot on the intercom says.

      As soon as the pilot gets off a video turns on.  Nara turns her head and looks out the window.  She notices that the outside environment starts to slowly change.  

     "We are now departing," the pilot says. 

     Cold air begins to flow, making Nara shiver.  They begin to go around in what seems like circles.  The noise of engines becomes lounder.  

     "Please make sure your seatblets are fastened," the pilot says.

     Nara's heartbeat increases with anxiety and her bloodflow flows as fast as the engines turn.  The runway lines, bushes, and trees begin to pass by faster each second.  After about a minute the trees begins to shink and pressure pushes Nara into her seat, along with her insides, and she felt as if her stomach had run off.  She sees clouds pass by and she sees a hint of light from the sun.

     "Daddy, how long are we going to be on this plane?" Auk asks Iani.

     "Seven hours," Iani answers.  

     "So we'll get to Russia at 11, right?" Arcki guesses.

     "Correct," Iani answers.

     Nara pulls out her CD player and puts in a CD.  The first song that begins to play is "Perfect" by Simple Plan. The first hour goes by like the sun goes all across the sky, forever.  The plane begins to play the movie Snow Puppies, so the next two hours go by pretty quick.  After the movie was over, she pops in another CD.  The CD plays all the way through by the end of the third hour.  So she grabs the empty case from her pack, puts the CD in it, and digs out another one.  The next CD she begins to play is fully green with a dark green four leaf clover on it.  The beginning of that one is Mordred's Lullaby by Heather Dale.  The thought of Nick, Ruby's older brother, pops in her head, well, his story did.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *   

 

     Nara was playing with Ruby and Nick at the sea when Nick's story was told.  The question that lingered in her head since she first met Nick about a year before.  She finally gained enough courage and strength to do so.  She slunk up to Nick who was soaked from head to toe from playing in the water with Ruby.  She stopped about a foot from him, second-guessing her decision.

     "You know Nara, I never thought I would ever see the day that I would trust anyone from the outside of the family with a secret that I am about to tell you."  He stated while looking out at the horizon.

     He turned to look at her.  He cursored her to come closer and patted the ground next to him.  Nara slowly sit next to him. 

     "Ruby and I are brother and sister, but I have a sad tale.  I was created by rape, Nara.  It is a day that will linger in my mother - Ruby's and my mother - was raped by her older brother one day.  He was over at our grandparents and he was upset.  His wife and him had gotten into a fight and she left him.  She, my mother, tried to comfort her brother but he took it too far.  He walked her into the guest room, sat her on the bed, locked the door,  and, the rest is history.  She was a shivering, bloody body after he was done.  Nine months later, I was born.  I never want Ruby to go through something like that and I NEVER want to be like my uncle-father, because after he raped her, he left, and never came back." Nick said. 

     Nara was taken aback.

     "My goodness," she said under her breath. 

     "Yeah, but, you know what?  I don't care if her brother accepts me or not and I don't want to get to know him, because I've got two of the best people to love and care for me as much as I love and care for me.  So he doesn't matter to me." 

       "Wow," she said, astounded.

         Nick smiles and looks out at the golden horizon once more.

         "I didn't tell you that story for you to pity me, but for you to not pity youself." He said.

     Nara looked out.

     "I don't," she lied.

     "Oh, you don't, huh?"

     "No." 

     "Then why do you get jealous of Auk and Arcki whenever Iani gives them attention and leaves you?

     "That I can't control."

     "You can."

     Tears stung Nara's eyes.

     "I don't want to give up on Father's tuff love."           

     "Is that what you call it?"

     "Yes."

     Nick went quiet.

     "I'm olny letting you know that Auk, Arcki, and Betha all love you and see you as equal it's just Iani who gets in the way.  So forget about his 'tuff love' and let in their 'true love'."

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

     Nara awakes to no music and the sounds of quiet chattering. 

     "One more hour, Nara." Arcki cheerfully says.

     "Til we get off the plane?"

     "Uh-huh."

     "Cool."

     The plane is quiet except from Arcki and Auk's whispering.  Nara is listening to a diffrent CD and watching more clouds pass and sees a small town and highway.

     "Ladies and gentlemen, we are now in Moscow,Russia."



© 2008 White Rose


Author's Note

White Rose
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!! You now know more about Ruby's family.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on October 20, 2008


Author

White Rose
White Rose

Constanta, Dobrogea, Romania



About
When the door to darkness opens up, it'll reveal all that is sad and evil, the hearts of the world will shrivel and die, the heroes will fall and be forgotten, then it'll be up to the people, the.. more..

Writing
I wish I wish

A Poem by White Rose


Voice Voice

A Poem by White Rose


Colors Colors

A Poem by White Rose