Chapter 6: Time Passing

Chapter 6: Time Passing

A Chapter by White Rose
"

Everyone's in Russia and this is what occurs while in Russia waiting for the next plane.

"

        The plane begins to come alive, noisy.  Auk and Arcki begin to speak loudly at eachother.  

      "Ladies and gentlemen please put your seatbelts on at this time," the intercom says.

      A minute later, the pressure that was once holding Nara in the seat lifted, and Nara feels as if she would fly out of her seat if it wasn't for the seatbelt.  Only a few minutes pass before she feels a couple bumps.  The engines turn down and the airflow stops.  After about ten minutes the plane completely stops.  

      "Have a good day," the intercom says.

      Iani stands up and begins to follow the line off the plane.  They walk back into the loud tunnel.  The noise penetrates once more.  Once inside the airport, everything becomes hetic.  Iani begins to walk forward and everyone follows.  He walks up an escalator, takes a left, up another escalator, and into a tram.  Nara has trouble keeping up.  Auk grabs Nara's hand and pulls her into the tram, which almost took her foot.  Nara bends over, resting her hands on her knees, and gasps for air.  Iani looks at Nara from the corner of his eyes.  Nara catches a glimpse of his gaze.

     "You going to make it?"  His eyes ask.

     "I am," she replies in her mind.

     Iani walks out and Auk grabs Nara's wrist to keep her moving.  Iani walks forward, downstairs, takes a left, and walks forward.  He turns right and sits down on a seat.  Everyone sits down as well.  After a few minutes, Iani gets up and walkes off.  Auk and Nara looks at eachother in curiosity then at Arcki.

    "Lunch," she mouths.

    "Ah," they mouth in unison. 

    Many minutes later Iani comes back with McDonald's.  Iani passes down two double cheeseburgers, which Auk and Arcki get.  Nara gets a Big Mac.  They each get a large fries and a large slushie from Sonic.  Nara eats her fries frist, slow and sure.  After they are very salty that is for sure.  The Big Mac tastes like  a meaty salad.  After they were done with their lunch, Iani and Betha begin to talk amongst themselves.  Auk begins to annoy Arcki out of boredom.  Nara pulls out her newest book that Ruby bought as a present for her nineth birthday.  Malchior is the title of the book.  She turns on her CD player and plays her newest CD that Nancy made for her.  The first song that plays is My Place in this World by Michael W. Smith.  Nara blocks out the environment around her and begins to read to the book.  Her mind, so full of creativity, begins to play the book as a movie.  Nara is brought back into reality by a soft nudge on her left shoulder.  She lifts her head from the book and looks to the left.  It is Auk.

      "How unfortunate," she says in her mind.

      She pulls off her headphone. 

      "Yes?" She asks.

      "We're leaving," Auk replies.

      Nara quickly marks her page with a red and black bookmark, closes the book, and gathers her belongings.  She slings her sack onto her back and runs to the rest of the family, who are already in line, with Auk at her heels.  They reach them as they reach the checker, who is a young blonde in, about, her young twenties. 

      "Have a nice flight, sir," she says in her heavy Russian accent.

      Iani nods and walks on and everyone follows after.  

      "Into the loud noise pentrating tunnel again, yay," Auk says sarcastically.

      Arcki and Nara laugh. 

              



© 2008 White Rose


Author's Note

White Rose
Sorry this one is so short but I couldn't think of anything else to say and I promise that the story is going to get more interesting soon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

skimmed but like the base story
modern nomads use air travel huh ?
yeah s'pose camels horses where getting too slow .. ;-)n
kinda miss the idea though
miss so much in a tin box at 30,000

raven

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 29, 2008


Author

White Rose
White Rose

Constanta, Dobrogea, Romania



About
When the door to darkness opens up, it'll reveal all that is sad and evil, the hearts of the world will shrivel and die, the heroes will fall and be forgotten, then it'll be up to the people, the.. more..

Writing
I wish I wish

A Poem by White Rose


Voice Voice

A Poem by White Rose


Colors Colors

A Poem by White Rose