Going Out

Going Out

A Chapter by Tori Fletcher
"

second chapter

"
"Ashely! Katey's here!" My mom yelled from downstairs.
"I'll be right down!" I yelled back. We'd made plans last week to go to the mall and act...silly as usual. I walked downstairs and found her standing at the door still. She was wearing a black Yoshi shirt, lime green skinny jeans, and her favorite pair of 'signed' converse. Her hair had a new hot pink streak in it under her purple head band.
"Next time, when you're waiting just flop down on the couch and wait!" We laughed.
"I'll keep that in mind for when we get back." She smiled.
"Mom, we'll be back, late, don't wait up!" I yelled, walking out the door with my keys. We didn't wait for her reply, we just walked out to my cherry red Mustang GT. We slid in and cranked up the stereo, we were jamming to my Creed CD when I had to slam on my breaks to keep from hitting this kid from school, I think his name was Jake. Katey slid out of the car to make sure he was alright. Besides, she had a major crush on him anyway. I figured I'd get out too since I was the one who almost hit him.
"Are you okay?" Katey asked him.
"Yep, never better...Katey, right?" He said, with a rock star grin.
"Yeah it's Katey, so what were you doing in the middle of the road?"
"To be honest, I have no clue, but where were you all headed?"
"To the mall, you wanna come?" She asked him, clearly not caring what I thought of this situation.
"If it's okay with Ashley, sure I'd love to come." He looked at me, and Katey mouthed 'PLEASE'.
"Sure, what the heck." I said, throwing my hands in the air in defeat.
"Yay!" Katey said, hopelessly clingy. I just rolled my eyes and we all piled into the car and kept rocking out to Creed. We eventually got to the mall and ran into my boyfriend and Jake's best friend, Cody Harrison.
"Hey baby!" He said.
"Fancy meeting you here." Katey said, with a disgusted face. Cody glared at her then looked back at me.
We walked through the mall, Cody and I holding hands and Jake and Katey getting along for once.
"Dude, the skateboard store!" Cody said, looking back at Jake.
"Then let's go bro!" Jake said. After they were gone and out of earshot, Katey came up to me, grabbed my arm and started shaking it.
"HE CAN RIDE A SKATEBOARD!!" She squealed.
"Calm yourself, child!" I said, she looked at her shoes embarrassed. She turned to one of the store windows and checked her reflection. Cody and Jake whizzed by on their new skateboards. They weaved figure eights around us and, inevitably, headbutting each other. Katey and I doubled over in laughter. Katey fell on a bench, still laughing.
"Ouch, hey don't laugh, that ain't cool!" Jake said, rubbing his forehead.


© 2013 Tori Fletcher


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on March 19, 2013
Last Updated on March 19, 2013
Tags: continuance


Author

Tori Fletcher
Tori Fletcher

Louisa, KY



About
I love writing fiction, poems, and lyrics! I get my inspiration anywhere from music to nature itself. My favorite things are books and thunderstorms...of course my boyfriend is my life and I love him .. more..

Writing
Dream Dream

A Chapter by Tori Fletcher


He's Back He's Back

A Chapter by Tori Fletcher